8

Alexithymia
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Joohyun grown up so much to the point Taeyeon didn’t even recognize the girl the first time she saw her. Taeyeon only know that Joohyun is her cousin through Tiffany, it when Tiffany told her that Joohyun is coming from Bae family.

God! It been twelve years since she last saw Joohyun, since the last time she can embrace this no longer little girl like this.

Yes Joohyun is crying in her arms right.

‘Shh… it’ll be alright.’ Taeyeon soothe the girl, hand her cousin hair. Joohyun fit into her arm now that they share the same height.

It feel so ridiculous how a kid she use to carry around now can hug her like this.

‘I miss you unnie.’ Joohyun able to form a sentence in between her sob.

‘I know.’ Taeyeon swing their body lightly, humming just like the old time where she use to do this whenever Joohyun is crying or throwing a tantrum. ‘And I miss you more my little bunny.’

 

‘I’m sorry I didn’t recognize you at first unnie.’

Taeyeon simple shake her head as she prepare a warm tea for both of them. Now Joohyun eyes all swollen again.

‘You were just six at that time, I barely recognize you too you know?’ she raise her eyebrows, feeling amusing about how they been reunite.

Fate surely has it ways.

Twelves years, Joohyun now 18 approaching 19 and Taeyeon is 30 years old now.

God! Time is cruel, Taeyeon swallow the bitter fact about her age.

 

….

 

‘it's not easy you know.’ Tiffany break the silence between her and Seulgi as they make their way toward the mart across the apartment. She wonder is it appropriate to have this heavy topic with a minor but Tiffany thought it for best, for Seulgi and Joohyun.

Seulgi didn’t say anything, she just stare at Tiffany waiting the woman to continue.

‘Joohyun.. for Joohyun to run away from everything.’ Tiffany pause checking on the teenager, she really doesn’t want the topic to all heavy since Seulgi might not understand what is she trying to say now. ‘from everything she knew, her life –

‘I won't leave her.’

Okay, Tiffany doesn’t even realize she stop walking because of how thick and serious Seulgi voice is, cutting her speech.

Staring at the teenager that did not even blink under her tense gaze.

‘Joohyun want to be with me and so do I.’

The image of where she left Joohyun that night now running inside Seulgi head and she hate it! she hate it so much when she left Joohyun like that and there is no way Seulgi going to leave Joohyun ever again.

Even on Joohyun command. Seulgi vow not to leave Joohyun side. Ever.

The heaviness on her chest, the burden and the thick unpleasant feeling that harboured on her shoulder that day. Seulgi doesn’t want to go through that again.

That is how she realize, she want to be with Joohyun.

 

Honestly, it surprise Tiffany the way this teenager gaze, speech and body language doesn’t look like some other teenagers who declare their love like a teenager going through puberty. Tiffany can sense the maturity in Seulgi and she knew then why Joohyun throw everything for this monolid kid.

She doesn’t know for sure, but she can tell … things between Seulgi and Joohyun is not just a teenager phase because Tiffany go through like this too. with Taeyeon.

….

While Seulgi and Tiffany still doing some groceries.

Joohyun here been answer Taeyeon death question like

Please tell me you guys being careful was Taeyeon first sentences once Joohyun explain to her that she and Seulgi can marry legally in South Korea. That made Joohyun pale skin turn into a shade of red.

She and Seulgi didn’t even go to second base, for goodness sake they not even at first base. They just …. They just … Joohyun don’t know what is it but she will talk to Seulgi about this the first thing they return to Seulgi place.

.

.

.

Taeyeon keep her eyes like a hawk toward Seulgi and Joohyun who talking and reading about god know what in dining area. A few meter from her and Tiffany at living room area.

With Joohyun giggling here and there and Seulgi who doesn’t seem to understand anything.

‘You have to admit,’ Tiffany nudge Taeyeon elbow. ‘they’re so cute.’

A glare from her fiancé and Tiffany let out a sigh. Both hand up in the air motion that she sur

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter