Epilogue

The Galaxy Above Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You stood over the plot of dirt, wiping your remaining tears as you let out a long sigh. The past few days passed by slowly but at the same time, you felt like it all passed in a blink of the eye. You stood there alone, placing your last bouquet on the ground.

“I’ll see you soon.” You whispered.

“(y/n)?” Someone called behind you. You turned around, a small smile making its way to your face.

“Hey, Kihyun. You’re still here?” You asked softly. He nodded, holding an umbrella over his head. Walking towards you, he used it to shelter you from the bright sun. You smiled gratefully.

“Just thinking that he left so quickly…” You sighed, looking to the plot where bouquets laid.

“It’ll be okay.” He wrapped an arm around your shoulders.

“Thanks again for coming.” You said and he shook his head at your words. You were glad that your father’s old boss’ son had become friends with you. After meeting him at the ball many nights ago, you were surprised he still remembered you. And now, he was standing with you, offering you a shoulder to cry on and comforting hugs.

“Ready to go? I can drop you home.” He offered.

“Yeah…” You nodded, letting his turn you around and walk you to his car. Kihyun opened the door for you and you sat inside with a bow of the head.

“Are you feeling better? Still feeling sick?” He asked as he drove. You shook your head. It was still a ‘miracle’ that you woke up from your coma a few days before your father passed away.

“I’m just glad I woke up in time to see him go.” You looked out the window, watching the buildings pass you.

“Don’t strain yourself too much, okay? If you ever need anything, just let me know.” He said. You nodded with a small hum. It was quite a shame that you met Kihyun so late in life. Even if you were only new friends, he was very supportive and kind.

“You’ve only known me for a few days but you’ve already done so much for me.” You chuckled.

“I visited you in the hospital when I heard you were admitted. So really, it’s been more than just a few days.” Kihyun joked. You nodded your head in agreement. He would come to the hospital every day when you were with your father.

“Well, people may get the wrong idea.” You said. There were already rumours that you were bedding the young inheritor.

“Don’t worry your little head about gossip.” He patted your head.

“We’re here.” The car came to a stop and you looked up at your house. Kihyun ran over to open the door for you, holding his hand out to you to help you step out. Like the gentleman that he was, he walked with you to your front door. You took your keys out to open your door. Kihyun stood beside you, almost expectantly.

“T-Thanks again, Kihyun.” You stuttered as you faced him. Kihyun smiled, rubbing the back of his neck sheepishly. His sudden nervousness made you a little confused as you blinked up at him.

“(y/n)… I know this isn’t the right time but…” He started.

“But?”

“I would like to take you out on a date. I mean, not immediately because I understand if you need a few days to settle down but… when you feel better.” He smiled a little.

“Oh.” Your eyes widened, not expecting that.

“I’m honoured, Kihyun. And I’d love to but I’m not really ready to go on a date or start a relationship yet..” You frowned a little.

“Oh.” Kihyun replied.

“After today, I don’t know what my plans are. I may travel or just try to get back on my own two feet, alone this time. I’m not sure when I’ll be ready to move forward. You’re a great guy and any girl would be lucky to be asked out by you. I’m not going to hold you back.” You smiled softly.

“I understand.” He mumbled.

“I’m sorry, it’s just a little too soon.” You said.

“Don’t apologise. You didn’t exactly say no so I’ll try again soon.” Kihyun joked but his expression was distraught. As consolation, all you could do was hug him. Kihyun slowly wrapped his arms around you.

“Thank you, Kihyun.” You whispered.

“I’ll see you around, I guess.” Kihyun said with a forced smile. He was rather persistent, wasn’t he?

“Maybe.” You let out a light giggle as he nodded sourly. You bowed your head and entered your house, closing the door behind you. As you heard his retreating footsteps, you let out a sigh, sliding down with your back pressed against the door. Looking up at the empty house, you knew your father wouldn’t be in his office anymore.

“I’m home.” You still announced as you went upstairs. You dropped your bag by your room door before falling onto the bed. It’s been an especially long day.

“It’s almost time.” You pushed yourself to stand up. After a long day crying in the sun, you wanted a nice bath. You ran the water, throwing a lavender bath bomb into the water, watching it fizz.

Peeling your black dress off, you sunk into the water. The warmth surrounded you and soothed your aching muscles.

“Nap time.” For the first time in days, you managed to get a few hours of undisturbed sleep.

It was midnight when you heard three taps on your bedroom window. You closed your bag and stood up from your bed, opening the window. Immediately, you hugged the person, pressing your cheek against his chest as you willed yourself not to cry.

“It’s okay to cry.” He whispered, fingers weaving through your hair.

“It was horrible.” You mumbled.

“I know. Sorry, we couldn’t be there for you.” He kissed the top of your head as his hand rubbed your back comfortingly. 

“It’s okay. I asked to be alone anyway.” You pulled away to grab your things while he stepped in. You went downstairs, closing the windows and making sure everything was locked.

“Yo- Oof!” You turned around to crash into his chest. You blinked in shock at the closeness, stepping back.

“Sorry.” You rubbed the back of your neck. He shrugged, grasping your wrist to prevent you from escaping him. He wrapped an arm around your waist, holding you tightly against his body. You felt your cheeks blush as the proximity. The silk of his robes brushed against your skin softly. Before you could say anything, he hushed you.

“I didn’t like that human touching you.” He whispered against your ear. It took a while for you the understand what he was referring to.

“K-Kihyun is not-”

“Don’t say his name.” Yoongi cut you off. As you finished closing off the rest of the house, Yoongi followed behind you. You entered your father’s office, a weird churning in your stomach.

“It’s okay. Take your time.” Yoongi placed his hands on your shoulders. You gulped and walked into the room.

“He never liked me being in here.” You sighed, fingertips brushing against the oak desk. You sat in his chair, looking at the photo of you on the table.

“This may be one of the only photos we have.” You picked it up. It was a formal picture of him and you, when you were little, at some charity event. That was when you started going to events with him. You smiled softly, staring at the image as you remembered.

“I’ll

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter