Chapter 4

The Galaxy Above Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You were woken up by the soft sound of a piano melody. Getting out of bed, you saw a set of clothes, neatly folded and stacked by the window sill. There was a small note sitting on top.

‘You can wear these for now. We’ll go into town today to get more clothes for the duration of your stay here. - The boys’

It was a short sleeved button up shirt with a cardigan and some khakis. In the event that the khakis didn’t fit, the boys were nice enough to include a belt. Going into the adjacent bathroom, you entered to take a nice, warm shower and brush your teeth. You stepped out and changed into the clothes that the boys had put together for you.

*KNOCK KNOCK*

“Come in.” You replied, fixing the belt around your waist. 

“Hey, I was about to call you for breakfast. The clothes don’t look too bad, they seem to fit.” Jin chuckled. 

“Yeah, the belt helped. Thank you, by the way.” You smiled sheepishly. Jin merely smiled in response and you followed him out. The two of you arrived back at a big dining hall. 

“Uh, good morning.” You greeted the others with a slight bow of the head. 

“Good morning!” You were suddenly squished into a hug. You blinked in shock, your cheek pressed against someone’s warm chest. 

“Yah! Jungkook ah, you can’t just do that!” The person was pulled away from you and your cheeks burned. Jin slapped the back of Jungkook’s head, shouting at the youngest god for doing that. Jungkook just shot you a proud grin, giggling. 

“Come!” He grabbed your hand, pulling you to the table. 

“Hey, be careful.” Yoongi scolded as he caught you before you could trip. You sat down and joined them for breakfast. They all had different eating habits, they almost seemed like normal people, not gods.

“The food not to your liking?” Namjoon asked. 

“Not at all! It’s really good actually.” You said shyly, looking down at your plate. 

“I’m done. I’ll go get changed.” Jimin said and dashed off. One by one, they all left the table while Jungkook and Taehyung cleared up, being the last two to finish their food. 

“Let’s wait for the rest here.” Hoseok said. His hanbok was a wine red with gold fireworks on it. The other boys came, all dressed in hanboks, wearing different coloured outer wear with gold detailing like royalty. Taehyung was the last to come out of his room, fumbling with the silks of his green hanbok with golden rabbits and birds.

“We should go.” The boys said. You walked beside Jin, finding the most familiarity with him. 

“If you don’t mind walking, it’s not that far. We can show you around as well.” Jin smiled and you nodded your head.

“So (y/n), there’s the moon and there’s the sun.” Jimin pointed out excitedly.

“They exist together?”

“On this plane, yes. That’s why there isn’t really a clear night and day here like on earth. But as gods that work on earth, we just follow earth timings. The people here do what they want, not really having any timings to follow.” Yoongi explained. You looked up at the sun and the moon.

“Greetings.” The town people that saw the 8 of you bowed respectfully. Not once did they shoot you a dirty or weird look for being with the gods. On earth, there would have been gossip or stares.

“Hello.” The 7 gods smiled and shook hands with people. You shyly smiled and gave a small wave as well.

“Here.” Jin opened the door for you into a tailor.

“Greetings, gods of the lands.” The old couple came out and bowed to the group of you. You bowed your head, letting the old lady hold your hands in hers. She sent you a soft smile.

“What a pretty maiden.” She complimented.

“T-Thank you.” You stuttered nervously, a light blush dusting your cheeks. She chuckled and patted the back of your hand.

“I’ll get her measurements. You boys sit here and wait.” She told the 7 gods, who immediately plopped down on the waiting benches. The lady brought you to the back and began to take measurements for you. You listened to her ramble on about the gods and how nice they were. You also learnt that only the gods were allowed to have gold in their outfits.

“Relax, dear.” She patted your shoulders.

“Sorry, I don’t know what I should be doing.” You chuckled nervously. She laughed and threw the measuring tape over her shoulder.

“Don’t worry, I’ve got all your measurements. So let’s go out and pick the colours you’d like.” She held your hand and led you back out to the waiting area. The old man stood over rolls of coloured cloth.

“What colour would you like, (y/n)?”

“I like this cream colour.” You ran your fingers over the soft silk. The boys nodded in agreement.

“Get her one in each of our colours too.” Namjoon told the old man, who nodded his head. You didn’t know what their colours were but judging by the colours that they were currently wearing, that was their individual colour. 

“Any design in mind?” Jungkook asked you. You shook your head, you were never an artsy person that could draw well, much less design a hanbok. 

“May I?” He asked. 

“Yes, please.” You nodded. Jungkook is the god of arts, who else to trust but him? He grabbed the brush and his fingers danced across the sheet of paper, turning and carefully placing each . There was slight frown on his face, showing how focused he was on this.

“It’s a surprise!” Jungkook quickly folded the paper to prevent you from seeing the whole piece. 

“I agree. We will do a full reveal when the clothing is made. Make sure there is gold threading?” Namjoon turned to the old couple, who bowed respectfully. Your jaw dropped slightly. 

“B-But wait! I-I am not a god. I can’t use gold.” You exclaimed. 

“True but we’ll allow it. And there’s no other colour worthy of translating Jungkook’s design onto cloth other than gold.” Yoongi noted and the rest nodded in agreement. You watched helplessly as the boys paid the couple and led you out of the shop. Besides the tailor made clothes, they brought you to boutiques to buy some casual wear. 

“Please, let me find some way to repay you.” You told them. 

“We already said that there’s no need. We’re doing this because we want to, not because we have to.” Taehyung smiled. 

“But it just doesn’t feel right taking and using all these things for free. You let me stay with you, eat you food and you buy me things, all for no cost at all.” You rubbed the back of your neck.

“(y/n)…” Hoseok took your hands into his. 

“Please? Just let me help out in some way. I can cook and clean or something.” You offered with a small smile. The boys cast each other looks before nodding their heads. 

Arriving back at the house, you placed all your new clothes in the room and grabbed a book off the stack that Namjoon had gifted you the night before. You exited your room with the book tucke

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter