Chapter 2

The Galaxy Above Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Closing your books, you rubbed your strained eyes from studying for so many hours. The house was quiet and dark, signalling that your father had retired for the night. You leaned back in your chair, looking out the window at the bright moon and the twinkling stars. 

“So pretty.” You whispered as you stood up and headed over to the window. Pushing it open, you shivered slightly from the cold, night wind. You stepped away from the window, sitting down on your bed. 

“Maybe I’ll take a short nap.” You yawned, falling back down. The bed bounced slightly from your impact. As your eyes closed, you didn’t notice the figure that floated by your window.

“Finally, I get to see you.” He greeted as he entered, closing the windows behind him. 

“You’re always tiring yourself out.“ He sighed as he slipped his arms underneath you, adjusting your position so your head was on your pillow and pulled the blankets over you. 

“Don’t go.” He heard you and turned to look down at your face. Your eyebrows were creased together and there was a look of sorrow on your face. 

“We’ll always be here.” He kissed your forehead as he sat down at the edge of the bed. With a wave of his hand, a soft guitar and piano melody sounded throughout the room and he began to sing. At the sound of his voice, you visibly began to relax and enjoy your sleep, aided by this sweet lullaby. He your head to soothe you. 

You sat up, looking down to see the grassy field beneath you. You stood up, hearing a faint melody. It was so soothing, the mix of the classical piano with guitar strums. In a distance, you heard a soft voice. 

“Hello? Is anybody there?” You asked but realised you were alone in a never ending field. 

“Hmm.” The voice hummed and continued to sing. 

“Wow.” Looking up, you saw a burst of colour in the sky. It was no ordinary night sky. The moon, the twinkling stars and the swirls of colour laid above your head.

“Where am I?” You were in awe. No matter where you were, you were sure that you didn’t want to leave any time soon. The milky way, the occasional shooting star was just too beautiful. You laid back down on the grass, just staring at the beautiful sky and getting lost in it. 

“We laugh together, we cry together
These simple feelings were everything I had
When will it be?
If I see you again
I will look into your eyes
And say, “I missed you” (Jungkook: Still With You)

The voice was faint and distant but you could still hear the words. Whoever was singing had such a comforting voice. With that in the background, a soft smile appeared on your face as you admired the sky. 

“I can see why hyung stayed the whole night with you.” He smiled softly. 

“I’ll see you soon, my melody.” He placed one last kiss on your forehead and headed to your window. With another wave of his hand, the music in your room slowly dimmed to nothing. 

Opening your window, he stepped out and softly closed it behind him. 

*Bark bark*

“Aish! Hyung!” The younger god jumped in surprise. The dog continued barking at him. 

“Shh! You’re going to wake her up! Stop!” He hissed. At that, the dog stopped barking and morphed into his human form. He grinned playfully while the younger rolled his eyes and crossed his arms.

“You’re no fun when you can tell it’s me.” He smirked, crossing his arms. The maknae rolled his eyes. 

“What are you doing here, anyway?” The younger asked. 

“I got bored and wanted to see our little earthling.” The god of nature simply shrugged. He opened the portal, slinging his arm over his younger brother playfully as they walked through together. Unlike their older brothers, they didn’t have chariots to bring them to the sky but they were fine with opening portals to get to where they want to. 

“You make her sound like she’s just some normal human when we know that she is not.” The younger glared. 

The next day, you headed to class with your friends. You weren’t listening to them, as usual. You were too busy thinking about the business dinner your father was expecting you to attend tonight. 

“(y/n), what about you?” Someone asked, breaking your train of thought. 

“Huh?” You blinked. 

“What are you plans for the weekend?” 

“Nothing much besides work.” It wasn’t a complete lie. You just left out the part about the dinner. You made the mistake of telling them once and they never stopped gushing about it like it was some big deal. 

Once, they even asked if they could come along with you and your father. You never liked going but for the image of your father, you it up. 

“We should go to the mall!” They giggled. 

“I’ll take a rain check. The work shifts are long this weekend so I’ll just rest and study at home.” You gave a small smile. They pouted and whined at your statement as if you not going with them was a big thing. You were never the main centre of attention when shopping anyway. They just wanted you there to tell them how good they look. 

“You’re no fun!” Someone slapped your arm. 

“Next time, promise.” You said. 

“Anyway! Yesterday, my parents went to this new restaurant at the new country club that opened.” Just like that, the conversation shifted on to something much more exciting and ‘brag-worthy’.

“Hey, I have to go. I’ll see you on Monday.” You checked your phone. Before they could say anything, you were already walking away. 

“I just picked up your dress.” Your father said as you approached the car. You nodded your head and slipped into the backseat as he sat in his driver’s seat. The drive was quiet, your father not liking to turn the radio on as it distracted him. You put your earphones in, playing some soft piano tunes. 

“Tonight, it is the chairman’s 50th birthday. So all the employees are bringing their families. Big event.” Your father said. 

“Okay.” You replied softly. 

“I have the gift ready. You will give it with me.” He informed and you hummed. There were certain ‘expectations’ of you when you go to these events or dinners with your father. You couldn’t stop thinking about your dream last night.

“Get ready by 7 pm. A car will be sent to pick us.” Your father told you as he parted ways with you. Holding your dress by the clothing hanger, you headed upstairs. 

“Not a colour I would pick.” You ped the cloth and stared at the flowy, white, elegant dress that you father picked for you. 

White was a colour that stood out and at these things, you definitely did not want to stand out in the crowd. Sighing, you zipped up the covering and went to take a long shower to get ready. You shaved everything and used a nice, scented bath bomb. When you came out, you dried your hair, curling it loosely at the end. 

“Now, the make up.” You groaned with dread. It took you quite a while to get ready, considering you were not one to usually doll yourself up with make up and everything. 

“Lastly.” Diggi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter