Chapter 7

The Galaxy Above Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When you woke up, the first instinct you had was to move. But an arm held you back. That was when last night’s events flooded back. You and Namjoon decided to read together and you probably fell asleep. 

“So many thoughts the moment you wake up?” Namjoon’s husky, deep voice broke you out of your flashback. You blushed and turned around to face him. He smiled down at you sleepily while you avoided eye contact. Reaching out, he pushed the hair away from your face. 

“Why so shy?” 

“Because you keep teasing me and making me flustered.” You grumbled. Namjoon chuckled at how adorable you were. 

“When?” He raised an eyebrow. 

“All the time.” You pulled the blanket over your head. Namjoon wrapped his arms around you, poking you gently to coax you out of your hiding spot. That was when you heard the door open. 

“Come on, (y/n). Look, Taehyung is here.” Namjoon cooed. Soon, you felt someone laying on top of you, hugging the blanket around you. 

“Good morning.” Taehyung rubbed his face against the material of the blanket. You slowly peeked your eyes over the blanket and saw Taehyung’s grinning face right in front of yours. Feeling him so close to you made your heart race. You bit your lip, running out from under the blanket and heading straight into your bathroom. 

“(y/n)?” You heard Taehyung knocking your door. 

“I need to brush my teeth!” You the sink, letting him hear the water to make it believable. After taking a quick shower and brushing your teeth, you came out to find Jimin sitting on your bed. 

“Hey, Chim.” You greeted. 

“(y/n)! We’re going on a picnic for lunch so get changed!” He beamed. You blinked, a little taken aback by his sunny enthusiasm but nodded your head.

“Uh, Chim?” You raised an eyebrow and he tilted his head at you. 

“I need to change, don’t I?” You tried to hint, nodding over to the door. It seemed to take a few seconds for him to finally understanding what you were trying to say. 

“R-Right! I-I’ll just see you…uhh… downstairs.” He blushed, laughing nervously before hopping off the bed and running out of the room. You opened the closet and decided to wear a skater dress but pulled your silk, cream cardigan over it. Then you brushed your hair and left the room. 

“Can I help with anything?” You entered the kitchen. 

“Aren’t you looking like an angel?” Jin twirled you around. You pursed your lips at the boys’ attitudes this morning. 

“Morning.” Jungkook bounced towards you, wrapping his arms around you to squeeze you tightly. You couldn’t reply, your words coming out in short stutters. Jungkook grinned at you. 

“Here.” Jin placed a cup of warm tea in front of you. 

“Let me help.” You removed your cardigan and helped make sandwiches with Taehyung and Namjoon while Jin and Yoongi cooked the hot food. Jungkook cut the fruit with Hoseok. Jimin took the completed foods and packed them into bags. Jungkook leaned over and you fed him a piece of cheese. You sliced the sandwiches and handed the container to Jimin. 

“I’ll clean up.” Taehyung shooed you away. You grabbed your cardigan and slipped it over your arms. 

“Let’s go.” Yoongi came over and grasped your hand. You nodded, beginning to walk out of the kitchen with him as the others each took an individual bag of food or drinks. 

“Where are we going?” You asked. 

“You’ll see.” Yoongi replied coolly. With a wave of his hand, his white chariot appeared and he helped you step on. Taehyung, Jungkook and Jin sat in Jimin’s chariot while Namjoon and Hoseok sat with you and Yoongi. The soft breeze felt nice. 

“You guys aren’t gonna take me to some secret place and kill me right?” You opened your eyes. 

“No but if they do try to kill you, I’ll save you!” Hoseok saluted and you laughed. Yoongi, who sat beside you, leaned back with a snort. 

“Why are we suddenly going on a picnic then?”

“Hoseok’s idea. He’s down for any small gathering or festivity.” Namjoon stated and the god of festivity sent you a peace sign. You turned to look at the scenery. The endless grassy field just made you feel at peace. 

“We’re here.” The chariot came to a stop. Yoongi held his hand out to you to help you down, to which you gladly accepted. The younger ones immediately started running in the grass with laughs while you helped the others lay out the picnic mat and the food. As you sat down, Jin took his cardigan off, draping it over your legs. 

“Thank you.” You smiled. Taehyung, Jimin and Jungkook came back and sat down. Taehyung pouted. 

“But I wanted to sit next to (y/n).” He whined. 

“Well, then you should have helped set up instead of playing around.” Yoongi scoffed, making Taehyung frown. Jin and Namjoon didn’t seem like they were going to move.

“It’s okay.” You smiled in an effort to comfort him as you handed out the cutlery. The boys made light conversation. 

“Can you guys tell me where we are now? Like this place is.” You laughed as you took a bite of your sandwich. Jin chuckled, reaching out to wipe a crumb off the corner of your lip, making you blush. 

“This is the centre of the sky.” Jungkook explained. You tilted your head in confusion. 

“As you look at the sky, with the sun on one side and the moon on the other, this is the centre of it all. The middle ground of it all.” Namjoon explained and you looked up at the sky. On your left, was the sun. On your right, was the moon. It was truly spectacular. 

“The sky here never fails to amaze me.” You said in awe. 

“There’s another thing. Another reason why we brought you here, specifically.” Hoseok spoke and you looked at him. 

“This is the spot where this sky was first created. The origin spot.” Yoongi said. Your eyes widened. So this was where it all began, where this beautiful sky was made and designed. 

“But the moon and the sun…” 

“They’ve always been there for centuries. But the rest never was. Everything else you see was added by design.” Jimin pointed to the stars and the swirls of colour. Your eyes followed where he pointed. You couldn’t even imagine what this sky would look like without everything else, just a dark sky with the moon and the sun.

“If it was always like that for centuries, why was this sky created then?” You asked. 

“It was made for one person.” Namjoon replied. You looked at him. 

“(y/n), this galaxy was created for you. By us. From the moment we met you, we knew how much you loved the sky and how much comfort it brought you. So we wanted to create the perfect sky for you.” Taehyung said. 

“We were waiting for the day that you would arrive on our plane. The day that we would be able to show you this.” Jimin smiled. 

“W-Why me?” 

“Because you’re more special than you think. We knew that no one else would be able to appreciate the sky’s beauty like you.” Yoongi stated and your eyes began to water. 

“And you came at the perfect time. Sure, we weren’t expecting it. But we knew that at that point in your life, you saw life with monochrome eyes. The only colour you had left was the sky. And now, this sky, this galaxy, was able to bring colour back into your life.” Hoseok said.  

“This galaxy above us will always be here, for you. Just like how we will always

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter