Chapter 6

The Galaxy Above Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After that night with Namjoon, he gladly allowed you to go into the archival library any time you wanted. He was rather happy that you enjoyed being there because that meant you had something in common with him. It gave you a private space to read and think.

The whole incident with the earth window, you didn’t want to think about it. But seeing how no one even cared to think about you, you decided to stay with the gods a little longer. 

“Butterfly, what are you doing?” You turned when you heard Taehyung behind you. 

“Watering the plants.” You replied softly, continuing to sprinkle water on the flowers. Taehyung let out a chuckle of adoration, stepping closer just to observe your actions but not to disturb you. 

“Sunshine!” The two of you looked up to see Jimin at the entrance of the garden, waving his hand and shouting for you. 

“What’s up?” You headed over. 

“I’m going for my duties. Can I get a goodbye hug?” He asked. You laughed at his request, gladly going forward to give him a goodbye hug, unaware that Taehyung was scowling at his best friend for ruining his moment with you. Jimin giggled as he hugged you against him, you felt the warmth of the sun radiating from his body. 

“If I’m going with Jimin too, don’t I get a hug?” Hoseok, who had run over, opened his arms. 

“You guys…” You hugged Hoseok and he patted your head. Both gods were wearing their signature colour robes. You watched as they both got ready to leave. Hoseok opening a portal while Jimin stood on his chariot. 

“We’ll see you later.” The two waved before leaving. 

“Yah! They never wait for me!” Jin panted as he came, only to realise that the two had left without him. 

“It’s okay, Jinnie.” You patted his shoulder. He rolled his eyes, scoffing at the younger gods’ behaviour. Instead of a hug though, he surprised you by pulling you close by the waist, kissing your temple. You blinked in surprise, your entire being frozen over. 

“Take care of yourself, angel.” He winked before he spread his wings and flew off. Taehyung crossed his arms with a scoff. 

“Let’s go.” He grumbled and pulled you along with him. Unbeknownst to the two of you, Jungkook had been at the other end of the garden, painting a picture of you.

“Beautiful.” He smiled softly to himself. Namjoon and Yoongi were standing in the balcony, watching as well. 

“She wanted a quiet place to relax and I gave her that. It’s not a big deal, hyung.” Namjoon said as he tucked the book under his arm. Yoongi crossed his arms with a deep sigh, looking down at how you and Taehyung were playing around in the garden. Yoongi and Jin were uncomfortable with you having access to the archives on your own. 

“It’s not just a place. It’s the archives, Joon.” Yoongi sighed. 

“On the small chance that she finds out… wouldn’t she know some day? We can’t hide everything from her forever. And wouldn’t you want her to know?” Namjoon asked. 

“But she already went through a lot. Dumping this on her now or her finding out on her own isn’t going to help.” Yoongi scowled. 

“She won’t know.” 

“She better not.” Yoongi frowned and threw the double doors open, walking into the house. 

“Jungkook!” Namjoon watched you head over. Jungkook jumped to his feet, abandoning his painting to play with you and Taehyung. Namjoon smiled softly, heading down to join all of you. You couldn’t stop in your tracks in time, leading to you crashing into his chest. 

“Oh, sorry, Namjoon.” You blushed. 

“It’s alright, love.” He smiled, patting your head. You had been meaning to ask you why Namjoon and some of the others call you pet names when you were not lovers but never knew how to ask them.

“Weren’t you watering the plants?” Namjoon raised an eyebrow. 

“I was. But then Tae started chasing me and Jungkook stole the water hose.” Your shoulders shook with laughter. 

“Better get changed before you catch a cold. Jungkook, we need to head into town.” Namjoon looked at the youngest. Jungkook saluted and all of you headed in to change out of your wet clothes. After your warm shower, you came out just in time to Namjoon and Jungkook went into town. You walked them to the door. 

“I’ve got watch duty. Yoongi hyung is asleep.” Taehyung told you with a pout. 

“I’ll be okay on my own. Maybe catch up on some reading. Do your job well, the plants and animals on earth need you.” You giggled as you walked off. You decided to go into the library. 

“Forgot my book.” It dawned on you that you had forgotten to even bring your book with you. But it was a library right? 

“Hmm…” You walked along one of the shelves but nothing particularly caught your eyes so you carried on. As you ventured through the shelves that were within your reach, you came across one particular shelf where the book names seemed a little different. 

“Kim Seyoo? Kim Seyook?” They were all names in alphabetical order. Looking at the shelves after, they were all books about people. 

“That’s what he meant by archives.” Your eyes widened as you realised that when Namjoon spoke about archives, these were archives about the people on earth. Their life stories. 

In glass bookcase, sitting on it’s own, you saw 7 books neatly lined up there. You headed over and saw that they belonged to the gods. 

‘Kim Seokjin, Min Yoongi, Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon, Park Jimin, Kim Taehyung, Jeon Jungkook’

All printed on the spine. 

“From what I know and have read, we were all humans once. But our memories of us as humans are foggy the moment we became gods.”

Namjoon told you that the first night you arrived here. So were these their life’s archives when they were all humans? But Yoongi and Jimin were never humans before and they had books here. With a hesitant hand, you opened the glass doors and reached in. Your hand stopped right before Jungkook’s book and you bit your lip. 

“It’s just a book.” You mumbled to yourself before grabbing it and pulled it out. Sitting on the ground, you crossed your legs and opened the book before you. Indeed, it was a book dating everything in Jungkook’s life. 

“He was an arts prodigy.” You read about him as a child. After that, you flipped to the back. 

It even worth about him as a god. Maybe that’s why Yoongi and Jimin had books as well. As you lazily flipped through, you browsed all his achievements as a human and a god. 

“W-What…” Your eyes widened as you came across a section. 

“No, no.” Lunging forward, you grabbed the 6 other books from the cabinet and flipped to the exact date on each other them, laying them all out. It all listed the same thing. You gasped, dropping Jin’s book from your hands. It landed on the ground with a loud thud. 

“(y/n)? We’re back!” You heard voices. But your reaction was too slow to keep all the books before the door opened and Hoseok walked in. 

“(y/n)…” Hoseok froze. 

“Hoseok, did you find her-” Jin came and saw the situation. You stood in the middle of a circle of books, tears welled up in your eyes. You couldn’t even look up at them

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter