Chapter 5

The Galaxy Above Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You were sitting next to Jungkook on the bench as he played the piano. The soft melody, along with his singing, surrounded the entire living room. Turning your head slightly, you admired all the ink on his arm. 

“Did these hurt?” You asked softly. Jungkook stopped, looking down at what you were referring to. 

“No.” He shook his head with a small smile. 

“Every picture on my arm depicts something significant in my life. To me, art is the best was to express feelings and show memories. The pictures all take me back to a time in my life that I felt was worth remembering.” He showed all the different pieces on his arm. 

“They’re beautiful.” You said. 

“I’m sure Namjoon hyung told you that our human memories are spotted. These are the few that I remember and want to remember.” He pointed out. 

Today marked your 1 week being here with the gods. Every day that you woke up, you were afraid of finding out that it was all a dream. But each time, one of them was there to see you when you woke. 

“(y/n). Your dresses have been delivered.” Jimin ran in. You stood up and followed him to the foyer, where the old couple from the tailor shop were. You bowed your head. 

“Good afternoon.” You smiled. 

“Nice to see you again, my lady.” They smiled back. There were big bags behind them. 

“This way.” She gestured and you brought her to your room. It felt weird to actually have someone dress you but at the same time, you didn’t want to risk ruining such fine clothing. Instead of making you try on all the different designs that she had made, she helped you dress into the cream and gold one that was your own. 

“Like this.” She was patient in explaining all the steps to you. The final touch was slipping the overcoat on your shoulders. Even she was careful in taking it out and presenting it to you. 

“Wow… It’s stunning…” You held the sleeve in your hand. 

“It’ll look even more beautiful on you.” She chuckled and you turned around. You held your arms out for her to slip it on and tie it in the front. 

“Have a look.” She nodded. You faced the mirror and your eyes widened. It was definitely no traditional hanbok but there were parts that reminded you of one. The intricate details were so beautiful. 

“Thank you.” You hugged the lady. 

“I’m sure the gods will be happy. They’re probably waiting.” She patted your shoulders. You nodded your head and stepped out with her. There was light chatter from the living room. Suddenly, you felt self conscious. This was Jungkook’s design, what if your looks couldn’t match it? 

“What’s wrong?” The lady gave you a look of concern when you stopped. You were sure her voice got the attention of the gods. 

“(y/n)? Everything okay?” You heard Hoseok’s voice. 

“I-I’m okay.” You stuttered. 

“Hey.” A voice made you lift your head. You saw Jimin standing there, with a soft smile on his face as he tilted his head slightly. The lady bowed respectfully, leaving you to have some privacy. 

“I’m sorry.” You said. 

“Why? You look absolutely breathtaking.” He smiled. You forced a small smile. Jimin held his hand out to you and you held on. There was a small warmth and glow. With a light tug, he brought you out to where the others were. They stopped talking when you came out. All eyes were on you, making you feel much more self conscious. 

“Wow.” Jin was the first to say something. 

“Sorry for our silence, we’re just speechless.” Namjoon chuckled. Jungkook stood up and headed to you, it was exactly like his drawings that he did. 

“I hope I do your designs justice.” You said sheepishly. 

“There’s no one else I would rather have wear my drawings than you.” Jungkook smiled, holding your hand in his. Your cheeks burned in embarrassment from all the compliments. 

“Thank you.” The gods turned to the old couple, who smiled sweetly. Of course, they saw the emotion in the gods’ eyes while you didn’t. 

“Young romance sure is lovely.” The man smiled at his wife as they stepped out of the house. The lady chuckled, holding her husband’s hand tightly in hers as she nodded her head. Hand in hand, the couple headed back to their house. You had changed back into your regular clothing. 

“Do you like it?” Yoongi asked. 

“I do. I’ve never had something so beautiful.” You said. 

“Well, you looked beautiful.” Hoseok smiled as he placed a cup of tea in front of you, on the table. You smiled and held the cup in your hands, sipping the warm liquid carefully. 

“I’m usually the one that tells people they’re beautiful. So compliments to me make me feel weird.” You rubbed the back of your neck. 

“You should deserve to feel beautiful too. We’ll shower you with more compliments then.” Hoseok teased and you laughed, holding your read cheeks. There were thundering footsteps approaching. 

“(y/n)! Are we making cookies today?!” Taehyung asked. 

“Right. Of course we can.” You nodded with a smile. Hoseok decided to join in the fun while Yoongi shook his head, going upstairs to his room. 

“Ooh! Ooh! Me too! I promise to help!” Jimin shouted as he ran into the kitchen with Jungkook behind him. You giggled and nodded as you all headed into the kitchen. Jungkook, Jimin, Hoseok and Taehyung obediently sat on the chairs, waiting for your instructions. You kind of knew where everything was so you grabbed the ingredient.s 

“What shall we make?” You asked. Of course, the boys requested the classic, chocolate chip cookies. Luckily those were easy to make and you knew a really great recipe.

“We’ll have to wait for the butter to soften a little before we can cream it with the sugar and eggs.” You told them as Taehyung sifted the dry ingredients.

“I’ve got it.” A small beam of light shot out from Jimin’s palm and the butter started to warm up.

“Right.” You laughed as you unwrapped the butter. Jungkook, stronger than all 3 of you, helped to cream the butter and sugar together while you cracked in the eggs one by one. Hoseok slowly added the dry ingredients in to the cream batter. You had to take the chocolate chips away from Taehyung before he finished eating them all.

“One more?” He held a finger up.

“Fine.” You placed one in his palm before adding the rest into the batter. The boys took it from there, all making their own trays of cookies.

You made cookies for the others, Jimin made average sized cookies, Taehyung tried making different animal shapes while Jungkook made big cookies. Hoseok tried to make all of his uniformly shaped. 

“Let’s put these in the oven.” You placed the trays into the pre heated ovens and set the timer. 

“Has earth changed a lot? Over the time that you all have been watching over it?” You asked the boys, all of you engaging in conversation, mostly for you to get to know them better, while waiting for the cookies to finish baking.

“Yeah.” Taehyung nodded.

“Definitely more technology and advances. There isn’t much traditional art as there was before.” Jungkook noted.

“Even the parties have changed. Celebrati

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter