Chapter 2: Readying

Comfortable
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

          “Do you guys know the name of the girl that wears a murky green jacket over a P.E. Uniform?” I asked my friends while hanging out at the computer shop near our school. “Oh! You mean Layna? Yeah, I know her.” Donald said while rapidly hitting the R button on his keyboard. I, hastily, switched my character on AFK riding a horse to a safe zone. “So, how’d you know her, Don?” “Well, she was part of our officer team last two years ago as our Public information officer.” He aggressively moved his mouse as his character dashed multiple skills to multiple orcs. “I see.” I turned my chair to face them, slouching over. Donald added, “Well… There is this guy hanging out with her, though.” “Boyfriend?” I interjected. “They don’t seem to be like one. I knew Layna. She is very aloof but nice person she wouldn’t seem to be the type to fall for a guy like him.” He added. “Why? Is something wrong with the guy?” I curiously asked, happy that Donald is a gossipy kind of person. “You getting an interest on a young lady, huh, Leo?” Harvey interjected, smiling sheepishly. I rolled my eyes and turned back to my game. I heard them chuckling behind me. ‘Not gonna lie, I am looking forward to seeing her again’, I thought myself.

          The next day, we were busy decorating the school building for the Halloween event. Harvey asked m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter