Chapter 9: Dream

Comfortable
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

          The next day during literature class, I saw Layna arrived early in our literature classroom. I greeted her and she greeted me back as if not remembering the moment I kissed her head. ‘Could it be that she didn’t mind?’ I thought to myself. I sat beside her and we talked while I was doing my homework for my next class.

          As I casually looked out of our doorway, I saw the guy passed by looking our way as we walked. I pocketed a smile of victory. I felt it was a task for me to keep the skimming man away from her.

          “Are you alright?” She worriedly asked.

          “Uh. Y-yeah, why’d ja ask?”

          “Your face is all red. Are you sure you are not sick?” She placed the back of her hand on my neck, feeling its temperature.

          I took it and placed them down the arm chair and said “Don’t worry, I am fine. Just happy, that’s all.”

          She smiled and looked down to her bag to grab her literature book. I had the enate feeling of glancing to the classroom doorway. And lo and behold, the mysterious man was casually observing us from a far. He noticed me looking and he hastily walked away.

          I felt my body getting hotter and hotter of excitement. I could only assume that the man was able to see me kiss Layna.

          I turned to her and ask, “what do you normally do tomorrow?”

          She looked at me blankly and replied, “I typically come in early as well. Hangout at the storage room to study for the next class. I have been struggling lately with my science subject. So, I try to study hard for it but can’t seem to really have an above passing grade.”

          “Would you mind if I come by and hangout with you as well? I don’t have classes early in the morning and I tend to make my homework on the same day as well.”

          She nodded and smile

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter