Chapter 8: Date?

Comfortable
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

          I went back to my apartment to freshen up. Wore my favorite baby cologne. I may have put too much, hoping for it to have a lasting impression on her.  I went back to school and waited for her on the bleachers close to her classroom.

          An hour had passed, the school bell rang. People started to come out from her classroom. She went out last. I stood up and greeted her. She smiled and we started walking to the nearest pay phone. It seems her mother gave the approval as she looked at me with a someone glistening eyes. She bid her mom good bye and hung up the phone. We started heading to the ramen shop.

          When we arrived, we sat into a vacant table. While sitting right across each other, a waitress approached and took our order.

          “This place looks luxurious.” She commented as she sat nervously across the table.

          “Sorta. However, they have very delicious ramen here.” 

          We talked about our hobbies and interest about video games. She showed me her Nintendo DS which can play games, videos and even music. She taught me how to use it. She made me play Deep Labyrinth. A game about a young boy who was looking for his parents, trying to save their family; fighting magical creatures and saves the game with the help of a humongous talking platypus.

          “Where are your friends now?” I asked.

          “They are busy. Since next year, we will be graduating soon.”

          “Oh. Wait? So, if you are going to graduate next year. We are on the same year!”

          “Really?” Then, the waitress came to our table and gave our food.

          “Smells good. Looks beautiful!” She exclaimed.

          “Hope you like it, Layna.” She gave a wide smile. I am not sure if she could see me blush.

          We started eating. She was slurping and smiling widely at the same time. She often times look at me with her wide smile while nodding. I chuckled every time she does it.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter