Chapter 7

options

DING DONG

 

The doorbell rang. Chaerin smiled at me as she pulled me to the door.

 

“ANNYEONGHASAEYO!” we both said simultaneously with smiles on our faces. But our smiles faded and turned into frowns as we saw our visitor.

 

Chaerin’s POV

“Lee Gi Kwang. What do you want?”  I said.

“Chaerin ah, why are you here? Why… Why are you guys holding hands again?! Chaerin ah, I went to your old house looking for you. But your neighbour said you moved in with your new boyfriend. YONG JUNHYUNG! ARE YOU THAT NEW BOYFRIEND?! HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME?!”

“WHAT ARE YOU SAYING?! YOU WERE THE ONE WHO DUMPED ME.” I screamed in his face.

“WHAT?! I NEVER DUMPED YOU! CAN YOU LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY?!”

 

After what seemed like an eternity, he was finally seated on our couch. It was only then did I realise Junhyung hadn’t said a word since gikwang entered.

 

His face, once filled with hope and excitement, has now faded into a lethargic one filled with helplessness. It hurt me so much to see him like this.  I held his hands with mine and gave him a smile. He returned my smile, but his eyes were lifeless.

 

“Babe… listen.” Gikwang said.

“IM NOT YOUR BABE. WHAT THE HELL DO YOU WANT WITH ME?”

“I… I really don’t know why you all are saying that I’m the bad guy. i… I went to America with my parents…we… we stayed there for a year. Because, because my mum had… had a tumour near her brain. And only the doctors in America could save her. I wrote you letters and everything! My dad said he posted the letters to you. But you never replied. I couldn’t email or message you even! They cut off all my contact with anyone. They only allowed me to write letters. But you didn’t reply me. And now I know why. Mum left me and you’re going to leave me too. ”

Gikwang started to cry.

So… So all this time I’ve been misunderstanding him? It… it can’t be.

I took out my phone and showed him the message. “THEN WHAT IS THIS?!”

As he read it, his face turned from confusion to shock, it seemed as if he really didn’t know what this was. Then after a minute of silence, he looked at me and said, “It must have been mum. You know how she never approved of our relationship! She must have planned this!”

So… he… is the good guy?