chapter 5

options

Junhyung’s POV

I lay on the bed, eyes not closed. I watched as the fan turned round and round. How I wished it would just fall from the ceiling and boom. End of all the worries. Chaerin was the reason I still lived. She used to be one of the reasons, until my family died in that horrible accident. Then, she became the only reason. I remember the first time I saw her. She was just a spoilt little baby, I remember thinking that she would never get a boyfriend. As if it were a perfect drama, many things happened, and I fell in love with her, with her every word, every smile. But there’s where the perfect-ness ended. She liked him, not me.

FLASHBACK

“chaerin-ah!”

“Yes punk?” she smiled.

“Ice cream?”

“YES! LET’S GO!” she was holding my hand.

My heart was pounding. I turned away to not let her see my red hot cheeks.

“Ch… Chaerin… ah, i… I have something to ask you. Will… will you be my girl…”

“CHAGIA!” gikwang interrupted me as he ran over and hugged chaerin.

“YAH! PUT ME DOWN!” her face was all red.

“Junhyung-oppa, I forgot to tell you, gikwang and I are a couple now!” she flashed her pearly white teeth as she fed gikwang some ice cream. What were you asking?”

“Oh… uhhh, I was asking if you wanted to be my brother! Just like gikwang!” what a lame excuse.

“SURE! HAHA! YO WASSUP PUNK!” she imitated in a real low voice, causing all of us to laugh out loud.

but I guess gikwang saw through my lame excuse and came over to my house that night.

“Hyung, are you sure you’re really okay with this?”

“yes, gikwang, its okay. As long as you don’t hurt her, I’ll never steal her. But once you make a mistake, then it’s over.”

From then on, I just watched as they cuddled each other, smiling as if it was okay, when I so badly wanted to be the one she was hugging.

And finally I thought my story could change for the better. God played such a big joke on me. he took me all the way up to the highest point, then dropped me like a bomb.

junhyung scratched his right shoulder.

Ahh, this shoulder. The countless of times chaerin lied on this. I remember the first time she did, my heart couldn’t start pounding. I remember she ran all the way over to my house after having a huge fight with her father. She had bought so much beer and forced me to drink it all up with her. I was a good drinker unlike chaerin though. I remember she puked all over me, and when I had came back with fresh new clothes, she started crying and leaned on my right shoulder. I remember she said, “oppa, thanks for being so nice. I love you. Will you take me as your girlfriend?” I said yes. And that made me so happy. I remember after that she just fell into deep slumber. I carried her into my bed and tucked her in and left her in the room while I slept on the couch. The next day, she woke up, and she crushed me once again, saying, “ oppa, thanks for taking care of me! Did I do anything stupid? I don’t remember anything!”

“Nothing at all? Not at all?”

“Nope!” she shook her head as she pouted.

“Oh, don’t worry. You didn’t say or do anything stupid. You didn’t promise me anything either.”

“Good! Bye oppa!”

 

Chaerin’s POV

There was no way he was sleeping. After all we went through, we finally got together, why did gikwang have to come back? I… I’ll choose junhyung, right? I’ll definitely choose him, won’t I? 

I want to wake up, wake up and realise this is all just a nightmare. Please. I don’t want to hurt junhyung.