Epilogue - Demons

Waste It On Me

aghhhhhhafhhsfjha ldkli  it got longer than expected. i will make one more chapter. then the whole story will be over.

---

Wendy's mind still reeled from the kiss when they finally parted, her cheeks flushed, heart pounding.

Sojin pressed another lingering kiss to her lips and gently combed her hair with her fingers. "You don't have to tell me anything yet," she murmured. "Whenever you're ready."

"I want to be with you, but I feel like I'm betraying her."

"Seungwan. Whatever you choose to do, I will be here waiting for you."

I'm just like Irene. Making someone wait for me because I can't figure me out...

Sojin broke her from her thoughts when she held Wendy's hand and leaned into her shoulder. "Just being by your side is enough for me."

--

Another week passed without seeing Sojin, and Wendy kenw that she had to make a choice now. 

She could be happy with Sojin, who liked her and actually wanted to be with her.

Or she could mope forever over the death of her relatinoship with Irene and everone else that left her.

 

Wendy knew that Sojin got off work at the same time most days, and always came out through the front. So she decided that she would go and wait for her in person. 

But she didn't plan what she was going to say until she got there, and she only had few minutes to do that.

, feelings ! she thought because she felt corny and disgustingly cringeworhty when thinking of anything to convey that she liked Sojin too. 

Before she knew it, she was in the hotseat and panicking.

Sojin stood there looking beautiful as ever in her work attire. Wendy's one thought was she was too lucky to be earning the attention of a woman way out of her league, who had already gone through the motions of life with her own broken relationship.

"I didn't expect to see you here," Sojin commented when the space between them diminished. 

"I had to come see you."

"Oh? Why?" the older tiilted her head curiously. 

"B-because I..." It was hard talking about her feelings with someone who did let her speak freely about it. Irene always turned it down, making her a fool for believing in such utter bull. "Sojin, I miss you when you're not around and I reallly like you a lot."

"Well, I'm here now, dummy."

Wendy felt her cheeks heat up with embarrassment because she knew she sounded like a dumb teen in some romance show. She didn't know how else to express to Sojin thatshe wanted to be with her and not Irene now.

Even she still wasn't sure, but she knew that Irene would not return. Guilt for not waiting still ate her, but Wendy tried to ignore it because she didn't want to let go of Sojin either.

Moreover, she didn't want to treat someone else the way Irene treated her before the late regret.

Sojin kissed her forehead and pulled her into a tight hug not even caring they were in public. "I know what you mean, love," she murmured.

"So...can we be together?" Wendy asked.

"I would be happy to, Seungwan."

 

The moment they returned to Wendy's home, they were inseparable with Sojin on top of her and taking the lead in showering her in affection. It wasn't even ual, and when they finally pulled away for air, Sojin continued to press soft kisses to her cheek and neck before laying down beside her.

"So...what have you been up to for the last week?" Sojin asked.

"Thinking..."

"About?"

Wendy turned to look at her. "You."

Sojin smiled and gently brushed her finger's against Wendy's cheek. "I think about you a lot too. Maybe too much."

The younger was practically melting at her finger tips. "Is this what it's supposed to feel like?"

"Hm?"

"Love?"

Sojin's cheeks became a slight tinted pink. "It can be." 

--

Wendy learned that Sojin was a very romantic person and also extremely devoted to her. It felt a bit foreign since she was used to being strung along, but she learned how to accept it without any doubts.

Sojin was also pretty old fashioned and patient. She never tried to rush anything, and of all the tiems they made out and cuddled in the bed, Sojin made sure it didn't get too lustful. 

Wendy realized that she was really taking this relationship seriously. They had been going a few motnhs strong already, much to Joy's delight.

"THis is your first real relationship, girl, i'm so happy!!!" Joy gushed when Wendy told her the news way after they became official.

Whiel Sojin appeared to be the workaholic-type, Wendy learned that she liked art. They had gone to a couple art museums and exhibitions, which Wendy hadn't gone to before so she had fun watching Sojin enjoy whatever was being shown. Also she was pretty impressed with how something on a flat canvas could look so real.

They really did do things together, and there wasn't much secrecy and surprises like when Irene sprung the wedding out of her pocket at Wendy. But as their relationship deepened, so did thoughts of the future.

They were already in the thick of autumn when Sojin brought up the prospect of living in the city together. Wendy was absently playing a tune on her guitar while Sojin rested against her shoulder on the couch. The older woman had a draining week from work, dealing with new hires and paperwork among other things. 

She might retire soon, Wendy mused to herself and never said it to Sojin because she would get an earful about calling her old.

"What do you think about moving back to teh city? Together?" Sojin asked when Wendy was trying to think up a new melody.

"The city?"

"Mhm."

Wendy paused. She'd only moved out here because she didn't want to remember all the palces she'd seen and been to with Irene. At the time, any memory was too painful, and she insitnctively made the decision to move away from the pain. 

But it was true. This place was far off the radar from Sojin's work and wherever Wendy needed to be if she was called to be in person.

"You did move out here to run away didn't you?" Sojin said when she gave no immediate answer.

Of course she would know. Wendy did tell her everything she went through with Irene and how it all played out in the end. "Yeah."

Sojin stopped Wendy's hand from strumming the guitar strings. "Does it still hurt?"

"Not really. I don't think I've been happier before now."

"I'm glad." The older woman her knuckles with a thumb. "You make me so happy too."

Wendy stared at their joined hands and she shut her eyes when Sojin pressed a lingering kiss to her cheek. 

 

"Sooo, how are things going?" Joy sidled up to her at the ramen place they agreed to meet it.

"We're looking for a place in the city," Wendy replied. 

Joy looked shocked her jaw falling to he floor literally. "That soon? You're not even one year yet."

"My home is kind of far from palces I would need to be."

Her friend shook her head but seemed pleased. "That woman has done wonders to you. Last time you were like allergic to anything that had to do with Irene."

"I think I can finally live again."

"I'm glad." Joy hugged her friend. "Now buy me something."

"I knew it was a hoax." Wendy gurmbled but still dished out the money to pay for her friend's meal. "I suppose I have you to thank for even meeting Sojin."

"I know right? I'm your best man! HAHAHAHA!"

 

Before they knew it, winter had made its return and so did that christmas work party where she first met Sojin. Of course she went again as a plus one, but this time it was more fancy. They went to a restaurant to celebrate the merging of companies and Sojin was invited to sit at a very important table. Wendy felt awfully self conscious with how everyone was so serious and smart in ways she wasn't. She'd been to some dinners when celebrating artists, but never to something business-like.

Luckily, she didn't have to do much talking. The only thibng she wondered about was how Sojin was going to introduce them. It was common knowledge that gay and anything queer+ was not widely accepted here. They were treading dangerous waters if anyone were to find out about this and could cost Sojin her job. 

Wendy nearly had a heart attack when Sojin's hand found hers under the table cloth, and she did her best not to show anything was off about them. Sojin was either drunk, bold, or neither. 

The party ended late and Wendy actally felt tired for once. She was so used to the peacefulness of her hiatus she forgot what it was like to be in a crowded table.

Wendy was waiting for Sojin, who had gone to the restroom before leaving. She spotted her partner coming back, but talking to one of the attendees, a handsome man who had been sitting at their table. He was apparently from the other company.

Normally, if it were Irene Wendy would be sitting on her edge, skin hairs prickling with dissatisfaction. 

"Would you like to grab dinner sometime?" the man asked. "I would realy like to get to know you more."

"No thank you. I am already in a relationship," Sojin replied calmly. 

"I see. I hope to see you around sometime."

"I will not be seeing you outside of work, Mr. Choi. Work will remain a professional setting between you and I, and I have no interest in taking this any further. Good night."

Damn, Sojin is really good at this, Wendy felt the bite of those words even though it asn't even directed at her.

"I saw what happened," Wendy told her once they were in the car.

"Oh, you did?" Sojin replied indifferently. "I dislike it a lot, especially at work." 

"wait...what about when you asked mo to coffee?"

Sojin scoffed. "That's different. You weren't an employee."

Wendy grinned. "You were still at work technically." She gently brushed back a stray lock of hair behind her girlfriend's ear.

Sojin gave her a disapproving look. "Are we going home or not?"

"Yes, yes we are." Wendy regretted trying to lighten up the mood and started the car. "Sorry."

About a few minutes later into the drive Sojin slipped her hand round the crook of Wendy's elbow and kissed her at the red light. "Sorry, love. I know how to handle myself so don't worry about anything."

"I trust you."

 

They spent Christmas together with Joy, who dropped by with some champagne. It was so cold and it felt nice being able to cuddle under a blanket with Sojin this time. 

"Merry Christmas, Wendy," the older woman murmured in her ear that night as they were laying in bed. It was quiet this night that Wendy could hear her heart thumping in her chest when the latter captured her lips in the darkness. "I love you," Sojin's voice was barely above a whisper.

 

Winter felt long this year, and Wendy grimaced as the ice cold wind sliced her face while she was scraping away the ice on her and Sojin's cars in the driveway. She'd gotten up early to clear the driveway from last night's snow, but it seemdd that there was threat of a storm coming in soon. 

Conveniently, Sojin had gotten sick because it was so cold last night so she didn't even have to go to work anyway.

The drive from here to the city really is long, Wendy mused as she stared over teh ice ridden streets. 

She worried about Sojin being on teh road for so long, ese[cially with these driving conditions. She decided she would need to look for a new place quickly.

When she went back inside, she felt relieved to feel the warmth of her house and her doggies as they crowded around her happily. Wendy returned to the bedroom to find her cat snuggling with Sojin, still asleep and looking as beautiful in her waking hours.

I love you, she felt warm tingles recalling those three words from Sojin's lips.

She had never been loved like this before. Not even by family.

Not even by Irene.

This is how it's supposed to be.

--

1.5 years later..

Wendy and Sojin found a suitable home in the city with reasonable distance to work, and it took a bout a month for everything to get situated. The country home was now vacant, but Wendy did not intend to sell it away. She'd grown attached to that place and decided to keep it as a getaway from the hustle and bustle that she needed to get used to now. 

But it was all worth it for Sojin. THe past was getting further and further behind with each day, and Wendy would have it no other way.

She liked coming back home to Sojin, and she liked waking up the mornings with the older woman coddling her. 

Sometimes, her lover would leave earlier than her and leave little notes for her, which Wendy would have thought was cheesy in the past.

While their relationship was still strong and certainly almost perfect, they sometiems did not see eye to eye and had fights every now and then. These were usually quickly resolved and did nothing to strain their bond. Fights generally happened if someone was super tired, which was usually Sojin, but she always apologized first if it was her that instigated the argument.

Either way ,Wendy hated fights.

 

On this particular day, Wendy was working in her home studio on a song commissioned by herself for an up and coming drama. She was busy trying to fix the vocal track and tweak the instrumentals to match the ambience of the song that she didn't notice Sojin sneaking up behind her.

As far as she knew, Sojin was still at work or on the road.

She cursed when Sojin's hands landed on her shoulders. 

"That's not appropriate in front of a lady, y'know," Sojin pulled that line from teh day she asked Wendy to coffee.

"You scared the crap out of me."

Sojin chuckled and leaned in to kiss her, which wendy turned to meet eagerly. "Did you even eat? How long have you been in here?"

"Not long. It's almost done."

"I'm gonna wash up. Have you checked the mail by the way?"

"Oh not yet. Did you?"

"Nope. Can you get it?" Sojin asked as she was heading out of the door.

Wendy nodded and stretched, cracking some knots in her back before heading out to the mailbox to retrieve the contents. 

Is this what married life would feel like? They'd been living together for more than a few months now.

It didn't seem bad at all. She wondered what the was up with people getting tired of each other all of a sudden. Wendy could only hope that didn't happen. She didn't think her heart could take another break up - even if the one before was never even a real relationship. That era with Irene really did a number to her.

Wendy stopped sifting through the mail. I shouldn't think about these things when we're far from it.

 

Today Wendy and Sojin were on a leisurely walk around the shopping area, which were all so familair to her from the past. Things had changed since then. Shops that were once there became something else, or were more glammed up and looking modern. 

She still saw the bar she used to frequent with Irene, but she didn't want a drink and didn't even want to go inside.

Sojin wasn't much of a drinker, which really helped with their compatibility because Wendy wasn't into alcohol and social drinking anymore.

Irene could drink a lot and Wendy used to have to save her if she got too drunk in public. 

She shook her head, trying to enjoy the present and not mull over the past. It wasn't even that she was still in love with Irene, it was just memories getting uprooted when she saw something familiar. 

Joy would probably enjoy this more, she mused because that always liked to . The boba place was still here too.

Things felt different now that she had matured. She showed Sojin the place she interned at, which had been bought out by a bigger recording label now.

Wendy still had her old identification card in her wallet, and showed it to Sojin. 

"Do you think it works?' Wendy asked when she spotted the scanner.

"No. Don't get us arrested." Sojin dragged her away from the place. "The last thing I want is to grow old with you in jail."

Later, they went to a new ramen place beucase the old one that she and Joy used to frequent didn't exist anymore. It was also one of teh place where Irene used to buy lunches for her, when bribing her to accompany her on a date.

"Brings back memories, does it?" Sojin said when they were waiting for their food.

"Yes."

"You were a little bit absent today," she continued. "Do you feel uncomfortable living here again?"

Wendy shook her head. "It's different because I"m with you now."

Sojin gave her a small smile. "I'm glad."

They eventually were served their meals, and neither said a word as they ate. This felt just right, with Sojin sitting across from her and gracefully eating her noodles.

How can she be beautiful doing everything?

 

Wendy thought that this was going to be a perfectly peaceful night after their meal. there was some street live in the park, so there was live music to enjoy whiel strolling around tonight. 

It was a bit chilly as it was autumn again. She was wearing a long sleeve so she figured giving Sojin her coat woudln't be a problem.

"i'm fine, love," Sojin told her when she offered her coat. "You'll get sick."

"ok...let me know." 

"I will. Don't worry."

--

--

It was extreme luck that Irene ran into Joy at the supermarket. She knew that Joy was Wendy's closest freind and assumed that they must at least still be in contact at this point. The girl had grown up much, and looked nothing like the immature intern friend Wendy had back then.

However, she didn't seem to be too thrilled seeing Irene.

irene had been brooding over everything that happened, thinking about Seungwan, going over past memories on paper and pictures.

She was so late to realized her true feelings for her 'friend'. Wendy made herself available to Irene because seh cared and loved her before Irene evne knew.

She needed to know how Wendy was doing.

"She's in a relationship," Joy replied.

"O-oh..." she definitely wasn't expecting that answer at all. Wendy had been so adamant before about waiting for her, even that letter she'd recieved. Wendy was supposedly waiting. "How long?"

"maybe almost 3 years by now," Joy answered curtly. "Is that all you asked me to come here for? Wendy?"

"I..."

"Listen here, Irene, I don't appreciate you treating my friend this way. Why did you even - were you hoping she'd still be waiting after all this time? It's been more than a decade."

Irene narrowed her eyes. This felt like an attack now which was understandable considering what went down. "It's normal I would want to check on an old friend."

Joy snorted and shook her head as if to keep composure for the sake of not causing an outburst. "What do you want from me?"

"I want to see her one last time. For closure."

 

"You met her?!" Wendy spluttered when Joy relayed the information to her a few days later. "What the...what did she even say? What did yo utell her?"

"I gave her food for thought," Joy replied. "I cna't believe the nerve of that woman. She chooses now of all time to wnat to talk with you. This should have been dealt with long ago."

Wendy froze. She wants to see me? "She wants to speak to me?" 

"Yeah. I mean, you don't have to, but she has arranged already where she wants to meet you if you do."

Wendy gulped. She was already deep in a relationship with Sojin, and she figured this might cause some rupture to it if she went. After all, Sojin kenw taht Irene was a big part of her life in the past. Wendy loved Irene so much to do all thethings she did. She'd had a ahrd time moving on which was why it took so long.

honestly, Wendy was more curious abouot what Irene had to say for herself to reappear at a time like this. But she worried that Sojin might feel not so good about this.

Or...what if I fall in love with Irene again?

Sojin will be heartbroken.

Still, if this was for the sake of the closure they never had, then this was probalby their only shot.

"I guess I better tell Sojin just so she knows."

 

As expected, Sojin wasn't too happy but did agree that it was better for teh sake of closure. "Do you want to come with me?" Wendy asked.

"This is between you and Irene."

Wendy studied her face, and for the first time she felt very far away from Sojin, and she didn't know what to say. She leaned against Sojin's shoulder, hoping that the latter would understand that she was still more important than anything else.

"I love you," Wendy told her earnestly.

"I know." 

--

Sojin left first on the morning of the fated day. She didn't even leave a note this time, and Wendy felt a sinking feeling in her chest. Her partner had been distant since Wendy told her the news about Irene wanting to meet.

The night before, Wendy turned into bed late so Sojin was already asleep by then. She quietly climbed into the sheets and listened to the steady sound of Sojin's breath. They were here so clsoe together, but she missed her. 

Wendy recalled their best moments and even their first meet. Things were different then before Irene decided to come back and shake their world.

Should I not have agreed to meet?

What is there to even say?

STUPID! she wanted to beat herself up if possible. how could I fall into this trap? Why would I need tosee Irene when everything was already said and done then? There is not closure left!

Wanting to be comforted, she leaned agianst Sojin's shoulder and pressed her face into the warmth of her neck. When she woke up the next morning, she was alone and the only thing left of Sojin was the smell of her perfume.

 

Wendy wasn't even ready preparing what to say when she walked towards the park bench where a familiar figure was seated. She stood there to the side and tok in Irene's appearance, still the same but older and lacking the spark she once had.

The Irene she once knew really was gone.

"Hey...Wendy," Irene said first.

They sat together awkwardly. It was the first time Wendy felt uncomfortable around Irene. Perhaps time had set them apart even more.

"How's life with...with Sojin?" Irene said cautiously.

Wendy was taken aback by the question but she figured Joy must have told her. "Oh...it's great. Nice to...have someone to come home to."

"That's good. I'm...I'm glad." Irene's fingers tapped absently on her cup. "I knew you could be happier."

"Are you?" Wendy siad a little too forcefully. "Are you really happy for me?" The same question Wendy had asked Irene at her own wedding.

Irene looked distressed. "What do you want me to say? That I'm not?!" her tone rose. "If I say I'm not there's nothing that can be done. You're already in a relationsihp with someone else!"

Wendy really regretted everything now. Feelings were coming and going in waves, but she knew something wasn't the same anymore.

I...I...I love someone else.

"I miss you, Wendy. I love you. I still love you! I told you to leave but I couldn't move on and you did!" Irene burst out. "If you had waited a little longer - "

Wendy was horrified. Her heart was pounding in her chest and her head. "I-Irene...please don't...don't say that."

"I would have come back to you in time and stop this!"

No words could come out of Wendy's mouth. She didn't know what to say or what to do. This is not what she expected. Irene was supposed to be cold and distant, just liek the one that told her to go away. Not this emotional pouring feelings woman sitting across from her, trying to repair something that was already gone.

You told me not to wait.

"nothing would have changed," Wendy dared to say.

"..."

"I wish it could have been different, but it's not. I can't keep wondering if you're really going to follow through. You left me at the bar for Junmyeon when it was supposed to be me and you. You got mad at me because I stopped him from..." Wendy was getting too emotional. "Did you even appreciate my efforts?"

"I did."

"Then why couldn't you just - "

"You know what already..."

"Irene...I'm sorry. It's as you said...I don't think we can keep being in each other's lives like this," Wendy said despite it hurting so much. She saw the pain in Irene's expression. "I already...l love someone else..."

"I know..."

"I loved you so much."

"I know." Irene suddenly seemed to regain her composure. "I just wanted to see you off before we part ways."

Hearing it from Irene again, it made Wendy's heart break once more.

"It's time to say goodbye. For real this time," Irene finished. "And I will dispappear from your life for good."

 

Wendy felt deranged and emotionless after their final goodbye. The tears just kept falling as she remembered each word, the movement of Irene's lips. I will disappear from your life for good.

"Please live for yourself too," Wndy had told her. "Don't dwell on this anymore. It wasn't your fault, and you can be yourself without them."

"I'll figure it out myself, Wendy," Irene's tone was cold. "As long as you live happily,  then I will be content knowing that this meet was not in vain."

Wendy managed to drag herself out of her car and into the house where Sojin was fixing a meal for them. 

"I'm sorry...I"m sorry," she sobbed when Sojin stopepd her from tripping over her own feet. "I thought I had moved on, but it still hurts." 

--

"Seungwan, I think we need time away from each other," Sojin told her later the next day.

"W-waht? Why are you saying this?" Wendy's heart hammered in her chest with foreboding.

"I did this...if I hadn't convinced you to give up on her memory, you could have gone with the one you truly love." Sojin looked tired and defeated. "I don't want to hold you back from your happiness."

"Sojin, you're the one I love."

"Am I? Or did you just believe in me too much?"

"...are we breaking up?"

Sojin stared at her without a single word of confirmation. "Do you believe in second chances?"

Wendy was horrified beyond words because she couldn't imagine life without Sojin. "Why are you trying to make me agree iwth this?"

"What if it's what I want?" Sojin finally snapped. "Do you know how hard it was to listen and wait for you? Do you know how hard it was to hear you say that you loved Irene more when I told you my feelings? DO you know how hard it is to live with the fact that I am second best? When I saw you cry yesterday, the only thing i could think was that Irene is still somewhere lurking in your heart."

"You're not - she's not - "

"Irene is still waiting for you, waiting beyond your wildest dreams," Sojin said bitterly. "Don't regret your choice."

Wendy felt like she didn't recognize her anymore. Did Sojin hide all this from me all this time? Was it all not real? 

"If it's what you want, then...then let's break up," she said quietly, trying not to let tears fall because this was more painful than when Irene said goodbye.

 

"She left."

"Who?"

"Sojin."

Joy was taken aback and she spluttered for words. "But why?"

"I don't know, Joy, but I ed up. Moving back here was a bad idea, and so was meeting Irene."

--

Now Wendy felt stranded sitting alone in this house she and Sojin used to share. Sojin took most of her things with her, and Wendy had no idea where she went. She tried to call her, but there was no answer.

Am I destined to be alone? 

How could this happen? Wendy buried her face in her hands and muffled her sobs, feeling evne more resetnment to herself. Irene was right about one thing. Love really and hurts.

Wendy gave her heart away twice only to get it shattered.

"I'll keep my eye out for her at work," Joy said in an effort to console her friend. "I'll give her a piece of my mind too."

"Don't get fired."

"It'll be worth it."

 

It turned out Sojin wasn't even at work when Joy tried to get some intel for her. She apparently called out for a week, which made Wendy even more worried and depressed.

Maybe I have the flawed outlook on love. I'm the fool.

Wendy decided that she better get out of the city again and go back to the countryside where she knew she would be safe and surrounded by nothing but peacefulness.

Some of Sojin's things were still here so she let it be and did not put the house for sale.

She'd had a lot of happy memories with Sojin, just like with Irene. 

 

It was already nighttime by the time she got her mind in the right place and had everything packed for the trip back. But Wendy decided to chekc the mail one more time just in case there was some important letters before she would disappear in the middle of nowhere again.

A smaller envelope fell out and Wendy became anxious as she saw who the sender was and tore it open.

My love, I'm sorry I left you with bitter words. 

I love you so much, and I want nothing more than to be by your side until we ultimately must pass. 

You are so selfless and caring, which is hard to find in a lot of people these days. I'm so blessed to have been by your side for as long as we did. I had even dreamed of marrying you someday.

I just want you to be sure that you can make a choice for you, and not based on anyone else's happiness. 

Thank you for listening to me and giving me a chance to be with you. I only worry that I was the one that convinced you to do this, and I can't live with myself if you made a decision because of my feelings.

Don't have anymore regrets. Think about yourself and what you want; not me, not Irene.

With all my heart,
Lee Sojin

 

Wendy didn't hesitate to call her immediately and this time Sojin did pick up the phone. "Seungwan."

"S-Sojin, where are you?"

"I'm doing the laundry."

"At this hour? Where are you?"

"Did you make up your mind?' Sojin said instead.

"Yes, I already did when I asked you if we could be together," Wendy replied. 

"...I'm glad."

"Sojin, I really miss you," she kenw how pitiful she sounded but it was the truth. "I really..." she was gasping for air as if drowning under all this stress.

"Come find me. And then you can tell me." 

 

Sojin went to an obscure part of town with small streets and cramped spaces. IT looked a little sketchy here especially at this hour and Wendy coudln't find a place to park. SO she opted to parking in the plaza and running back trying to follow her phone GPS for the laundromat Sojin was supposedly at.

Finally, she made it breathless and tired because she was out of shape and distressed. How could Sojin do this to her?!

How could Sojin do this to herself?!!!! 

Wendy spotted her through the window, sitting on an old wooden bench back to teh window, leaning on the counter with her chin propped in her hand. No one else was here, and it made Wendy's skin crawl with unease.

Finally, seh stepped in and cautiously strode towards Sojin, who was apparently asleep while the one machine in use was still humming.

"Sojin?"

The latter didn't respond and Wendy gently placed a hand on her shoulder. "Sojin, I-I'm here."

"Oh...hey..." the older woman looked tired and a bit confused. "Seungwan."

"I'm sorry I couldn't get here faster. There wans't anywhere to park legally so I had to park at the plaza and run back here."

Sojin stared at her while she rambled on and on.

"I'm sorry for meeting with IRene. I thought it was the right thing to do, but clearly it was dumb. It just made me remember things more and how it hurt, and I coudln't handle my emotions well in the aftermath. I thought I had moved on, but I guess some things aren't easy to unremember..."

Sojin stood up and held her wrist firmly. "Forgive me, Seungwan. It was my own insecurities that caused this mess."

"I almost believed Irene and what she said about love," Wendy's voice croaked because she gave in to the tears in her heart. "You both just took my heart and crushed it to pieces - the fool that I am."

The latter embraced her tightly as Wendy cried into her shoulder. She hadn't cried like this for long tiem, not since her parents' disownment and deaths, not since Irene broke her heart...

"I'm sorry for hurting you, my love," Sojin's tears fell onto Wendy's neck. "I was jealous of your undying loyalty to Irene when you first told me about her, and when she reappeared in your life, I was afraid that you would leave me for her. I should never have doubted you."

---

SORRY TO BE CONTINUED. I WILL CONCLUDE THE WHOLe STORY WITH THE FINAL CHAPTER NEXT TIME.