2nd Attempt (Nako's POV)

Eყҽʂ Oɳ Yσυ
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sorry just got to update today >_<

 

Nako's Second Attempt


 

Since Hyewon and Hii are now out of the gang’s sight at the moment, Nako got bombarded with her new friends. She got praised for her Korean speaking ability despite having just landed in a foreign nation. 

 

Nako then revealed she was studying Korean already a year ago. She also explained that she is an exchange student from Japan. She’s currently rooming with her cousin since Sakura and Hii decided to separate because they are in a different department. 

 

Nako easily got accustomed to her new friends but still she’s waiting for a certain person to come back. Chaeyeon then suddenly stood up

 

“Aight, It’s time for us to go gays! See y’all tomorrow?” 

 

“Ey! Watcha gonna do with Sakura? Hmmm?” Yena quacked.

 

“Stop with your dirty thoughts duck! Saku-chan has to finish some reports and so do us. Now Shoooo~” Chaeyeon fired back and shooed her friends to go home as they have tasks to do also. 

 

“It was nice meeting you Nako-yah, let’s hang out more often.” Minju said as they bid goodbye as well. 

 

“Yes, thank you so much for your warm welcome, take care and see you around.” Nako replied in glee. 



 

…….



 

Few weeks have passed and Nako is getting along really well with her new group of friends. She’s also amazed and intrigued by her friends’ love story. She also found out that from the business department gals only Hii doesn’t have any love interest and has never been in a relationship when she got here in Korea. This gave her the idea that she might have a chance since honestly the reason why she is here is to see Hii. 

 

After Hii’s 3rd attempt of confessing that night, Nako was indeed sure she had fallen in love with her and that she was about to give her a chance. But to her dismay that night was already the last time she had seen Hii. She didn’t have any idea where she went and just kept on waiting. Maybe someday Hii will pop up out of nowhere just like how it used to be before. 

 

However, Hii never showed up. 

 

Till the day she accidentally met Miu at her university in Japan. Her eyes widened upon seeing the acquaintance. She immediately rushed to the said girl trying to pry about the whereabouts of the girl she’s been looking for. 


 

~FLASHBACK~


 

“M-Miu...s-san?” 

 

“Ow! Yabuki-san? Fancy meeting you here, I didn’t know we’re studying in the same university.” Miu greeted Nako, a bit shocked upon seeing the latter. 

 

“Y-yeah, me neither. U-uhm…” Nako malfunctioned for a while, she rushed to Miu but she didn’t know how or what to ask about Hii. 

 

“Right, I have to go, my friend is waiting for me at the cafeteria. I’ll see you around?” 

 

Upon hearing the word ‘friend’ Nako immediately thought if it’s Hii so she impulsively asked Miu. 

 

“A-ahh, wait! I-Is that friend perhaps…..H-Hitomi?” Nako stuttered as she’s quite nervous mentioning Hii’s name. 

 

“Hitomi?” Miu asked Nako in confusion. 

 

“Eh?? You didn’t know?" Miu questioned Nako again. “Seriously? That dummy!” 

 

“U-uhm???” confusion can be seen in Nako’s face this time.

 

Miu sighed a bit and held Nako’s shoulder, trying to show some comfort to the girl whom her close friend kept her eye on but got rejected 3 times already. 

 

“Yabuki-san, Hii...Hitomi isn’t here anymore.” 

 

Nako froze upon hearing those words from Miu. 

 

“Wh-what? What do you mean not here anymore?” This time Miu can see the shock in Nako’s face.

 

“Ow! Stupid me! It’s not what you think. I’m sorry for scaring you.” Miu tapped Nako’s shoulder again. 

 

“What I mean is Hii isn’t here in Japan anymore. She’s in Korea now. She’s studying there, she flew the day after our High School graduation and I don’t know when she will come back or stay for a vacation.” 

 

Nako was baffled hearing the information she heard from Miu. So that is why she kept on saying the words “Last time” because Hii will leave that night. She snapped back to reality when Miu bid her goodbye. 

 

Nako just watched Miu’s retreating figure not able to speak her thanks or utter any questions she had in mind. 

 

She sat on an empty bench and pondered for a while. She started to regret everything that night. If only she had realised her true feelings then she wouldn't have let go of Hii and gave their relationship a chance. All this time she was waiting but now the person she has been waiting for is miles away from her. She thought she must do something as she wants these feelings of hers to reach it to that person who deserves it. 

 

As time passed by Nako became desperate. She wants to talk and see Hii again. Honda Hitomi has been running on her mind even on her heart ever since that night. She looked for Miu again to gain information and maybe do something so she could see Hii whatever it takes. 

 

Before the day ended she was able to gather the information she needed. She knew now that Hii had already planned her future since middle school, that it was her dream to study in Korea and be a successful business woman. Nako also knows what university she’s enrolled in and even knows where she’s staying.  

 

Without further adieu Nako applied to become an exchange student to Korea so she could find Hii and thanked all the gods when the school approved her application and chose her choice of university.


 

~END OF FLASHBACK ~


 

Nako thought that destiny indeed is playing with them. To her surprise her cousin Sakura whom she’s close to but rarely sees each other in Japan is also enrolled in the same university she’s in and what’s more fascinating is that Sakura and Hii are friends. What a small world indeed? Her search for Hii was shortened after unexpectedly seeing her the other day. 

 

Been weeks however for pits sake she hasn't had a proper conversation with Hii nor had seen her. Everytime their group gathers, Hii will be there but eventually disappears later. Sometimes Nako would come later and Hii would no longer be present in the circle. She kept on looking elsewhere for the girl's presence. The other’s would inform them that Hii is currently busy with her council duties and is helping Eunbi. 

 

One afternoon, business students were gathered for their monthly reports and their girlfriends were also there to hang out. Sakura and Nako arrived and joined the others. This time Hitomi is present and Nako couldn’t erase the smile on her face as she knows she will see her for a while since Eunbi is also with them meaning they don’t have council duties. This will be h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter