3rd Attempt (Hii's POV)

Eყҽʂ Oɳ Yσυ
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hi! Dropping this today ^^

 

Hii's THIRD ATTEMPT

 

Two years passed again and now they are in their 3rd year in High School and are going to graduate in a few months. Even without proper communication with Nako as they both have been busy with their own clubs and such, Hii still feels the same. Although she did not pursue Nako as she didn't want to appear annoying and nosy. It was like she had already known Nako by just watching her for how many years already. She respects Nako's answer and so to her nothing had changed and no one did ever make her swerve to other girls. 

 

Nako on the other hand admits there would be times she would catch a glimpse of Hitomi. Who wouldn't be right? When for the second time she confessed, got rejected yet Nako can see Hii that she still has those heart eyes to her. Everytime the two of them would meet coincidentally Hii would smile at her widely while her cheeks are puffing and Nako on the other hand admits that Hii's smile is contagious and so she would smile back showing her dimples. That has only been their 'communication' since then. She finds Hii interesting but did not push her curiosity further and focus on her own goals. 

 

Time passed by and they are graduating. They tossed their caps in the air as they celebrated now that they are moving on and getting ready for university. Then they celebrated together with their families. 

 

Hii had to submit some last documents at school and just spent her time at the library not long after she spotted Nako also coming out. She dashed immediately to where Nako is as it'll probably be the last time she'll see her since she'll fly to Korea the next morning. She decided to explore and Korea was her first choice where she could study for university. 

 

She followed Nako silently upto the bus stop. As usual she was observing her from afar, thinking if Nako is meeting someone to go home with her. But to her surprise, Nako rode the bus alone, so without any hesitation Hii ran and rode the bus as well. She admits she's being creepy at the moment, she was like a stalker but didn't care much as she wanted to savor the time she could see Nako. However, courage and confidence took her over, she sat beside the empty seat where Nako was sitting.

 

"Oh! Hi! Perhaps you're going home?"

"Hello there! Yes, on my way home. How about you? You are not from here if I am not mistaken?"

"Correct! I'm going to visit a friend." Hii lied as she actually just wanted to accompany Nako for the last time. 

 

The bus stopped and now they are on their way to the train station. They waited for the next train and they talked while waiting.

 

"So uhm..we finally graduated."

"Yeah, I have to get ready for university."

 

Albeit not being that close nor near to friends even, just merely acquaintances if you can call or schoolmates whatsoever. Hii feels like she's in cloud 9 as she and her crush are talking casually like they've known each other already. Well literally they've known each other for a long time ever since Hii's confession during their middle school days. It's just that they weren't given the time to be close and get to know each other. They just let those lingering feelings flow in the air. Maybe destiny is plotting something for the both of them. 

 

They are now walking to the residence area after the short train ride and Nako wondered why Hii was still walking with her.

 

"Are you going this way as well?"

 

Hii scratched her nape as she has to create some alibis not to be that obvious that she's actually following Nako and just would like to walk Nako home. 

 

"Well, y-yeah! My friend's home is this way too." 

 

Hii answered while sweating. Cursing herself hoping Nako wouldn't find her creepy. Since she doesn't know if Nako's home is still far or maybe they are almost there, she has to seize the moment and let the conversation flow. 

 

"I'm thankful for you talking with me casually. I-I'm glad that you're not ignoring me, well..erm..a-after that f-failed confession." Hii bravely told Nako while having an internal dilemma but she thought she has to do what she can at the moment. 

 

Nako briefly chuckled at Hii's confession again. She's actually amazed by Hii's persistence and even after the constant rejections the girl still has the guts to pursue her. Usually when she rejects someone they will stop and not bother her anymore. But she finds Hii peculiar and different to others. 

 

"I'm not that kind of person though. You did nothing so why would I ignore you? Hmm.."

 

"R-right! Haha..you really are kind hearted." Hii beamed a smile at Nako. Nako got flustered seeing Hii smiling while her fluffy cheeks were puffing. It was her first time seeing that cute and fluffy smile close. Lowkey thinks she kinda wants to see it again. 

 

"Thank you I guess?" Nako returned the smile, also showing her dimples.

 

This made Hii's heart jump and her heart beating erratically again. She melted with Nako's smile plus her dimples. She wanted to keep that smile or tattoo on her forehead. From that smile, Hii took the courage and probably pulled the last chance to confess for the 3rd time. It's a now or never situation for her. She thought if Nako would say YES this time then who knows what tomorrow brings. If not then she's ready to accept that they are not really meant to be together at least she was able to tell her feelings and will not regret it. 

 

They were walking side by side, which Nako doesn't mind since she kinda finds it fun walking home with someone. When Hii suddenly halted her steps and faced Nako. Nako can see that Hii was blushing and couldn't look her straight in the eyes but she seems serious.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter