Eight

Everything in Between

"Unnie, let’s go?” 

They're on stage with all the other idols.  The show is done, and confetti still falling, and the idols are slowly walking down the stage.  With the long dress and heels, Byul has been at her side the whole time, even going so far as to hold her dress up so she doesn’t trip.

It’s sweet and very Byul-like to do something like this.  Byul has since become a social butterfly in the years since they debuted, and normally, at these types of events, she’d be going around talking and catching up with her friends, but not today.  Today, she stuck to Yongsun like glue, her hands always hovering ready to catch her leader at a moment’s notice. 

Even when she goes to talk to some of her own friends, Byul was right behind her, holding her dress.  Some of her friends, she knows, want to say something but they’re respectful enough to wait until they’re alone. 

At today’s event, Byul is less MoonByul, rapper of Mamamoo, and more Byulyi, dress holder and bodyguard of Mamamoo’s Solar. Even Byul’s other idol friends stayed away, opting for a simple wave from afar rather than coming closer to talk and possibly pull Byul away. 

Even their hoobaes, who normally come up to greet them, seem to stay away, only bowing from a far.

Hyejin and Wheein didn’t say anything, they never do, but their glances and looks, and random disappearances to other parts of the stage is telling enough.

Yongsun doesn’t think Byul ever noticed the way other artists and even fans respect...whatever the hell this is.

At the airport, fans would crowd all over them, hoping for a touch or something, but then Byul would step up and wrap Yongsun around her arm, pull their hat lower, and protectively usher her away.  And fans pick up on that.  They get less intense, they back away.

The same thing here, the other idols just stay away, letting the two of them stay in this bubble.

With a smile, Yongsun nods and head to the stairs, Byul right beside her, holding her dress. When they got to the stairs, Yongsun was too busy waving to the fans to notice.  She missed a step and trip, letting out a loud yell, only to be caught by Byulyi. 

“I got you Unnie,”

Yes, she does have her, in more ways than she’ll ever know.