Ten

Everything in Between

Yongsun is worried sick.  They told her nothing happened, she’s fine, but until Yongsun can see her and physically check, she’s not going to trust any one’s comment.

“Unnie, can you go faster?” She asks her manager, to which the manager shook her head.

“Yongsun-shi, I’m going as fast as legally allowed.”

“But you can go faster,”

“Do you want us to get pull over and take an even longer time?”

Yongsun deflated, knowing that is a risk she doesn’t want to risk.  It’s a good thing her manager is driving, otherwise, Yongsun would have broken several traffic law by now.

“Relax Yongsun-shi, Byulyi-shi is fine, just a minor injury. You even talked to her on the phone earlier.”

“I know, I know! But still..” she replies, her fingers tapping on the window with impatience.

“I understand.”  Her manager said, understanding more than she lets on.  No one is *this* worry for a group member.  

The moment they got to the hospital, Yongsun hop off the car before her manager can properly park, and booked it.  

She meets her other manager in the hospital who usher the worry leader to Byulyi’s room. 

“Unnie!  Look, they gave me a lollipop!” 

Byulyi is sitting on the hospital bed, grinning with her pink cast on her arm, and proudly holding a half eaten lollipop up for Yongsun to see.

“Are you okay?” She rushed out, running to the younger girl, gripping her arms and scanning her for any injury other than the cast.

Byul catches her leader's eyes, “I’m okay Yong.  Nothing happened.  I’m okay.” 

Yongsun stares back for a bit then visibly exhales, her stress all leaving her, “thank god.” 

A beat.  Then Byulyi pulls out a new lollipop out of nowhere, “Want a lollipop?” 

“Where did you - nevermind, I don't want to know.  No, i don't want a lollipop.” 

Byulyi moved over a bit to make room for Yongsun to sit next to her.

“What happened anyway?

“The lift was open when it shouldn’t be, and I didn't see it, so I fell.”

Yongsun tsked, annoyed at the lack of safety.  She really hates this award show. Hates even more that Byulyi will be performing alone for her solo, thus, she was at rehearsal alone. 

“It’s just an accident, unnie,” Byulyi reassures her, knowing her unnie is probably plotting revenge. 

“It’s an accident if it happens once or twice!  You're not the first, or even the 2nd person who got hurt during rehearsal these past few days! You’re like, the tenth!  What kind of business are they running?!? What the hell is the stage built from, grass?!?  Are they even looking at who they’re hiring?!”

“Unnie…” 

“Oh dont unnie me!” she points her finger at the younger girl, “if i was the one hurt, you would already be suing them!” 

“That is…very true.” 

“When can you leave?”

“Now, i’m waiting for them to bring me the discharge paper.” 

“Hm..” Yongsun hum gently, from her spot with her head resting on Byulyi’s shoulder, her finger tracking up and down the pink cast.

“Why pink?” 

Without missing a single beat, Byulyi replies, “Your hair is pink.” 

The leader pauses her fingers and looks up.  Byulyi is staring back at her impassively, as if what she said is perfectly normal, like it’s totally normal to get your cast the same color as your bandmate’s hair color. 

Byulyi smiles around her lollipop, and Yongsun realizes.  She finally understands. 

Yongsun pulls the lollipop out of the other girl’s mouth and into her own.


-------
A/N: I got AFF so i'm cross posting on there as well! I watched a potato live stream of Hwasa in London earlier and wow even with the crappy stream, she sounded amazing. ALSSSOOO She sat next to ANNE HATHAWAY at the fashion show!! In all pink so that gave the inspiration for this. QUEEN HWASA and PRINCESS OF GENOVIA! in one frame!!