Dreams

The Resistance: Rouge Demigod

Taking out his dagger, Baekhyun held it in front of his body carefully. He knew the first people that were attacked in capture the flag were always the attackers and offensive players. 

Junmnyeon was above him in the tree’s keeping a preventative look out for any of the red team that may be sneaking up on them.

Baekhyun took careful, but quick steps in the coniferous forest of their camp. He looked up to see some birds chirping and jumping between pine trees. Then he kept a careful eye beneath him knowing some campers may be using an underground method to reach their team. 

 

“In coming!” Jumnyeon said from up high waving down to his comrade.

 

Baekhyun nodded quickly running behind a tree, he crouched down watching carefully to the oncoming footsteps.

 

“I don’t see anyone here,” One of the red team members said.

 

“Be quiet, idiot!” Someone slapped the stranger's arm.

 

Baekhyun peaked his head to get a better look. It seemed like the two were Hermes' kids. He could not recall their names, but they seemed like newer campers, probably sixteen years old? Fresh out of the mortal world.

 

One of them was far behind the other, tripping over twigs and rocks, clearly new and looking a little nervous to his surroundings. This was probably the first time he was playing capture the flag. Baekhyun recognized that same nervous face. Chanyeol had that same face the first time he came to camp, hiding it with his eager and curious smiles. 

Baekhyun scrunched his nose to stop himself from thinking about his boyfriend. Taking out his dagger from his back part, he didn’t even make a tiny sound as he swifty unveiled the weapon.

His plan: when the two campers were to come near him he'd trip the slower one and then pin the other confident one down. That way Junmnyeon could have time to come down and tie up the second one together. Then, since these two seemed like a lost defense they’d run to the red teams flag and win the game. It was a simple plan made for success.

 

Now.

 

Baekhyun revealed himself from the bushes, causing the quieter hermes kid to trip back and fall on his . Meanwhile, his partner turned back and rolled his eyes, taking out his own dagger, prepared to fight.

 

“New campers?” Baekhyun stalled.

 

The nervous one who’d fallen nodded his head quickly, “We-I-”

 

“Don’t answer his question, Cole,” He said.

 

Baekhyun smirked, realizing that although the confident camper seemed like he had everything under control he was holding up a fake facade. He was just as scared as his partner. Who wouldn’t be a afraid of a camper like Baekhyun? Known for his skilled combat and archery skills, and on top of that having the ability to use charmspeak-something only a handful of aphrodite children could do.

 

“Your name?” Baekhyun asked the one with the dagger.

 

“Sebastian,” He said instantly.

 

Cole looked at him in confusion with his striking green eyes, wondering why he had just told Baekhyun his name even though he warned himself not to.

 

Baekhyun raised his eyebrows at the young demigod, his eyes ogled and lips in a tight line. It was apparent they did not know Bakehyun was using charmspeak, but once Cole realized he took a step back carefully.

 

“I won’t hurt you, Sebastian...Cole,” Baekhyun looked back and forth between them, “I won’t have to hurt you if you let me pass.”

 

Sebastian held his dagger further away from his body, ready to attack, “No, we’ll fight.”

 

Baekhyun raised a curious eyebrow. Ah, young naivety, he knew all about it. When he first came to camp half blood at the ripe age of twelve years old he believed anything anyone told him here. After all, he’d felt like an outsider in the mortal world and being catapulted somewhere he actually belonged, made him feel...good for once. 

--------------------------------------------

Without much of a second thought, Baekhyun charged, knocking over Sebastian in one swift kick to his shins. He fell back quickly wincing before attempting to get up again. Baekhyun hovered his dagger over him, keeping his eye open for Cole who shakingly tried to take out his own sword from its sheath.

 

“Alright, I’ll say this again,” Baekhyun’s eyes glowed a light pink signifying that he was using charmspeak, “Stay down, and let me pass.”

 

“-Yah!” 

 

Baekhyun buffered. He hadn’t realized Cole was now inches away from him, swinging his sword around without any coordination. The man was a rookie for sure, his moves slightly off putting, his foot word terrible, it reminded Baekhyun of-

Sebastian had stood up after beginning to get his energy back. He was able to take his dagger and clash it against Baekhyuns.

The son of Aphrodite hadn’t seen this coming. He was outnumbered. Even though Cole was only really half a person when it came to skill, they’re unwillingness to give up gave them an upper hand.

Baekhyun, he’d given up this entire summer.

 

Just then, Junmnyeon knew to swoop down from the trees, knocking down the easiest one first, making Cole fall on his back.

Sebastian was the leaner one, so while Baekhyun had his dagger to his beck, Junmnyeon took the opportunity to tie his legs from the bottom. When the demigod let go, he fell back to, groaning in pain.

 

“Hurry, Cole, get me out of these ties,” Sebastian ordered him.

 

But, they were too late now, Junmnyeon and Baekhyun had already run far away, right up until the enemy post. When they reached the hill, they easily defeated the two guards who were protecting the flag.

Baekhyun snatched the fiery red flag and waved it around in triumph.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Everyone threw the two of them at least one fist pump or friendly punch for winning the match. The losing red team after all were subjected to cleaning all the barracks for the entire month.



 

Dinner came fast. Baekhyun found himself beside his usual group of friends, Kyungsoo and Mina on one end of the table and Adrian, Junmnyeon and himself on the other.

They talked for a couple of minutes about various regular demigod things. Soon, the conversation went from talking about how badly Kyungsoo and Mina’s team lost to capture the flag to Chanyeol.

Baekhyun visibly became uncomfortable. 

 

“Me and Alec are going out for a late night search,” Junmnyeon told Baekhyun.

 

The rest of the friend group grew weary of those hopeless words.

 

“I’ll come,” Baekhyun offered.

 

“No, It’s best if you stay,” He said. 

 

“Do you think...he’s probably out there looking for us too?” Kyungsoo sighed.

 

“I don’t know, but it feels empty at camp without him,” Adrian said.

 

Baekhyun blinked quickly, he hated crying in front of his friends. 

 

“He’s strong,” Baekhyun said with certainty, “I believe in him and know wherever he is...he’s alive.” 

 

Mina looked up at Baekhyun and smiled.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When everyone finally finished their meals, they said their small goodbyes, heading back to their respective cabins. Before Baekhyun could walk to the aphrodite cabin, Mina stopped him, pulling him aside.

 

“Listen, I’m on your side Baekhyun. I don’t like how Alec and all of them are leaving you out of the loop when it comes to this whole situation. But I have...information.” Mina said, looking around every few seconds to check if someone was listening. 

 

Baekhyun nodded, quickly following her into the Zeus cabin.

 

He hadn’t been here since last year. It still smelled like him, with the lakeside view winds filling the room and cooling it down more than any other cabin. He saw posters that Chanyeol had hung up some mortal rock band Baekhyun had already forgotten the name of, a small action figure from those avenger movies he really liked. His room was not as messy though, probably because Mina had cleaned it up since she was living here.

They were half sisters, so if Chanyeol was still here they’d be in the same room anyways. Chanyeol’s bed and sheets were done nicely, and off to the side where some dividers were placed was Mina’s bed with a small dining table in the middle.

Mina sat down there, offering Baekhyun some snacks, before pulling out her diary.

 

“I’ve been having dreams,” She explained.

 

Any normal mortal would have laughed at her claim to evidence, but Baekhyun’s eyes widened when he heard this news. Dreams for demigods weren’t just crazy things you imagined when you slept, they were revelations, prophecies and sometimes visions of the present time.

 

“I saw him, I swear it was no one but Chanyeol. He looked different though. He had really jet black hair and...a silver piercing. In fact, the way he walked made me question if it was him. I only really knew it was because of his sword.”

 

“Where...where was he?” Baekhyun treaded carefully.

 

Mina pulled flipped through her journal, “i’ve been keeping a dream journal. Everytime I wake up, I write and draw everything that I saw in hopes that I may not forget.” 

 

She opens to a particular page and points at a scene she has drawn.

 

“It’s an...underground lair of sorts. It looks like an abandoned mining region. From my google searches it seems that this type of mine only really can exist in easte asia...China or something.”

 

Baekhyun squinted to get a better look at the drawing. To one side were several people training, shooting arrows, fighting with each other. They were all wearing the same uniform, black cargo pants and heavy bronze armour on top. It was an army. A huge one, at that.

He then looked back at Mina to tell her to continue her explanation.

 

“He was training with a bunch of other demigods. Actually...it was almost like he was teaching them how to fight. I saw some familiar faces, but really only acquaintances. Demigods that had run away from last summer. This is the resistance that Alec is talking about, but it’s not just a bunch of demigods. Alongside them in a different underground region were titans, cyclopes, gargoyles, gorgons, everything.”

 

“It’s not a resistance,” Baekhyun interrupted her, “It’s a revolution,”

 

Mina nodded in agreement, “Chanyeol was talking to one of the titans, I don’t remember what he looked like, but it seemed like he was reporting back to him about something. They mentioned the camp...some plan about its infiltration...but they were hesitant. It did not seem like they were going to do anything to the camp.”

 

“Why?” Baekhyun asked.

 

“The titan had said their army wasn’t big enough yet...and that they needed to recruit more demigods.”

 

“That's weird...no one has left the camp yet,” Baeklhyun said.

 

“I know...that means we still have campers here who want to join the resistance force.” Mina said nervously.

------------

Authors note: Chapter two is out guys!! Enjoy, currently writing chapter three! Stay tuned. What you guys think about the new introduced characters? Will they play a big part in this or no?