Missing

The Resistance: Rouge Demigod

NOTICE: *Before you begin reading this book, please be sure to check out the two other books in this trilogy. Various topics and concepts are not re-explained in this book, and therefore can seem confusing to the average reader. The author reccomends you begin reading the first book 

BOOK 1: "Children of the Gods" https://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/1461697/children-of-the-gods

BOOK 2: "Blood and Love" https://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/1469020/blood-and-love

-------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

-------------------------------------------

While it's true that most demigods never really get to live a normal and calm life, it felt like Baekhyun was finally getting to experience exactly that.

All demigods starting from September went to camp half blood, trained to fight monsters and then at the very end of the year around June they all either went back to their homes to live with their mortal parents or stayed at camp, probably given a mini-quest by their camp counsellor. 

Baekhyun would always do the latter, but ever since he’d met Chanyeol things have changed. That summer the year before he would be turning eighteen, his boyfriend and him had the best summer ever. They hung out in Chanyeol’s home town, New York right in the depth of brooklyn. 

Summer break was coming to a close, and before Bakehyun knew it he and Chanyeol had to travel back to camp half-blood-there other home. It passed like any normal reunion at camp, saying hi to all their friends, Baekhyun greeting his sisters in his cabin and then meeting up with their camp conseiller Alec.

The eerie perfectness of everything soon crept up on them like a shadowy cloud on a stormy night.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Five months. It had been five months since Chanyeol had disappeared. Five months since Baekhyun and the others had gone out to find him-with no luck.

 

“We should halt the search,” Alec told them in the privacy of their cabin.

 

Baekhyun, Kyungsoo and Adrian were all there, with the son of Aphrodite looking the most nervous pacing around the cabin. They’d come here every friday after a search on the outskirts of the camp and then outside the barriers to catch the whereabouts about the missing son of Zues, but with no luck they came home empty every time. 

Baekhyun found his own thoughts began closing in on each other. He used to be more optimistic about finding Chanyeol, but now it had been so long, he could be any where at this point. The biggest question was: where: where could he have gone and most of all why he had left at such a time? When the camp was picking itself up after the war from last year and everything had almost gone back to normal. 

Being the son of Aphrodite, Baekhyun had suspicions this was his mothers doing since last year when he’d seen her she confessed there was something big to come in their relationship.

It drove him mad. Crazy that the gods could get away with playing with their lives. This fueled his anger.

“We aren’t halting the search,” Baekhyun clenched his jaw.

 

“Baekhyun-” Kyungsoo attempted to coax him.

 

“No, I don’t care. You guys can sit here and do whatever and act like everythings the same, but he’s gone. He’s missing. He’s out there somewhere-probably in danger,” 

 

Baekhyun's eyes stung. He sat down on the couch and attempted to collect himself. This happened almost every time in the past five months. He would try to defend the point of finding his boyfriend and then miserably fail as he fell into a fit of cries. This was unlike the old Baekhyun, who’d fight monsters at any whim, throw an arrow at anyone who defied him. He’d become too soft. 

Kyungsoo came beside him, rubbing his back soothingly.

 

“At this point, it seems we can only wait. He had been missing for five months and-” Alec attemped to explain.

 

“What? You think I”ll just give up like that?” Baekhyun bit his lip.

 

“No, I know you won’t give up, but Baekhyun…” Alec's eyes trailed off.

 

This was a look of guilt, Baekhyun could sense it from a mile away. It was like his camp conseiller was hiding-no he was hiding something from him. Perhaps something only the demigods in this room knew besides him.

 

“What?” Baekhyun stood up, attempting to read Alec's face.

 

“We…” Alec pinched the bridge of his nose, “We have suspicion and considerable proof that Chanyeol may have joined a rogue demigod alliance.”

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

After being told the hard hitting news, all the demigods in Alec's cabin were sent off to the camp diner to eat their last meal of the day. 

Kyungsoo's eyes kept glancing over at Baekhyun who could only look at the ground with a far away look on his face. He was distraught.

It wasn’t everyday you found out your boyfriend joined the rouge demigod force-an up and coming revolutionary army composed mostly of demigods, monsters and titans that despised gods and wanted to get rid of them once and for all.

Camp half blood has had their fair share dealing with the origins of this organization. Rouge demigods, titans and monsters had infiltrated and attempted to burn down the camp twice now. It was a well known fact. It was only a matter of time before it came around again. But what was shocking of all this news was that the very demigod who’d led their defeat, was the same one joining their side- Chanyeol.

 

“Did you know about this?” Baekhyun asked his quitey.

 

Kyungsoo sighed, “it’s more complicated than that.”

 

Adrian, one of their long time friends whose boyfriend had also joined the rouge demigod army- overheard the conversation.

When they took their seats on the lunch table, he sat beside Baekhyun.

 

“Remember that ambrosia Chanyeol drank last year?” Adrian said.

 

Baekhyun narrowed his eyes, “The immortality ambrosia that never worked?”

 

The son of Athena nodded his head, “It did work, but not for the reasons you think. Alec told us to keep this from you because we weren’t certain if it was even true, but that potion...it was..meant to lure in demigods into the resistance.”

 

“What?” Baekhyun looked visibly confused.

 

“You mean this entire time...he would have left, without us knowing?”

 

Adrian nodded, “It’s the same thing that happened with Ezo. One day he just got up and left.”

 

Ezo was Adrian's boyfriend. He’d died last summer from the camp invasion. Except it wasn’t any normal death. Since Ezo was on the opposing side he’d turned full rogue demigod, claiming that he’d never even been with Adrian, in the end Adrian had to make the decision to kill him-which was probably the hardest thing he could do. 

Baekhyun didn’t even want to imagine what would happen if Chanyeol and him would come to that point. His mother wouldn’t take it that far-would she?

 

“I don’t understand, Chanyeol never wanted to be rouge demigod. He wanted to defeat the resistance.” Baekhyun said.

 

“But that is exactly what that position does. It takes vulnerable demigods like Chanyeol and makes them turn on everyone and everything.”

 

“We have to find him-for all we know there could be some titan trying to use him as a pawn.”

 

“He’s not the only one,” Junmnyeon came just then with his food.

 

All the demigods turned to him, wondering what he had to say.

 

“There is evidence that some of the campers here from last year haven’t returned from their time off. Alec says some of them may have joined the resistance.”

 

All the demigods looked at each other in disbelief. After all, these were the people that had fought against the resistance last year-how was any of this making sense. 

 

“In fact, as far as a year ago, some of the campers may have acted as spies, gotten important information for their underground network. Prometheus was right, his legacy lives on even though he’s dead.”

 

Baekhyun couldn’t believe he was hearing. Not only was he just figuring out about this hidden underground resistance, but he had foolishly wasted his summer with Chanyeol in peace while all of this was going on. He thought about those strained and forceful smiles that his boyfriend would let out every time he’d talk about camp next year...it all made sense now. 

Chanyeol knew about this all along. His unsuspected future turn of events.

 

“Don’t worry, we’ll find him.” Kyungsoo looked at his friend in worry.

 

Baekhyun wasn’t sure if he could believe his empty words.

--------------------

 

Camp activities went on per usual. With a capture the flag tournament this afternoon, the campers were ecstatic to use the skills they’d honed over the summer in a quick match. Baekhyun insisted that he did not want to partake in capturing the flag. Really, all that was on his mind was his missing boyfriend after all, but Alec made sure that Baekhyun was not out of sight.

The son of Aphrodite assumed it was because he didn’t want Baekhyun to run out to look for Chanyeol. After all, he’d attempted many times to sneak out in the middle of the night. After being caught once, Alec had made sure never again.

What was Baekhyun to do? Sit still while Chanyeol was who knows where.

He thought a lot about what Chanyeol would do in a situation like this. Probably sneak out every night to look for him tirelessly risking his life to find him. The same way he’d come on that quest uninvited because he wanted to protect Baekhyun.

He admitted he’d never be as courageous as Chanyeol, but he wanted to try. He needed to try dammit.

 

“Um…”

 

Baekhyun turned alarmed at the voice behind him.

 

When he turned he saw none other than Mina.

 

He rushed over and hugged her tightly. Mina paused for a moment until she reciprocated the hug. 

Mina was a mortal Baekhyun had met last year on his quest in Germany. They had a complicated history. Which included the fact that the both had feelings for Chanyeol. Thankfully, that chapter in Mina’s life had ended when she found out that she and Chanyeol were actually half brother and sister. After that, Baekhyun had become much closer to her.

After all, he’d always been interested in the world she used to live in, mortal technology, and mortal ways of life. 

 

“Me and Chanyeol tried to reach you this summer but-” Baekhyun said, but noticed Mina’s sad look.

 

“Are you okay?” She asked.

 

Baekhyun paused to think. Realizing that no one had even asked him that since Chanyeol’s disappearance made him realize how much he wanted to be asked such a simple question. Because no, no he wasn’t okay.

 

“No, I’m not and frankly speaking It’s taking everything in me not to leave right now and look for him.”

 

Mina nodded sympathetically, “He’s safe and I know it.”

 

Baekhyun smiled at her innocent optimism, “I took my time with him this summer for granted. We should have been back at camp trying to understand and fix this.”

 

“Don’t beat yourself up for it. Let’s play some capture the flag to get out minds off it.”

 

Ah, capture the flag. A normal camper tradition that almost anyone was excited for. Baekhyun argued that he never found capturing the flag more important than fighting monsters, he only saw it as an opportunity to improve his fighting abilities. 

He hadn’t trained all summer so it was nice to finally get his combat skills back into the works.

Mina was already geared up. She placed on her head a bronze helmet, sporting a red mane. Baekhyun was appointed to be on the blue team. He smiled back at Mina wondering if she’d be able to fight alone. He knew she’d been practicing all summer under the direction of Alec and some campers who had stayed behind this summer.

Her mother of course provided her a lot of resources and she’d improved greatly. That is what Baekhyun had heard. A demigod like Mina, an illegitimate child of Zues would never have elemental powers like Chanyeol, but she could improve in terms of combat-like other demigods.

Of course, Baekhyun had always been in the same boat, save for his ability to charmspeak, that is being able to coerce people and hypnotize them into doing things that he wanted. Truly, he took pride in his attentive and skilled combat abilities. 

“Alright! Blue team gather ‘round!” Junmnyeon waved everyone in.

The son of Poseidon looked around at his crew thinking about in which way he could separate them. On one side there were two Hermes kids, Baekhyun and Kyungsoo. On the other a couple of Athena kids.

“Alright, Baekhyun offensive front line along with…”Junmnyeon looked around trying to figure out who the right match would be.

To his demise, Junmnyeon felt that he was the only capable one to fight alongside his long time friend. They had good combat chemistry together, having gone on a quest together when they were young. 

 

“Ready partner?” Junmnyeon nudged a blank Baekhyun.

 

“Hm? Ah yeah,” Baekhyun fake smiled.

 

His comrade sighed, knowing full well the son of Aphrodite was lost in thought about his missing boyfriend, he wondered if he’d be able to fight today.

 

They stood on their marks, with some campers staying behind to defend the flag, Baekhyun and him would go to the opponents and take their flag. Alec sounded the game to commence and everyone ran.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Authors note: Hey everyone! I"m back. And don't worry many more updates to come! I"m thinking I'll probably update the chapters every sunday if I have them done. Don't worry no hiatus' here as its the very last book. It's really sad that this series is coming to an end. I love greek mythology and exo. When you add them together its pure magic. But, in the celebration of having a new exo comeback I thought it was appropriate to update <3. Love you all will update soon!