Rescue

The Resistance: Rouge Demigod

 

 

After Mina had told him almost everything she’d seen in her dreams, from elaborate plants that the resistance had wanted to do this summer, to the intricate combat styles they’d design to win fights against the campers and members that were new and familiar faces Baekhyun could recognize from years ago who had joined.

It was a big discovery that Mina had purposely kept from Alec. Baekhyun should have been ecstatic that now Alec didn’t know something he did, but nevertheless he always had a sprout of guilt in his mind. He’d have to tell Alec, but not know. Not when he had a plan.

 

He called upon Junmnyeon, Kyungsoo and Adrian right about when their afternoon training ended and there was a gap between their next meal. 

They all gathered in Chanyeol’s old cabin again, where Mina had sprawled on the floor all the drawings and pieces of writing she’d conjured up after dreaming about the resistance force for almost a month.

 

“Alright, so you're saying Chanyeol has been here? This entire time fighting with a whole new army, different people and hasn’t got a clue that the people he’s training to fight are his own friends.” Kyungsoo said.

 

“Pretty much,” Mina said sadly.

 

“Who is this?” Kyungsoo picks up another hand drawing done by Mina. 

 

It was a man, standing next to Chanyeol. His arms were crossed over his chest. His eyes were graceful and yet, cruel. They were sharply overlooking people who were training.

 

“I’ve never heard him speak in my dreams, but he’s always around Chanyeol. They must be co-partners or something,” She explained.

 

Junmyeon looked at the picture of the lair Mina had drawn out intently, “Hmm...this would be congruent with what Prometheus told us what the potion actually did. It takes away your memories, makes you into this fighting machine whose only goal is to defeat the gods.”

 

“Alright...so what's the plan from here? We tell Alec-”

 

“No,” Baekhyun shut the idea down immediately.

 

He then turned to Junmnyeon who looked guilty of having been associated with Alec and his way of keeping secrets.

 

Junmnyeon sighed, “Baekhyun, we all know we have to tell Alec about this.”

 

“I’m not letting it happen. If he finds out he’ll just make you go out to search for the lair. He won’t let me go because he thinks I’m too emotionally involved.” Baekhyun explained.

 

His friends looked at him cautiously before saying anything. Probably because Alec’s sentiment about his involvement in anything related to Chanyeol was emotionally involved. 

 

“I...want this to be between us.”

 

“Baekhyun-” Junmyeon wanted to argue.

 

“No, okay. And if you have any intention of telling Alec then...I’ll have to...use charmspeak on you. I’m sorry. I don’t want to hurt any of you, but standing here and letting the resistance go on with it’s plans aren’t going to help. We need to go out there and find him.”

 

“You want to run away?” Kyungsoo asked in confusion.

 

“Yes,” Baekhyun nodded.

 

“Have you gone mad? This is the very thing that Chanyeol did last year that got him into trouble!” Junmnyeon countered.

 

“Please, trust me this once. For the sake of Chanyeol, for the sake of Jongdae…”

 

Junmnyeon closed his mouth when he heard the last name. Jongdae had been their old friend who had also been the founding campers who’d been forcefully joined into the resistance. He’d died as a result of it. In many ways Chanyeol was now Jongdae, both in a helpless situation, when they needed their friends most.

 

The son of Posiden thought about it for a while, before closing his eyes for a few minutes.

 

“Very well. What is the plan.”

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

When dinner ended and the five of them finally had time to themselves they all headed back into the Zeus cabin. Of course, because it was now time to sleep they had to go to their own cabins and sneak back out. 

Kyungsoo was the last to come to the meeting, “Sorry, my siblings were questioning me a little too much,” He complained, “How long are we going to sneak out like this?”

 

“Not for long,” Baekhyun distractedly looked through Mina’s diary.

 

Once all of them had gathered, Baekhyun set the rules.

 

“We need to leave by dawn. Preferably before early morning trainers go to the barracks. If one of the archery people sees us, we’re doomed. We need to make it discrete. Hidden.” That is when his eyes found Kyungsoo.

 

“We’re going to move underground.”Baekhyun explained.

 

Kyungsoo was the son of Ares, he had the strength of a thousand UFC stars. One of his many talents was breaking the earth beneath him and digging tunnels at fast rates. 

 

“That would make sense, since the resistance is hiding underground as well,” Adrian pointed out.

 

Baekhyun nodded, “We’ll be four people...like last time,” 

 

This made his friends all look at each other in confusion, wondering who was going to be left behind.

 

The son of Aphrodite sighed, “Junmyeon I’m leaving you behind because...you have the best relationship with Alec. Somehow, if we do get caught...it’s best if you’re there by his side explaining this plan. Besides, we need you to be our ears on this side of the world. We need to know everything, if any campers leave to join, if someone infiltrates the camp. Everything.” Baekhyun said sternly.

 

Junmnyeon didn’t decline the offer, only listened.

 

“Adrian, Kyungsoo, Mina and I will go underground. It shouldn’t take more than a week to reach the hideout.”

 

“Then what?” Kyungsoo asked, “We somehow fight a whole army?” He joked.

 

“No,” Baekhyun's eyes turned glassy, “We join them.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

After everyone had set off back to their own cabins and Baekhyun and thoroughly detailed the entire unofficial quest, Mina came worriedly and brought up her concerns.

 

“Do you think we’ll be able to...act like we’re defectors,” She asked.

 

“This is the only way they won’t kill us on sight. If we claim to be against the camp they’ll let us in. After that we try and help Chanyeol escape…” Baekhyun said, staring out to the sky from the back porch of the cabin.

 

Mina bit her lip in worry, “I hate to be the one who asks, but what if...Chanyeol doesn’t want to escape?”

 

Baekhyun sighed, “Trust me I thought about it too, but...something tells me he’s still Chanyeol inside. Out of all the demigods here he would be against the resistance. If we could just see each other just once. Maybe, just maybe he’ll remember where he came from.” Baekhyun said.

 

Although he sounded hopeful, he couldn’t help but think of the worst.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

“I would call you insane for doing this, but Chanyeol would have done the same for you,” Seulgi said.

 

Baekhyun was in his own cabin that night, rummaging through his important belongings, weapons and other magical items that could prove to be useful in the quest. One of his closest sisters came up to him questioning why he was packing a bag. He told her everything, knowing well she’d keep the secret safe.

 

“He would’ve done much more if it were me,” Baekhyun admitted.

 

“Don’t beat yourself up about it, you’re doing the right thing now,” She reasures him.

 

“I just…”Baekhyun's voice cracked  a little, eyes stinging.

 

Seulgi comes to sit beside him on the end of his bed, she takes her hand and begins to wipe Baekhyun’s silent tears that roll down his face.

 

“I’m afraid,” He said. “I’m terrified about...going there-what if we get caught, what if...Chanyeol is actually with them, on their side?”

 

“Shh..don’t worry, “ Seulgi rubs circles along his back, “It’ll work out in the end…” Her words trail off.

 

 

“I saw mom last year, in New York,” Baekhyun explained, “She said she wanted to make our love lives even more complicated than they already are…”

 

“Oh for the love gods, why does she have to do this,” Seulgi rolled her eyes, “She meddles and then ruins everything.” She sounded frustrated.

 

“I’m afraid...we won’t even live a normal life.” Baekhyun said.

 

Seulgi nodded her head in understanding, “Trust me, that’s what she wants you to think. If you give up looking for Chanyeol, that will just make her more happy. Do what needs to be done. I believe in you,” She gave her blessing.

 

This was a blessing that Baekhyun needed. Up until now, only his close friends were on his side. He wanted so badly to run to Alec, tell him the truth about everything because of how lonely he felt. It was nice having an outside perspective. It gave him energy. They were going to find Chanyeol.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Authors note: Hey everyone! New update! Enjoyyy. I'm accepting to write the rest of the chapters soon. Don't worry, I know you're all hyped to see Chanyeol soon, but he's expected to come around in the next few chapters. I can't say when exactly, but don't worry, as Mina explained she sees him in dreams so we get a glimpse of him in that way.