Traitor

The Resistance: Rouge Demigod

 

Baekhyun stormed out of the office, banging the door on his way out. He hated him so much. He wanted to uppercut him right then and there. It didn’t matter if Chanyeol was the leader or somehow in charge of this whole resistance-he wanted to fight him. 

 

He instinctually found himself back at the cabin he’d first been assigned too. 

Kyungsoo saw him first, asking if he was alright and what had Chanyeol said about him.

 

Baekhyun wasn’t in the mood to speak, only groaning in frustration, throwing his hands on his face and slumping on Kyungsoo’s bed.

 

“He’s so-ugh! He’s so unbearably idiotic and stupid-”

 

“Calm down,” Kyungsoo reassured him.

 

“No, I can't. I'm so angry I can’t even think straight now.” Baekhyun attempted to take a  deep breath. 

 

“Well don’t get too angry. The minute we show any suspicious behaviour they might kick us out of the resistance.” Kyungsoo warned.

 

“I thought he’d remember me, Kyung. I thought that when he saw me, he’d remember everything. That he’d hold me in his arms and-and-” Baekhyun immediately began to ball his eyes out.

 

Kyungsoo took Baekhyun’s shaking body in his arms and could only put his chin on Baekhyun’s head to hold him closer. The only way they were going to get through this and figure out how to bring Chanyeol back was to remain low for the time being.

 

“It’s okay, we made it this far so we can get his memories back,” Kyungsoo told him, “Now back your bags before he comes back to check if you’re still here.”

 

Baekhyun pulled away from his friend's warm embrace and began to pack his things. He didn’t have much. Just a toothbrush, deodorant. His bag was usually full of a bottle of nectar, but ever since he’d come here it had vanished. 

Thinking of nectar, he thought about how it could be linked to Chanyeol’s memory. After all, it was the very poison that had made him become what he is now. Maybe...just maybe if he could get a hold of some nectar and force Chanyeol to drink it…

But then, he thought about where he could even get nectar. If he were to get it, he’d need to contact Junmnyeon and gods know what he was going through-probably a thorough investigation on the whereabouts of Baekhyun and the others. It was a hopeless situation.

For now, they’d need to stay here, figure out the grand plan that the resistance has and maybe...save Chanyeol along the way.

After strolling for a while, he finally found himself in front of the unit Chanyeol had told him to shift to.

His hand reached for the door knob, but it was swung open by none other than a familiar face.

 

“Harmonia?” Baekhyun said, half a question, half a statement. He couldn’t quite remember if that was her name.

 

“Let me guess, he kicked you out?” She said,

 

Baekhyun looked down at the ground and nodded.

 

“No worries, welcome to unit B486.” Harmonia happily took his bag and hung it up on the hook near the door, “Make yourself at home.” 

 

“You’re here all alone?” Baekhyun looked around the dorm to find that surprisingly it only had one bed and one mahogany dresser to the left of it. It was quite spacious too.

 

“Yep. This unit’s kind of farther from the centre of the tunnel to the rest, so everyone opted out of here. I prefer peace and quiet,” She shrugged. 

 

She catapulted herself onto her bed making a loud tired and aching groan. Perhaps from having been training all day.

 

“Don’t have any half siblings,” Baekhyun continued to dart his eyes along the room, noticing the stack of books lazily thrown on top of one another on the floor.

 

“I have one…”She trails off, her voice growing a little quiet at the end.

 

Baekhyun couldn’t really make out her tone of voice so he asked her, “Who?”

 

“You,” Harmonia smiled.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Baekhyun didn’t know what to say. He was already so focused and busy with all the Chanyeol stuff he hadn't even taken the time to ask Harmonia or as she liked to call herself, Mona- who was a god parent.

 

“You’re...Aphrodite's daughter?” Baekhyun asked to make sure he was hearing right. 

 

“Unfortunately yes,” Harmonia slumped on her bed.

 

Baekhyun wasn’t so sure Harmonia really liked the idea of being the child of Aphrodite. Infact, her expression was the same when Baekhyun had learned of his mothers, and when he’d met her, the disappointment.

 

“No one respects us here. That’s why my dorm is empty. Everyone kind of lives with their own half siblings. I mean, who wants to live with me  I’m just...a-”

 

“Lover girl.” Baekhyun sighed, realizing how much their lives aligned despite growing up in two different environments.

 

Harmonia nodded sadly, “They think I can’t fight and when I try to prove myself...it’s always that I’ll never be as good as anyone else.” 

 

Bekhyun took a seat next to her. He felt bad. At the same time, he felt a deep sense of understanding. Harmonia was going through something he’d overcome, although it had taken a long time.

“Did...Chanyeol tell you this?” Baekhyun asked.

 

“Yes…” She sighed, “I don’t know why...he hasn’t really said he hates me in an explicit way, but...for some reason with you he’s making it very apparent that he hates you.” 

 

Baekhyun laughed, “Trust me...he’s not the first person to hate me,”

 

Harmonia laughed along with him, making the room feel a little lighter and happier.

 

“I’ve never seen an Aphrodite child as strong as you-oh who am I kidding I’ve never even met one. When I heard that was your god parent I can’t lie-I got excited I’ve never really had siblings-much less friends,” She explained.

 

Baekhyun couldn't help but smile. Sure, he’d had his own siblings back at cam (which he deeply missed of course), but they were all had pretty much accepted the fact that their mother was aphrodite. Baekhyun always felt like an outcast having this internal hatred towards his mother- probably because he felt he was nothing like her.

 

“I get it. You’re lonely. Feeling like the whole world is against you, but don’t worry you just have to prove yourself,” 

 

Baekhyun's lips curled in a smirk, “Watch and learn.”

 

------------------------------------------------

 

It was training day number two. The second day that the two undercover resistance members were playing along to this entire facade. 

All the resistances-or what they liked to call each other: rouge demigods circled around their general Park Chanyeol who looked tired and extremely irritated at everything around him. It was 6 in the morning. Looks like one thing hadn’t changed about him, he hated waking up.

 

“Training must be quick today, I have a meeting with Hesphestaus,” Chanyeol explained, plopping down on his seat and taking out his clipboard per usual.

 

Some of the campers talked amongst themselves, whispering things like “I wonder why he needs to speak with him” and “Is he angry with us?”

 

Harmonia came right next to Baekhyun recognizing his confused face, “Hephaestus, Kai’s fathers remember. He’s the leader of this entire resistance. No one really speaks with him except for Chanyeol. Not even Kai. When he does speak with the general it isn’t always something good.”

 

Baekhyun nodded, “Does...does he live here?” He asked.

 

Mona nodded, “Yes. Well, at least that's the rumour. Some say his lair is even more underground than this one...others say he’s still in olympus watching from above and gathering information about the gods and camp half blood.” 

 

“Camp half blood?” Baekhyun repeated the last line, some nervousness etched in his tone.

 

“In a couple weeks we’re planning on infiltrating the camp.” Mona said nonchalantly.

 

Just then he heard a hitched breath and a slight gulp from behind him. Kyungsoo and Mina looked at him in utter fear. They had all assumed this infiltration of the camp wouldn happen in a couple months. But now it all made sense why training was being done so extensively. This entire masterplan was going to unfold in only a couple of weeks.

 

“Enough jibber jabber, everyone stands in two uniform lines.” Chanyeol ordered.

 

The rogue demigods all lined up, some joining the right line others joining the left. They faced each other. Baekhyun stood by the end, facing no one. Everyone else seemed to be facing someone except for him. He looked around and noticed Kyungsoo was just four people down and Mina on the otherside five people down. 

 

“Facing you is your duel opponent,” Chanyeol declared.

 

The air suddenly became tense. Everyone who was facing their potential enemy took a deep breath. This wasn’t going to be fun. 

Baekhyun thought about how counterproductive all these training regiments were. You couldn't help yahoo hter. There was no sense of collaboration and sure, while in camp half-blood demigods would fight one on one, it would be to better understand people's strengths and weaknesses when they eventually worked together. 

In the resistance, there were no friends. No comrades. Sure, they were all fighting for the same thing but not together. Selfishly alone. 

 

Baekhyun pursed his lips at the realization that he had no opponent. He raised his hand, making several heads turn his way.

 

“I don’t have an opponent,” 

 

Chanyeol rolled his eyes back. It was as if Baekhyun was becoming more and more of a nuisance than he liked.

 

“We have odd numbers today, you’ll train with a dummy.” He focused his attention back to the clipboard.

 

Baekhyun glared at the general from where he was standing, knowing full well that he just didn’t want to give the demigod proper training.

 

Nevertheless, he opted to stay out of Chanyeol’s bad side (even though he was already a mile in it. He pouted his lips in annoyance, watching everyone fight each other, one by one in a duel. Baekhyun slumped on the ground, playing with his fingers watching in anticipation when Kyungsoo’s turn finally came.

This wasn’t going to be an easy fight, considering the fact that Kyungsoo had several years of quest experience and oh-how about fighting several titans under his belt. His opponent was a shooter male, his eyes sunk in a little and lips quivered. Kyungsoo used the fear to his advantage, knocking the male down immediately. It was a no brainer. 

He couldn’t say the same for Mina. She got pulverized in an instant, landing on her back. She winced in pain and when she got up, all the demigods gasped when they heard a crunch of a bone. Baekhyun cursed under his breath, she’d definitely broken something. 

A nurse shuffled past everyone and layed Mina on a stretcher like this type of predicament happened all the time. She gave one last look to Baekhyun who could only look at her in concern. 

Meanwhile, the demigod who was a taller man looked around in confusion wondering who he should fight now that his opponent was gone in almost seconds. 

 

“I’ll fight him,” Baekhyun stood up in a hurry, raising his hand and waving it around like a maniac.

 

Chanyeol visibly stiffened then turned his head away from Baekhyun's direction and appointed someone else as the next appointment.

The son of Apohrdite's chest boiled with anger. Sure, here Chanyeol was a general, but he was hiding behind a facade Baekhyun could easily break. He so badly wanted to punch him, tackle him to the ground and finally give him the beating he deserved.

But his anger soon dissipated when he realized what a stupid descision that would have been. 

Instead, his eyes suddenly shine at the thought of another idea.

Just as one duel is beginning to finish, Baekhyun walks over to Chanyeol.

 

Almost instantly, all the demigods look at him in confusion watching as he confidently struts towards the general like he was his best buddy.

He has fire in his eyes. Chanyeol is too busy scribbling on his clipboard, but when he realizes no one else was moving forward to continue another duel he slowly lifted his head to find Baekhyun standing in front of him.

The man was short, but confident. He had one hand on his hips and the other holding the but of a small shiny silver dagger, pointed dangerously close to Chanyeol.

 

“What is the meaning of this-”

 

“Me and you, fight till the death,” Baekhyun smirked.

 

Chanyeol clenched his jaw, his teeth to prevent himself from saying something worse than what he had coming. 

 

“You’re mad.” 

 

“I don’t know what you think of me whether I’m just some ‘aphrodite child’, but mark my words this is a fight you won’t forget.” 

 

“Someone please restrain this maniac-”

 

BOOM! 

 

Debris. Flying everywhere, in every which way towards demigods. Everyone shrieks almost in unison and people run away from the large explosion that had suddenly appeared. Scattered weapons flung from the impact Baekhyun and Chanyeol with the rest of the people were the only ones not blown by the impact.

 

“What on earth-” Chanyeol stood up suddenly.

 

From where he was standing, he could see Kyungsoo and Mona on the ground, coughing out the dust particles and standing up slowly. Other demigods didn’t fare so well as some remained on their backs, clearly passed out from the explosion.

 

Kai suddenly ran up to Chanyeol, quickly asking if he was okay.

 

“We’ve been infiltrated,” He explained quickly, “Some camp half blood scum with the gods. I don’t know how they got the location of the camp-”

 

“We must act fast. If even one of them confirms our location we can’t remain hidden and will have to shift,” Chanyeol said quickly, “Kai go take the top entrance, don’t let anyone else in the barricade and other doors we have.”

 

Baekhyun stood there wondering what to do with himself. For one second he was angry and in the mood to kill Chanyeol, but apparently now some campers from camp half-blood had figured out their location and were out to get them. He felt exposed. If someone from camp saw him here...would they understand that he was here to spy on them. Would they assume that he had betrayed them? He wondered if Adrian had gotten back to camp yet and whether he’d told Alec. Perhaps it was him who’d exposed the location.

Either way. He was in a tight situation and he wasn’t sure what he was going to do. Was he going to protect the resistance, or help his friends?

Before Baekhyun could run back to Kyungsoo someone came to stand in front of him. He almost jumped back but realized that it was not only him.

Chanyeol had taken out his own sword and held it in front of him a couple inches from the sword of another man.

It took a moment for his eyes to adjust, but Baekhyun immediately recognized these two men. They were younger than him, newer campers. He briefly remembered fighting them to capture the flag this year. Sebastian and Cole were their names.

 

“You!” Sebastian who was facing Baekhyun pointed at him like he was a traitor.

 

The son of Aphrodite held his dagger in front of him, defensively. 

 

Cole turned to Sebastian and his eyes averted to Baekhyun. He didn’t say anything and only looked away and back at Chanyeol who was ready to fight him.

These two were too new of campers to have ever met Chanyeol, but they recognized Baekhyun.

 

“You left the camp to join them! The scum of the earth!” Sebastian shook his sword in anger.

 

Baekhyun took a nervous breath, he wasn’t sure what to say. He was cornered. Chanyeol was right there. If he even mentioned that he was only here on a secret quest the son of Zues wouldn't be too happy. He also didn’t want to tell Sebastian and Cole that he was joining the resistance, but the circumstances left him no choice. 

 

“Calm down,” Baekhyun warned, noticing Sebastian taking closer steps.

 

“You’re a traitor,” He seethed.

 

“It’s true. I joined the resistance. I was fed up with the gods and their ways. If you had stayed at camp half-blood as long as I did you would know. You’re too naive and young,” Baekhyun said.

 

There was some truth to it. He didn’t like the gods, but he wouldn’t go so far to have them exterminated like the resistance did-although he had come close at one point to agree with them. Sebastian looked at Baekhyun in utter disbelief. He wasn’t sure if this was the same ‘camp saving hero’ everyone had referred to him as. 

 

“Hiyah!” Yelled sebastian, clashing his sword against Baekhyun comparatively smaller 

 

“You don’t stand a chance here,” Baekhyun said with his teeth gritted together.

 

Meanwhile, Cole pounced on a very confused looking Chanyeol. Of course, he wouldn’t be called a general for nothing if he’d easily let him win. The General took out his own sword and immediately beat Cole to the ground.

 

“Camp-half blood scum,” He spat.

 

Baekhyun rolled his eyes, focusing his attention on Sebastian. Except, the demigod’s eyes burned in blames when he saw his friend being pushed by Chanyeol. He immediately let go of Baekhyun and ran for the general.

But Chanyeol wasn’t an easy opponent. He immediately took on both of them, swingin Cole around with one arm and making him land flat on his stomach. While that demigod was recovering he had enough time to slash his sword against Sebastians.

 

Baekhyun blinked, mesmerized by Chanyeol grace. Of course, back at camp he was an excellent fighter, but he could be clumsy at times. This ‘general’ Chanyeol was...hot. He had a different type of energy that exuded off of him when he fought. 

Chanyeol didn’t have his black obsidian sword from camp, but instead a shining golden-bronze one. 

The son of Aphrodite was so focused on the way Chanyeol’s body was moving he hadn’t realized he was at his limits. There was one weakness that the son of Zues had.

 

 

“Oh my gods,” Baekhyun let out a strained laugh, “You can’t use lightning can you?” 

 

While Chanyeol was fighting with Sebastian and sweat was dripping from his forehead he winced in annoyance, “Are you serious, imbecile? This is what you are thinking about while our camp is being infiltrated,”

 

“Hmph,” Baekhyun smirked, crossing his arms over his chest, “No it’s just funny...that the very man who thinks I am weak...looks like he may need help.”

 

Chanyeol clenched his jaw, his eyes shining with a light of hopelessness. Something inside him broke when he saw Baekhyun standing there, nonchalant his hips swayed to one side with a look of triumph, I-told-you-so.

 

“J-Just get your weapon and-” Chanyeol struggled against the weight of Sebastian’s sword.

 

Baekhyun cocked his head forward in a feigned curiosity, “And….?” He cooed.

 

“Help me!” Chanyeol said sharply.

 

“About time, general.” Baekhyun smiled.

 

The son of Aphrodite wasted no time when he noticed Cole was already getting back on his feet. His eyes immediately found a bow and arrow that was left astray and grabbed it quickly, flinging an arrow right in the shin of the camper.

 

“Ah!” Cole wailed in pain, falling back to the floor.

 

“You’ll pay for that!” Sebastian yelled.

 

“Come and get me big boy,” Baekhyun taunts him, charmspeak over his voice.

 

Chanyeol’s in complete shock when Sebsastian willingly leaves him and charges towards the son of Aphrodite like he is under some trance. He's so in awe that his weapon almost falls from his hands.

It takes him a second to realize that Baekhyun's charmspeak had extended all the way out and affected Sebastian. He’d never seen anything like it. He’d heard of mystical beings who could hypnotize people to get what they wanted, but this...it was different, like a strong force that even Chanyeol himself began to be drawn towards.

He felt a small jolt crawl up his spine as he felt the charmspeak tingle his senses. A feeling of extreme deja vu washed over him. 

 

“A little help over here!” Baekhyun said with gritted teeth as he attempted to push off  a heavy Sebastian who had withstood his charmspeak.

 

Chanyeol blinked a few times, releasing himself from a trance. He swung his sword forward and ran over to help the man he once thought was his worst enemy. 

In this case, perhaps he was not up against a greater evil-someone from camp half blood.

 

He used as much force as one could and kicked Sebastian's gut so hard, he flew off Baekhyun. Without much time to spare he charged towards him-sword in hand. They immediately began swinging at each other

Feeling like he had the upper hand now that Sebastian seemed to have a wound near his lower leg region, Chanyeol conserved his energy, clanking his sword against his opponents. He thought too lowly of Sebastian, because as soon as he let his guard down the demigod kicked his foot, making him land on his back. 

 

“Agh!” Chanyeol groaned feeling his muscles burn from the impact.

 

Sebastian took the opportunity to straddle him and hold the blade of his weapon close to Chanyeol jugular. It looked like there was no way out. He was stuck in a lethal and vital position. He felt like livestock being slaughtered to be used for a meal. There was no way his life was so meaningless that he’d have to die so early.

 

“Rouge Scum,” Sebastian spat.

 

SLASH!

 

Chanyeol watched in confusion as his opponents fell, holding his thigh in pain. It was unusual for a demigod to not let out a cry of pain but this demigod was incredibly strong and could only grunt lightly.

Sebastian's eyes went glassy his arms numb.

His friend, Cole ran over to him collecting his body. 

 

“He’s not dead,” Baekhyun wiped the tip of blade which was stained with blood, “Get out of here quickly you’ll be able to heal it with ambrosia-”

 

“Alec told us to stay here until-”

 

“Do you want him to die!” There is no ambrosia here, get your priorities straight and take him back to camp.”

 

Cole flinched hard when Baekhyun began to yell at him. Of course, he’d used charmspeak too so it wasn’t difficult to coerce him into listening.

The fragile demigod nodded his head, realizing Baekhyun’s mercy was something he wouldn’t have received had Chanyeol been fighting him.

 

Once they’d run away in the chaos of fighting demigods and disappeared into sight Bakehyun turned back to Chanyeol who had only a gash to his arm and blood coming from his nose. The son of Aphrodite on the other hand had only sufficed a small scratch to his left cheek.

 

“Well? Looks like I’m not a lousy fighter after all,” Baekhyun smirked.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Authors note: More updates coming soon guys! Trying my very best.