Chapter 7

Twitter Love Story (Meeting Kiseop)

 

"Yeah, oh my god, and then like he brought Jinkyoung home with barely ANY clothes!" you shrieked on the phone, dying of laughter. The voice on the other end rang out with the deep, heartwarming laugh. 

"That's not surprising at all!!" Ken said, still laughing.

You looked at the time on your phone. It said: Line connected for: 3 hours 16 minutes.

You didn't know what you were doing, but you knew you hadn't laughed like that in forever. You had been talking to Ken for over three hours. It really didn't click, because you were having too much of a good time. 

"So, how's it going with that Kiss guy?" he suddenly asked. 

"Kiss guy? What Kiss guy?"

"The one in the band who you've been talking to?" 

"You mean U-KISS Kiseop?" you asked, already chuckling at his mistake. 

"Yeah, whatever, him." he said, embarrassed. 

"Actually, I haven't checked my twitter since yesterday." you confessed sheepishly. You your laptop, and tucked the phone on your shoulder, and logged in to twitter. Sure enough, there was a new message from Kiseop.

"He messaged me." you simply stated. 

"What does it say?" Ken asked, clearly a bit jealous. 

"It's personal." You said, smiling, adding to his jealousy. 

"_________-ah." he said. 

"There's a reason it's called PERSONAL MESSAGE." you emphasized, still teasing him. He sighed. 

"Fine then. I have to go finish an assignment. I'll talk to you later." he said, and you heard the click of him hang up. You laughed to yourself. 

"This guy……" you shook your head smiling, focusing your attention to twitter. The message from Kiseop said this: 

"Hey _______-ah.. I hope you don't mind me using banmal :) Wow, your roommate seems…..nice. lol ;) Really? He winked at you and left? Probably about Jinkyoung, heheh. Yeah, I know what you mean, I've been to enough parties to know that. I'm really trying to stop it all. What does it matter if Ken drinks? He was with your y roommate right? A girl like you deserves a better guy. :) *Sighh, about me, what is there to say? Practice, rehearsals, schedules, performances. Though it's a lot of work, I love it. I have the passion, because once you're on stage, all the hard work seems worth it. I'm sure your life is so much more interesting. Oh, and you're different because you are. I don't know why, I feel different when I look at your pictures than anyone else's. ;)" 

Your happiness increased more as you read this. Except for the part when he said that you deserved a better guy than Ken. He didn't even know who Ken was, yet he was hinting he wasn't something good. You frowned at that, and decided to leave it out of your reply. You started typing a message back:

"Of course I don't mind you using banmal, hahah :) Ken is really nice, he took me out yesterday, and--" 

Your phone ringing interrupted your typing thoughts. You sighed, knowing it was Ken calling back just to talk to you. 

"Hello?" You said, expecting the same warm, deep voice. Instead, you heard someone clear their throat. 

"H-hello, is this uhh… is this… _________?" A voice said. You stopped wide eyed. This voice wasn't a stranger. It was all too familiar. Every single song you've listened to, all those TV Shows, radio shows, Youtube videos, Twitvids…………

No. ing. Way. 

"Y-y-yeah….." you stuttered out, heat flushing to your cheeks. You felt your inner fangirl coming out. 

"Um, hi. This is uh, Kiseop." 

You couldn't contain yourself, but you didn't want to give yourself away to your BIAS. 

"Oh huh… uhhhhh… hi, uh Kiseop, just a sec." you said, and put your phone on mute. Once you had checked a million times that it was POSITIVELY on mute, you ran around the apartment screaming to yourself.

"OH MY GAWD. OH MY ING GAWD OH MY OH MY GOD!!!!" 

You jumped on your bed, you jumped on the sofa, you broke two glasses by accident, you danced every single U-KISS dance you knew, all the while screaming. 

Once you finally contained yourself, and stopped panting like a dog, you went back to the phone. 

"H-hello?"

"_________?" Kiseop said. He sounded cautious. 

"Haha, yeah I'm here. How did you get my number?" you asked, your heart racing. 

"It's listed on twitter." Kiseop responded. How familiar, Ken said that too, you thought. Ken immediately came to your mind, and you silently chuckled at how he would react if he knew that you were talking to that 'Kiss guy.' 

"So, this might seem like it's too fast, or something, but I'd like it if you came to our Seoul Musicbank concert. I could also tour you around Korea, you could chill with us for two weeks…. I mean if you want, it's for free, everything is covered, I just… I really want you to come." Kiseop stuttered. 

"What? I didn't enter a contest or anything…" you said, thinking you hadn't heard clearly. 

"I know you didn't, but… you want to see U-KISS live right?" he asked. 

"Of course I do!" you said cheerily. 

"Then consider yourself booked. VIP tickets, you can have two weeks here, at no charge, meals on me, tours on me, we're cleaning out a spare room for you, just please come." his smiling voice said. Your eyes brimmed with tears at this excitement. 

"Wait, how do I know you aren't some stalker?" you asked, hands on your hips. 

"Oh.. right… huh… guys she needs proof!" he yelled, as you heard a click. You knew you were on speakerphone on the other end. 

"Hey _______! This is Soohyun, please come!" 

"_______ noona, please please come! I'm donating money for this! ~oww, hyung!"

"_______, Kiseop is crazy for you, just come so he can be normal again! This is AJ by the-- OWW, Kiseop!!!"  

You laughed at this reality. MY BIAS UKISS KISEOP WANTS ME TO COME SO BAD HE EVEN COVERED COSTS FOR EVERYTHING AND OMFG.

"Okay, guys, that's enough, hehe…" Kiseop said, his voice sheepish. "So, ______-ah… oh sorry, _______-ssi… will you come? For…. me?"

You laughed. "Of course I will!" You heard Kiseop laughing on the other end in happiness. 

"ALRIGHT!!" he yelled, and you heard slaps signifying him high-fiving the other members. You shook your head laughing still. 

"So uh ______… I have a rehearsal to attend and a room to clean, I'll talk to you later?" Kiseop asked, his voice still enthusiastic. You smiled. 

"Sure, Kiseop-ssi…." you started. "But I have one last question for you." 

"Shoot, _____-ssi." 

"Why me?" 

You heard a pause. "Well, um.." Kiseop hesitated. "To be honest, I don't know. When I look at you you're different. Your eyes tell a story, I want to know that story. You just really……. attract my senses? Does that sound right? Hehe… ~" he said, sounding sheepish. You laughed, also kind of embarrassed. 

"That's sweet….. I think?" you said. You were looking at the floor, smiling shyly to yourself. He laughed. 

"Okay, you should go to your rehearsal now, I'll message you on Twitter." you said. He sighed. 

"Yes, okay. Your voice sounds sweet." Kiseop said. His voice sounded like he was in a trance. 

"What?" 

"Oh, nothing, nothing, I'll talk to you later." He said, and hung up. You hung up too, and laughed. Is this real? Really? Did he just… did he… 

Whatever, you thought, I'M GOING TO KOREA!!! You jumped again for joy, and turned around and crashed right into a certain someone. 

"So first you steal my boyfriend, and then you are in contact with my favourite band in the universe and you didn't tell me?" said a drowsy looking Jinkyoung. She smelled like alcohol and cigarettes, she obviously just came from some party. She grabbed you by the collar of your shirt, and pushed you against the wall. 

"NOW you're gonna get it."