Chapter 3

Twitter Love Story (Meeting Kiseop)

 

You held your hands in your head, and closed your eyes. Now Kiseop would think you’re a freak. You aren’t supposed to spill your life story to your BIAS. Even if he offered to be there. You sighed. You turned off your laptop, and left your turned off phone on top of it, and walked to your balcony window. The noon sun shone through and you felt the warmth of it on your face. It immediately brought up your mood, and you closed your eyes. Your mind wandered off somewhere, you imagined a pair of strong, milky arms wrapping around your waist. You could almost smell the sweet cologne, and feel his nose and lips nuzzling the back of your neck…..

“Daydreaming again, _______-ah?” you heard a sharp female voice behind you. It was your roommate Jinkyoung. You shook yourself out of it. You needed to stop dreaming about Kiseop. He’s a famous pop star, not your boyfriend or crush. 

“No, just taking in the sun.” you said flatly. You hated Jinkyoung, she was a nosy . You looked over at her. She was already dressed in a dress that heaved her cleavage and barely covered her . She had makeup piled on, and was wearing a pair of black, sparkly stilettos. 

“Kay well, it’s your week to do the laundry. My soiled clothes are in the hamper.” she said grabbing her bag. She looked over at the broken mug with distaste. 

“And clean that up. I don’t want Ken to think my roommate is a mental, cause then he’ll never come here again.” she said, and left. You groaned. Doing her laundry was disgusting, her clothes were always soiled with after- substances. She was a , she brought a new guy home almost every week. Ken was probably the fifteenth one since she moved in 3 months ago. You lazily cleaned up the mug, leaving a couple sharp pieces here and there as a special gift for Jinkyoung and Ken. Then you put on your gloves and face mask to get her laundry. You quickly stuffed in into a garbage bag and closed it tight. Then you got yours in the basket, and dumped it all into the washer. Curiosity got into you all of a sudden, you wanted to see if Kiseop would reply, what he would say. You decided you would check your phone in two hours. 

** IN SOUTH KOREA ** 

“Yah, Kiseop-ah, what are you doing?” Eli asked, jumping on the couch beside Kiseop, who was on his laptop. 

“Oh my god, you’re looking at that fan again?” Eli rolled his eyes. 

“She’s not JUST a fan….” Kiseop protested, continuing to go through your twitter pictures. 

“Then what is she, hmm? You don’t even know her!” Eli exclaimed. Kiseop, having no comeback to his answer, ignored him. Eli continued to nag. 

“What did she say in her tweet? What did you reply?” he asked annoyingly. Kiseop groaned. 

“She said she has a y life, and it became better by watching and listening to A Shared Dream! And I said that’s great!” he said exasperatedly. Eli looked at him, taken aback. 

“Both she and you OBVIOUSLY said more than that.” Eli stated bluntly. “Plus, I see you followed her back AND sent her a personal message.” 

“I don’t know, she’s just different.” Kiseop sighed, and got off your profile. Eli went to his room. A few minutes later, this showed up on Kiseop’s twitter home page. 

“@Kevinwoo91 followed @________”

“@u_kisseli followed @________” 

Kiseop stared blankly at the screen, and then yelled, 

“KEVIN-AH, ELI-AH, YOU TROLLS.” 

Kiseop continued to go through your profile, when Jaeseop showed up. 

“Ahh, I miss twitter. Who is that? She’s gorgeous.” he said, sitting beside Kiseop, and pulling a cushion into his lap. 

“Isn’t she? Her eyes are mesmerizing, and her dimples are cute.” Kiseop unconsciously said. 

“You’re such a troll. Read her description. ‘Die-hard Kiseop-biased Kissme’ She’s a fan..” Jaeseop stated, eyeing Kiseop suspiciously. 

“So what?” Kiseop said, still preoccupied with your pictures. Jaeseop shook his head, and pulled out his phone, and started tapping on it. 

A new inbox arrived to Kiseop’s account. His heart skipped a beat when he saw it. It read.

“New message from: @_________” Your name showed up along with your twitter username. “__________”. 

”_________…..” Kiseop murmured your name soflty, fascinated by the new syllables. He read your message, and was surprised with how open you were with him. He smiled that you already seemed to be comfortable with him, but also his heart dropped a bit seeing how your life was. He pouted to himself,  and then typed his reply.

“I know how weird it must be, but just try to think of me as a friend. It feels good to know someone trusts me this much. You’re probably wondering ‘Why me?’ Well, that isn’t a question to ask me, because I don’t know, you’re just different. :) i’m sorry that life is being a to you, but i promise things get better. Life doesn’t just throw things in your way that you can’t deal with, everything is manageable in a way, and everything will be fine, i promise. you can rant in this inbox as much as you like, you seem interesting, and i don’t mind reading/listening :) oh yeah, and ignore whatever kevin and eli tell you… if they say anything… lol. ps. i liked your fangirling at the end of your last message ;)” 

He hit the enter button with confidence. Then another thought hit his mind, and he went back to the inbox, and started typing again. 

“Please don’t always be sad, a pretty girl like you should always be smiling and showing off her pretty eyes and dimples. ;)”

He looked at that message distastefully, and selected it to delete. Really, how creepy was that. But just as he went to delete it, Jaeseop threw the cushion at him. It landed on his mac keyboard. 

“YAAH, JAESEOP-AH!!” he yelled laughing, and threw it back. But his smile soon disappeared as he saw that his ‘creepy’ message had sent. 

“Oh , Jaeseop, I’m gonna kill you.”