Chapter 12

Twitter Love Story (Meeting Kiseop)

 

Kiseop giggled at you nervously as he fiddled with the lock. 

"Ahehe, just a second, it'll take me awhile." he said, trying to put the key in this way, and that, and even jiggling the doorknob. But nothing worked. You finally sighed, and took the key from his clammy fingers. 

"Let me try." you said He backed away, and stood with his arms crossed, challenging your ability to do something he couldn't. You pushed the key into the lock, turned it sharply to the right, and the door clicked open. You looked back as Kiseop's gaping face, which quickly turned sheepish. You smiled triumphantly, swirling the keyring around your finger. 

"And this is….?" you questioned. 

"Oh yeah, um, this is your room!" he exclaimed with an awkward smile. He carried your suitcase into the small dorm like room. To your surprise, it was clean and looked fresh. The bathroom was spotless, the pretty pastel pink walls looked freshly painted, and the huge bed was well made with a comfy looking duvet. 

"Wow, this isn't a five star hotel, is it?" you exclaimed, actually surprised by the cleanliness of a room kept by boys. Kiseop grinned. 

"Not all of the rooms are like this, TRUST ME." he said. He showed you to the bathroom, and said, 

"You must be tired after your trip. Relax a bit and take a shower. I'll call you when dinner is ready, that's when you'll meet the rest of the members." He gave you a polite smile. 

You smiled back, waiting for him to leave so you could comfortably go and take off your clothes to shower. But he just stood there, glancing down awkwardly. You played with your fingers, while Kiseop just stood there. He seemed to be wanting to say something, but he kept hesitating. You broke the awkward silence. 

"So, am I allowed the privacy to shower or not?" you asked teasingly. He laughed nervously, and then replied in a shaky voice. 

"Y-you know… I've always wondered what it would be like to uh… to hug someone like you." he stammered. Immediately after those words were emitted from his mouth, he turned his back to you, shaking his head in embarrassment. 

"N-nevermind." he said, and left abruptly. You heard the door of your room click, and click again, signalling that he left. You stood there not knowing how to react for a second. 

That so was NOT the LEE KISEOP who just hinted he wanted a hug. From you. NO WAY HE DIDN'T. 

Soon enough, reality hit, and yes he did. A huge grin broke out on your face, to no one in particular. You went to lock your door to prevent any intruders, and then made your way into the spick and span bathroom. The hot water relaxed you, and helped smooth out the tight knots of stress which developed on the flight here. Eventually, the gnawing in your stomach of excitement with dinner took over your mind, and you got out of the shower. You put on a pair of sweats, an AE tank top, and you blow-dried your hair till it was impeccably straight. Applying your simplistic makeup and facial creams and lotions, you decided to continue reading that book that you started on the flight until Kiseop called you. 

It had been half an hour, and you were deep into reading the book, when your phone vibrated and your ringtone of "Someday" started to play. You mentally reminded yourself to change it before going for dinner as you answered it. 

"Hello?" 

"Hello, ____? It's Kiseop." 

"Oh hey!" 

"Yeah, um, dinner's ready." 

"Where do I go?" 

"OH RIGHT. YOU'RE NEW. Stay put, I'll come pick you up in two secs. I MEAN A SEC. I so did not mean to say , oh my gosh… I'LL BE THERE!" 

You heard the phone click, and you laughed to yourself. Years of being a Kissme, you were absolutely right about inferring what Kiseop's personality would be like. Extremely awkward, but also cute and funny. You hugged your knees into your chest and rested your head on them, and sighed. This was like a dream world. It could NOT be reality. 

You were about to go dine with U-KISS. WHAT THE . 

As you changed your ringtone to "Next 2 You" by Justin Bieber and Chris Brown, you saw a text from Ken. It said, 

"_______. I'm not mad, I really hope you have fun there. Why you didn't tell me you were going, I have no clue, but we can talk about that later. Just remember I like you. A lot. So don't forget me anytime soon… I'm still alive." 

It felt like a punch in the gut. That's true, why DIDN'T you tell Ken? The reasons you told Kiseop weren't true. You texted him back from your heart. 

"I honestly don't know why I didn't tell you Ken, I'm used to things applying to only me, I really don't know. But thanks for understanding. And omgg, I WONT FORGET YOU :) <3" 

There were so many realities going on now, but the one which hit you hardest was this one. You felt like a cheater. Leading Ken on, but then coming here without telling him to see Kiseop. 

But you had no feelings for Kiseop, other than the fangirl craziness, and neither did he for you. You guys were just friends. I mean, how could an IDOL randomly like YOU? Not gonna happen. 

A knock sounded itself at your door. You opened it, and there was kiseop in PJ pants and a white tank. 

"Let's go," he said, motioning his head towards the elevator. You came out, locked your door, and stood beside him waiting for the elevator. He laughed at himself. 

"How are you?" he asked, looking at you. 

"Pretty fine, you?" you asked, looking at him. 

"Great, great… wow this is amazing." he exhaled. You laughed. 

"Never knew it would actually happen!" you exclaimed as the elevator door opened. 

"I know right!" he exclaimed along with you. He spread his arms towards the elevator. "Ladies first." he said, smiling at you. His smile made your heart skip a beat. You smiled back warmly and stepped in. 

"So how's school coming?" he asked you casually. You shrugged. 

"Boring. Glad I could escape here for two weeks." you said, grinning up at him. 

"Oh, we have lot's of things to do. It's gonna be a fun vacation!" he said, nudging your bare shoulder with his bare arm. You laughed. 

"Sure hope so." you shrugged. He pretended to look insulted. 

"Are you telling me I'm not fun?" he said, in a fake dramatic voice. You mimicked him.

"Maybe, why?" 

"I'm very fun, Miss _____ ______, just watch and see." 

"We shall most definitely see." 

The elevator opened, and Kiseop led you down the practice room hallway. It seemed to go on forever with practice rooms, break rooms, other hallways. Finally you reached a room somewhat like a lounge with big, comfy looking sofas, and a tall dining table, and chairs. But what made you stop before entering was who were IN the lounging room. Even though your bias was standing right beside you, you couldn't help but use all your strength to surpress the fangirl inside of you. Soohyun, Kevin, AJ, Hoon, Dongho, Eli, even Alexander and Kibum were all chilling in that room together, sitting patiently at the table, waiting for dinner. Two spots were open in between Hoon and Kevin - obviously they were expecting you. 

"Are you gonna move anytime soon?" Kiseop asked. You shook yourself out of your trance, and took a deep breath. 

"Yeah," you said nodding your head. You both casually walked into the room. Dongho looked over and his jaw dropped and his eyes turned wide. 

"OMO~ SHE'S ACTUALLY HERE!" he exclaimed. Everyone else turned their heads to look at you. You felt immensely small, wanting greatly to hide behind Kiseop. For sure, your face looked like a cherry. 

You saw Kevin break into a smile, and then motion to the chair next to him. "You guys can sit down you know." 

Kiseop grinned back at him, and the cleared his throat. "Guys, this is ______." he said. You bowed slightly, and voiced something that sounded like "Hello, uh…. yeah hi." 

They all smiled at you kindly, making your anxiety ease a bit. Kiseop led you over to the two empty spots, and you sat in between him and Kevin. 

"So, how are you liking Korea so far?" asked Eli, as he took a cup and poured in some soda they were drinking. 

"Haven't really seen much yet but my room and Kiseop's car." you said easily. Kiseop cut in. 

"Don't worry, you'll have an actual opinion by tomorrow night." Kiseop said smiling at you. 

Eli handed you the cup of soda. You smiled at him gratefully, and took it. 

"Thanks." 

Dongho piped up after that. 

"Omg, _____ noona! You don't even understand how Kiseoppie hyung went on about you… Like whenever you tweeted or messaged him… it was like he was in LOVE with you or something!" Dongho said, and laughed at his own little ramble. Kiseop gave him a hard glare, and laughed nervously. 

"Haha, Dongho-yah, nice joke… Hehehehe…." 

But then Jaeseop joined in. 

"Remember Kiseop? 'Ohh, I don't know, she's DIFFERENT.' 'Look at her eyes and adorable dimples!'" Jaeseop quoted what Kiseop had said earlier looking at your pictures. Kiseop scowled at them, while you turned bright red. You tried to study Kiseop's facial expressions to try and figure out if what Jaeseop and Dongho said were true, only to see that Kiseop was blushing madly too.

The rest of dinner went by pretty quickly. You were exhausted from your trip, and really wanted to sleep, but your stomach forced you to stay and eat the pizza the manager had ordered. It was overall a quiet dinner. No one wanted to really strike up a convo, mostly because they were also too busy eating. Every now and then Kiseop would look over, but after what Dongho and AJ had said, there was a bit of an awkwardness. You just continued to eat your pizza, shaking off that odd feeling. 

 

KISEOP POV

 

Kiseop was furious. Here, s were making fun of something that he took seriously. Like, you had JUST arrived, and already it was a bit awkward cause of what Dongho and Jaeseop said. PLUS, Eli had given you soda, and so easily! No, Kiseop was the one who was supposed to be your host, why are they stealing you away?!

Guys, i'll get you soon, Kiseop thought  silently. 

In the meantime, he was happier than ever under his furiousity. Every single gut feeling he had since finding you on twitter was absolutely right. Just your presence made him happy, and he didn't even know why. It's only been less than a day, and he was already loving the way you pulled off simple sweatpants and a tank, and how your hair flowed long and straight down your slim frame, your cute awkwardness, sense of humor, and that dimple that flashed with every awkward smile…

And every time he thought that, he caught himself staring at you, and shook himself awake.

Kiseop, stop staring. he thought to himself, scoldingly. 

Time flew by soon. You didn't really speak that much, and Kiseop began to get worried that maybe you were regretting coming here. He decided that you maybe needed a good rest after your long trip. 

"______-ah, are you tired? I'll take you back to your room if you want." Kiseop suggested. You nodded, and said your good nights to the members. Kevin persisted a bit. 

"Want me to come too?"

Kiseop looked at him, and calmly said "No thank you." In reality, he was aggravated that none of the members believed in him at first, but now they do. No, he wanted you to himself for now. 

He led you back into the elevator, and as you were walking down the hall, he started talking. 

"How do you feel? You've been pretty quiet." he asked. You half laughed, half sighed. 

"This is just me… you could say I'm the shy type of person. Didn't really have much of a social life back where I came from." you said. 

So an independent girl I think, Kiseop thought. I like it. 

"Well, that's okay. I prefer quiet girls over some of those crazy fans who don't stop yelling." he said casually. "What about your music taste?" 

You gave him an obnoxious, obvious look, which he thought was adorable. "Well, first thing's first, I'm a die-hard Kissme." you said. Kiseop chuckled. 

"If I remember your twitter bio correctly, that would be a Kiseop-biased KissMe." You laughed shyly and looked down. 

"Aha, yeah." you muttered, still smiling. 

"So how about you and music? Do you sing, dance, play piano, etc?" he asked. You thought carefully how you would answer, and then put it out. 

"I love to sing, but I don't think I'm that great. I also love to play piano, guitar, and saxophone." you said. Immediately, Kiseop shot you puppy dog eyes. 

"Please sing for me!" he begged. You looked at him wide eyed. 

"Not right now, my voice is scratchy from that long trip!" you exclaimed. Kiseop shot you more aegyo. 

"Please, please, pleeeeeeeeeeeease!" he stood in front of you, blocking the door to your apartment. 

"No, I don't want to." you said, and tried to look for the door handle, But Kiseop blocked you off. 

"Then promise me that before you leave, you will." he said. You sighed. Your exhaustion was taking over you, so you tiredly nodded your head. 

"Okay."

He let you go into your room, and he stood at the door. "Well, goodnight then," he said smiling warmly at you. "Ring me when you're ready tomorrow, however early, however late. We'll take the streets." 

You smiled back. "Thanks for everything, and alright I will. Good night." he left, and you shut and locked the door. You walked to your bed, clicked off the lights, and snuggled into the big, comfy duvet. Though it was warm, you had felt a small inner warmth disappear once Kiseop left. You hugged a pillow to your chest, and thought about your rapid day. Kiseop, Kiseop, Kiseop… was all that went through your mind. 

You smiled at the thoughts. Today, though awkward, was a good day. The butterflies in your stomach didn't let you sleep for awhile, but eventually your sleepiness got the best of you and you fell into a deep comfortable sleep, looking forward to the next day.

a/n: it's long, I know, and i'm really slow at updating. it's gonna be slower too, because i've started exam reviews. but i'll keep up guys! promise, thanks for all your love & support :) <3