It's been a long time - 8

It's been a long time

Taeyeon forgot how long she had been staring at the door when she saw Jessica left. Tears slowly fell down from her eyes, but she just kept silent. Her chest hurt, and no matter how many times she already felt the same kind of broken heart, but it still hurt. She thought she could hear Jessica’s voice from outside, but she could not trust her ear, maybe she was hallucinating.

Suddenly, someone knocked her door, startling Taeyeon, awaken her from her bad dream. She wiped her tears hurriedly and walked towards the door to open it. And she was surprised.

There was Jessica, in front of her. Jessica’s face was puffy and her tears was still flowing.

“I --- I am sorry, Taeyeon.”, Jessica managed to utter something in a whisper. It was so weak but Taeyeon could still hear it.

Taeyeon looked at her with confused face. “What’s going on?”

“I am so sorry.”, Jessica repeated, making Taeyeon even more confuse. “I am so sorry. Please don’t get mad.”

Taeyeon was about to hug Jessica when her phone in her hand started vibrating non-stop. She took a glance to her phone and found that lots of messages had flooded her phone. There were tons of message from her manager, then from her SNSD’s group chat, then from her other friends. Taeyeon slowly open one message from her manager and read the text that saying something like ‘what is this, Taeyeon’ and ‘is this true?’

Then there was a link there. Taeyeon gulped. Her thumb slowly click the link and she saw it. The news, about her and Jessica, flooding the internet everywhere.

Kim Taeyeon and her ex-member Jessica have a same- relationship?’

‘A source claimed that SNSD Taeyeon and Jessica Jung are lovers.’

‘Jessica Jung cheated on boyfriend with --- SNSD Kim Taeyeon????’

‘SNSD Taeyeon is gay! And have a relationship with her former member Jessica!’

Lots of their pictures walking together entered the hotel went viral, even there was a chat between them that the news claimed it was received by a reliable source.

Taeyeon’s hand were shaking. She could not believe it. Jessica did it. Taeyeon could not help another tears fell down. But her tears was not meant for pain or sadness, it was a happy tears.

Jessica finally chose her.

Taeyeon diverted her eyes to meet Jessica’s gaze, who were still staring at her. She found fear in Jessica’s eyes but this time her gaze was different, there was no sadness there, only love when Taeyeon saw her reflection in Jessica's brown eyes. Her heart beat faster and Taeyeon knew, this will be the new chapter for them, where she will fight everything together with Jessica.

Her phone ringing, her manager called. But Taeyeon just ignore it and instead, she moved and hugged Jessica tightly.

She hold Jessica so tight. Sniffing her hair, enjoying the warm of Jessica’s body, savoring the moment. Taeyeon closed her eyes and all she could see was rainbows and butterflies. She smiled. Relieved.

This felt unreal. Jessica was hers completely.

“I love you.”, Taeyeon said. That’s the only words that she managed to say, she could not even describe her feelings right now. It was too overwhelmed. Jessica took the big step, she took the risk, she faced her fear, for Taeyeon.

Jessica cried even harder when she welcomed Taeyeon’s embrace. She knew her life will change completely after she made the decision to choose Taeyeon. It was scary, but she believed that Taeyeon would be there for her, for them, so the word ‘us’ can exist for Taeyeon and her. 

“You’re not mad?”, Jessica asked in between her cry.

Taeyeon smiled again as she tighten her hug. “Of course not. Why would I? Now I can be sure that you’re mine.”

“Taeyeon ---“

“I am scared too. But don’t worry. We have each other and we will face this together.”, Taeyeon supplied, assuring. She broke the hug and wiped Jessica’s tears. She smiled, the first genuine happy smile Jessica ever seen from Taeyeon since a long time ago.

“I know.”, Jessica said, smiling back at Taeyeon with her drenched face. “I love you, Taenggo. This time, I am staying with you.”

Jessica promised herself, that she will not go away again from Taeyeon. She could not and she didn’t want to.

Taeyeon caressed Jessica’s cheek softly, then she moved and kissed Jessica on the lips. Treasuring the overwhelmed feelings she had with an action of love.

Their kisses was tender, not rush and not rough. They were enjoying the moment, finally can be freely feeling of falling in love this time.

It’s been a long time since Taeyeon and Jessica feel this happy. And they could not deny it, only with each other, they feel complete. Both of their phones ringing non-stop, it seemed everybody wanted to know what’s going on. But they didn’t care. Nothing else matters.

*****

Both Jessica and Taeyeon just lay in bed, cuddling. They didn’t have , just cuddling, cherishing every second of their time, pressing their body to feel the closeness as if they imprint their scent one to another.

They both looked at each other and Taeyeon tucked some of Jessica’s hair behind her ear. She smiled again.

“I love you. I love you so much.”, Taeyeon said, maybe for hundred times already. But Taeyeon could not help it. She was insanely in love with the ice princess and this time she can say it out loud.

Jessica giggled. Adoring one person she loved so much, looking back at her with eyes full of stars.

“What makes you did it?”, Taeyeon asked, she wanted to know and she needed to know the reason why Jessica finally brave herself to choose her, not to mention in quite extreme way.

“Because I am tired, Taeyeon. I love you and I want you in my life. I don’t want to deny this feelings anymore. I tried everything to wash away my feelings for you, but I ended up falling even more.”, Jessica replied, she tighten her hug on Taeyeon’s body and rested her head on Taeyeon’s chest. “I am sorry, Tae --- things became so – messy. I –“

“Don’t be.”, Taeyeon cut Jessica before she could finished her sentence. “I know we need to deal with a lot of stuff now. But – it’s all worth it. You are worth all of this mess.”, then she kissed Jessica’s crown.

“You’re mine now. My ice princess.”, Taeyeon mumbled while staring lovingly at Jessica.

Jessica nodded and kissed Taeyeon’s hand. “Only yours. I am Taenggo’s and will always be.”

“Oh !!!”, suddenly Taeyeon hit her own forehead. “Heize!!”

Jessica gasped. Right. The news about them dating broke all over internet and they completely forget about the existence of Taeyeon’s estrange girlfriend, Heize.

“You!”, Jessica slapped Taeyeon’s shoulder. “This is your fault. If you didn’t call her this morning like that, we wont be worried about this thing. You should end it in a good way Taeyeon and apologies to her. You already hurt her too much.”

Taeyeon nodded. “I will handle that. I am done being stupid and lean her on like this.”

Another ring can be heard from their phones. Since the news broke an hour ago, their phone just didn’t stop ringing and beeping. Taeyeon and Jessica realized that they received maybe 100 messages, but they just ignore it. Until a bang on Taeyeon’s door startled them. 

Jessica scoffed. “. That must be either your manager, or Tiffany.”

Taeyeon chuckled as she walked from the bedroom and opened the door. Jessica’s guess was right, even worse, Taeyeon’s manager, Jessica’s manager, along with Tiffany and Sooyoung just barged into Taeyeon’s apartment once the door was opened.

“What the hell???!?!?”, Taeyeon’s manager quickly yelled in front of Taeyeon’s face and her eyes almost fell out from his socket when he saw Jessica was there too.

“Jess!! What’s going on? What in the world – what ---“, Jessica’s manager seemed to have a lot of questions, but she just didn’t know which one to start with.

“Hey! How did you know I was here?”, Jessica asked, a bit irritated.

“He contacted me and asked me to meet him, immediately after the news flooded the internet. And yeah, we just figured you guys must be together. ”, Jessica’s manager pointed her finger to Taeyeon’s manager.

“How in the world someone has the pictures of you guys? I don’t even – “, Sooyoung chimed in, shaking her head.

“GUYS!!! WHAT ARE YOU THINKING?”, Tiffany added with her loud voice. “Do you know what the consequences is??? It can cost your career!!”

They all talked and shot questions at the same time and suddenly Taeyeon’s living room was fueled with anger and confusion.

“Guys!!! Please calm down. We will explain!!”, Taeyeon yelled to make all of them stop talking.

All eyes on Taeyeon and Jessica. They all wanted the same thing, demand of explanation.

“Alright, alright. We were having an affair. I was --- I cheated on Tyler, with Taeyeon.”, Jessica started. Their manager gasped, but Tiffany and Sooyoung just rolled their eyes since they already knew the story.

“I asked for a break-up but apparently Tyler knew about the affair, he blackmailed me and – “

“He threatened Sica he will disclose our pictures, chat and everything if Sica does not want to get back together with him – so ---“ Taeyeon supplied, continuing the story.

Tiffany quickly glared to Jessica. “So Jessi, this is because of you said no to Tyler and he leaked everything??!! I mean, why cant you be more patient and talk through this with us? Now the damage has been done and – Oh my God! I cant –“, Tiffany raised her hands, making surrender gesture.

“Sica – This is too --- too much. Tiffany’s right. You should talk about it first before you act.”, Sooyoung added.

“Hey don’t blame her.”, Taeyeon quickly defended her girlfriend. “I am not sorry because she did that. I am happy in fact. All my life, one thing that I’ve always wanted was for Jessica choosing me. And she did. And I will face this together with her.”

Jessica mentally smiled. She quickly hold Taeyeon’s hand and interlace their finger together. Taeyeon was right. They have each other and they were strong enough to pass this.

“Taeyeon!! Look, I know you love her and all.. But this is just --- so messy.”, Taeyeon’s manager shook his head. “I don’t even know how we deal with this. The CEO must be so mad right now.”

“okay!!”, Jessica’s manager clapped her hands, trying to calm everybody in the room. “first thing to do, damage control. How are we going to manage this? What is our approach? Any idea?”

“Issue a statement, deny it!!”, Sooyoung said. “There’s no way you guys will confirm it!! That’s just crazy.”

“We can say that the chat was fake. Then you guys just started to hanging out again.”, Taeyeon’s manager continued.

Jessica’s manager nodded her head. “I think the fans will love it when they know you both are in good terms. Jess, do you know if Tyler has more evidence?”

Jessica exhaled a long breath and shook her head. “I don’t know. But knowing how tricky he was, I am sure he still has more.”

“Let’s have a drink first.”, Tiffany’s sighed and quickly went to the kitchen and took out a bottle of wine. She poured for all of them and in the room and massaged her forehead.

 Jessica and Taeyeon sat on the couch, while their manager was still stressed out and they were pacing back and forth in front of their artist.

“Just – be silent.”, suddenly Taeyeon said.

“Huh? What?”, they all asked at the same time.

“Just don’t say or do anything. We do not deny it but we do not confirm it as well. Let’s see the response from the public first. I am pretty sure the fans loves it when they know we actually in a very good terms.”, Taeyeon continued.

“But ---“, Sooyoung butted in. “What about the contract with agency, concert, advertisement?? This things can ruin your public image.”

Taeyeon’s manager bent his eyebrows. “Hmm --- music station, tv station or advertisement companies sometimes make decision also based on how public responding to a scandal. Maybe, what Taeyeon said is not a bad idea afterall.”

“do we have any response from the public yet? Let see if any comments about this news.”, Jessica said slowly.

Taeyeon went to her bedroom and took her laptop. She took Jessica’s hand and hold it tight, preparing to see the response. This kind of news must broke the internet so quickly and for sure lots of people already talked about it.

“Ready? We’ll see whether our fans support us or not.”, Taeyeon said to Jessica.

________________________________

A/N : sorry it took me a long time to update this. I just recently moved to new office so it was quite overwhelming and need time for adjustment. Anyway, hopefully there are still some people who read the update :p thank you! :)