It's been a long time - 2

It's been a long time

A/N: okay. I decided to make a sequel. But maybe not much, only have 1 or 2 more chapters. Hope you enjoy :)

-------------------

“Jess…. Will go you there already?”, Krystal asked in English with a very annoyed tone.

Jessica sighed and she just kept quiet. It has been 30 minutes Jessica stayed inside her car with Krystal, in front of KBS building where Taeyeon will sing her new comeback song for her promotion.

“I ---- Do you think this is a good idea? Or – ugh, maybe we should just go home.”, Jessica groaned. She shook her head but after that her eyes came back to stare at the building.

“Oh my God Unnie, are you kidding me? This is your idea and we have wasted like half in hour here.”, Krystal rolled her eyes, then she leaned back to her seat and played with her phone.

Since Taeyeon came and meet her at Clareau, Jessica could not stop thinking about the kiss. She tried hard, but she failed miserably. The kiss haunted her, when she got up from the bed, before she went to sleep, even when she was with her boyfriend, she still could feel Taeyeon’s lips on hers. When she saw the news that Taeyeon will be having a new comeback song, she thought of congratulate Taeyeon over the phone or maybe a text. But her heart told her differently and now there she was, chasing Taeyeon to KBS building and hoping for… Jessica didn’t even know what she was hoping. She just wanted to see Taeyeon.

“What should I say to her? What if she got angry? What if she kicks me out from the waiting room? What if ---“

“She won’t!”, Krystal cut her, frustrated of her sister being a coward.

“This is Taeyeon we are talking about. Don’t you remember what she’s like???”, Jessica exclaimed.

“Unnie ---“, Krystal let out a sigh. “I don’t think she is that mean. Plus, this is her comeback, she won’t dare to make a scene on the building.”

“You have to come with me.”

Krystal’ eyes grew wider. “What?? No!! Don’t drag me into this.”

“Come on, Soojung.”, Jessica whined.  “Please --- I really need you, I cant do this alone.”

******

After arguing back and forth with her lovely little sister, finally Krystal gave up and let herself got dragged by Jessica to enter KBS building. Both of them covered themselves perfectly, with scarf and masked as well as hat. But to be able to go into Taeyeon’s waiting room, Jessica had no choice to reveal herself to one of the old staff there who she knew well, saying that she wanted to meet Taeyeon in private and she hoped the staff won’t make a big headline about that.

Now Jessica was facing the door of Taeyeon’s waiting room. She exhaled a long breath.  Jessica’s mind wander, what was Taeyeon doing inside there? She probably playing with her phone, or eating.

“Unnie?”, Jessica startled when Krystal nudge her elbow, signaling her to knock the door. Seeing her sister did nothing other than just being a statue, Krystal took the initiative and knock the door.

“Come in.”

Jessica could hear Taeyeon’s voice from inside. An uncomfortable feelings in her stomach started to appear. She was nervous beyond everything. She was not ready to do this now. She was not ready.

“Soojung, wait – I “

Jessica tried to postpone it a little bit more, but even before she could say anything, Krystal had grew impatient and already turned the door knob and pushed the door. Revealing themselves to the leader of Girls’ Generation. She was alone and eating her food.

 Jessica’s mind went blank and her eyes meet with Taeyeon’s eyes, which almost fell from its socket. Taeyeon’s mouth slightly hung open and she quickly dropped the food from her hand. Jessica could not even uttered a word, her hands started to sweat. They just stare each other in silence. Jessica was ready to run away, but she could not. Her feet just glued to the floor.  

Seeing the awkwardness in the room, Krystal cleared and made a little wave with her hand to Taeyeon.

“Hi Taeyeon Unnie! Long time no see. Congratulations on your comeback.”, Krystal chirped.

Hearing Krystal’s cheerful greeting awaken Taeyeon. She shifted her gaze to Krystal and quickly smiled. “Ah, ne. Thank you, Soojungie.”

Jessica’s heart felt weird when Taeyeon called Krystal with that name. Sounded really comforting, familiar and reminded Jessica on how close Taeyeon to her sister before. Taeyeon always called her sister with her Korean name since Krystal was a kid. Taeyeon always fond of Krystal because Krystal was her little sister.

“Uh – what brings you guys here?”, Taeyeon asked, she tried so hard to maintain her poker face.

Jessica gulped. When Jessica still didn’t say anything, Taeyeon sighed, making a hand gesture where the sisters could come in. “Well – come inside – you guys can sit here in the sofa.”

Krystal walked first to the couch and Jessica trailed her from behind. Jessica took a glance at Taeyeon. Taeyeon looked so pretty and cute at the same time, dashing with her comeback outfit. Jessica cursed herself at the thought that she really wanted to jump on Taeyeon, gave the singer a big hug and kissed her forehead, like she used to whenever she felt so proud of Taeyeon.

“So, Taeyeon unnie..I see you are eating, sorry to disturb you so sudden. You can finish your food.”, Krystal took a glance on the food at the table, trying to make the conversation with Taeyeon. 

“Ah. It’s fine. I am full already.”, Taeyeon replied groggily, then she walked to the other table to grab a water.

Krystal, once again, nudge Jessica’s elbow when both of them sat on couch. “Talk to her!”, she whispered.

“Taeyeon --- uhhh – congratulations on your comeback. I’ve heard the song and I like it. No, I love it.”, Jessica finally spoke.

Taeyeon halted her step when she heard Jessica finally talking. She turned her head and just stare at Jessica. Her heart was thumping non-stop since she saw Jessica stood there at the door. What the hell is Jessica doing here? What does she want? Taeyeon could not figure out what she was feeling right now, she was happy or she was angry? But seeing Jessica, this close to her, come there for her, clearly made her leg weak.

Taeyeon walked back to the couch and opted to sit facing Jessica, completely forgot about the water bottle she wanted to take. She hated this, she hated it when Jessica did nice things to her like this. But her Jessica looked so…Jessica, and Taeyeon still loved every part of her.

“Why are you here?”, Taeyeon asked in a boring tone.

“I honestly don’t know.”, Jessica replied. In all her honesty. “By the way, you look so …. You look gorgeous.”

Jessica just voiced what she saw. But she quickly realized that the compliment may be too much and she lowered her head, embarrassed.  

“Thank you… I guess..”, Taeyeon responded. She hoped that Jessica will not notice that she was blushed. “Well, okay if there nothing else then –“

“I wanted to see you.”, Jessica spoke again, now lifted up her head, daring herself to face Taeyeon.

Taeyeon narrowed her eyes. Even without full and heavy make up that attached in Taeyeon’s face, Jessica could see her loneliness. The real face of Taeyeon she knew and she always admired.

“You should not be here.”, Taeyeon said, with her sharp and stern voice, like usual. She needed to get rid of Jessica right away, before her heart melt further after she heard that Jessica came simply because she wanted to see her.

“Uh --- I’ll be outside. I think I want to greet the youngsters.”, Krystal stood up, feeling awkward in between the ex-lovers.  But Jessica grabbed her wrist quickly, gave her a pleading look as if saying that ‘don’t leave me here alone with Taeyeon’.

“Yeah, Krystal – you can – uh you can stay here. You guys won’t be long, right?”, Taeyeon forced a smile. But Krystal knew better, she shook her head then let go of her wrist from Jessica’s, walked out from the waiting room.

Taeyeon and Jessica fell into another awkward silence once Krystal already left the room.

“Why do you want to see me?”, Taeyeon asked again.

“I – I don’t know. I just am. Do I need a reason to see you?”

“Yes, you are!”, Taeyeon exclaimed. She could not even think why on earth Jessica had to come here and ruin her day? Either ruin her day or make her day? Taeyeon could not decide. “I don’t need you to come here. Please Sica, don’t make this harder for me. Just go home, okay.”

“Why do you keep pushing me away?”, Jessica howled, she stared at Taeyeon. It was getting frustrated because it was always like this. She will tried to get closer and Taeyeon will take step backwards.

“You know why!”

“I want everything between us go back to normal.”, Jessica had to try, at least telling Taeyeon what she wanted.

“We cant, okay! How many times I had to tell you, we can’t. I can’t. Stop forcing me to do something that I could not do!”, Taeyeon grumbled. She stood up quickly from the couch and took a bottle of water. Calming her nerves. Jessica was really annoying. Annoying because she could not just let it go.

“Just let it go, Sica. Please…let it go.”, Taeyeon added, her voice started to tremble.

“I can’t stop thinking about you.”, Jessica said. And within seconds she regretted it, why that words must slipped out from her lips.

Taeyeon rolled her eyes. She was angry. What was Jessica trying to say? Taeyeon didn’t want her heart got burned again, she didn’t want to feel the crack again. It was enough. She didn’t need to hear anything from Jessica that could make her hope rose up.

 “What do you want???”, Taeyeon ended up raising her tone to Jessica, letting out her frustration.

“I just --- you – I –“, Jessica was stuttered, her whole words stuck in . Jessica herself didn’t actually know what she wanted.

“Whaatttt?”, Taeyeon asked again impatiently.

Suddenly Jessica grabbed Taeyeon’s hand. The touch made Taeyeon froze. Jessica’s touch, it was always warm like she can remembers. Taeyeon was unable to yank the hands away. And Jessica didn’t let go. Jessica never wanted to let Taeyeon go.

“I can’t. I can’t let it go.”, Jessica pleaded, saying something that she always denied. She never cant let go that’s the truth. She gave her life to someone else, but never her heart. It always belonged to Taeyeon.

Taeyeon gave a soft stare at her. And within seconds, Jessica could felt Taeyeon’s lips against hers. Pressing her lips and kissing her like there is no tomorrow. Jessica thought she was thrown into the past, where she could feel Taeyeon’s lips whenever she wanted in between practices, in the morning, before she went to bed, between concerts. Their tongue collided and Taeyeon has pushed Jessica until Jessica fell on the couch, when she snapped and realized that this was a mistake, shoving her tongue into Jessica’s mouth was a dangerous move.   

Taeyeon quickly withdrew herself, she found Jessica frowned, clearly disappointed. “. Sica. We can’t do this.”

Jessica just stare at her. She didn’t want to stop. Being close to Taeyeon was all she wanted.

“You did let go. Twice. When you broke up with me and when you chose to leave the group for your business. You have chosen the life you have right now!”, Taeyeon stare back at Jessica. “I am sorry if I kissed you. But that is it. I don’t need this anymore. Forget about what happened..”

“How can I forget it when I still ---“, Jessica paused. She was really this close to blurt it out about her feelings to Taeyeon.

“What?”, Taeyeon asked, she raised a brow.

“I still love you, Taenggo.”, Jessica decided to say it with her low voice, almost sounded like a whisper. She could not hold it any longer. Seeing Taeyeon made everything harder to keep her feelings hidden.   

Hearing the name that Jessica used to call her made Taeyeon’s heart warm in a weird way. She did like it. But maybe it didn’t mean anything for now.

Taeyeon let out a chuckle, a weary one. “Does it matter?”

“W-what?”, Jessica’s mouth hung open, not expecting Taeyeon’s response to be this cold. Taeyeon’s behaviour always leave a question for Jessica. Sometimes Taeyeon was romantic and bold, then after that she became cold again. One second Taeyeon put her tongue inside Jessica’s mouth, seconds after she pushed Jessica away like she used to.  Taeyeon was successfully made her confuse. What does Taeyeon trying to do?  

“I’ll find Krystal. You should go home.”

******

 Taeyeon broke down and her mind turned into a chaos. The first person she contacted once Jessica was out from the waiting room was, for sure, Tiffany.

“Fany-ah.. Jessica --- Jessica was here.”

“WHAT?”, Tiffany’s megaphone voice was heard on the other line.

“She was – uh we – God damn it!! We kissed! Well – I kissed her and she told me she still love me – This is too much, Fany-ah.. I don’t – I—“, Taeyeon was blabbering whatever she wanted to say, but she could not even structured her sentence properly. Too many feelings at the same time.

“Tae, breath.”, Tiffany said, tried to calm Taeyeon. “Slowly. Tell me what happened, slowly okay?”

Taeyeon took a deep breath, then she drank some water. She closed her eyes to compose herself. Then she told the story about what happened to Tiffany, including when she went to Jessica’s restaurant. Both meetings, she ended up kissing Jessica.

“Tae ---“, Tiffany lowered her voice. “Don’t do this to yourself.”

“I can’t help it. I tried to forget her, I am so tired of missing her. But when I met her again, everything just --- fallen apart..”

“It was wrong for Jessica to tell you that she still loves you. You guys are not at the same place anymore. You know what, you are still not ready. You do not need to contact her again if it helps. You need to let her go.”, Tiffany said.

“I don’t want her messing with my heart again, Fany-ah.”, Taeyeon tried to find solace, a help from Tiffany. Although she knew, nobody could really help her forget about Jessica.

Tiffany sighed. “I will come to your place tonight, okay.”

******

Jessica got panicked. The kiss was not supposed to happen, again! The kisses, the meetings with Taeyeon, everything was a mistake. She should not come at the first place. She knew what happened just hurting Taeyeon more, and also hurting herself.

“Unnie, are you okay? You didn’t say anything and spacing out since we went home.”, Krystal asked, she brought wine out from kitchen and pour it some for Jessica.

“We kissed. Again. Oh My God, Krystal. What did I do?”, Jessica put both of her hands, buried her face in her own palm, venting out her regret.

Krystal’s eyes widened.

“And the worst thing was, I told her I still love her.”, Jessica mumbled.

“What?? Why did you say that???”

Jessica shook her head few times. “I don’t know. I don’t know. I just --- It’s how I feel.”

“Unnie!!”, Krystal voiced her disapproval. “You should not. You ---“

“I know, Soojung. I know there are one thousand reasons why that was wrong, okay?!.”, Jessica cut her. She didn’t need Krystal reminded her that it was clearly a mistake.

“Jess, you broke up with her for a reason. And it was a long time ago already. You already have a life that you always wanted now. Don’t ruin what you have now.” Krystal supplied again, she sipped her wine slowly.

Jessica’s mind wandering. Yes what Krystal said was true. She has everything that she wanted, a successful business, a family that always support her and a wonderful boyfriend who always by her side. She’s happy. But was she feeling complete? When she met Taeyeon, the feeling was unexplainable. There was a different kind of happiness, a passion, like a teenager in love. When she met Taeyeon’s gaze, her heart screamed that it wanted to stay with Taeyeon, it refused to let go. With Taeyeon, Jessica found her true self again.  

“You need to let her be happy, Unnie. Don’t hold her back.”

“Call me selfish, but --- I don’t want to let her go.”

Even Jessica herself could not believe herself when she muttered that words. But she knew she should not have that thought. It was indeed selfish. She had chosen her path, and she should not made Taeyeon confused. But now, even herself was confused.

“Don’t be selfish. You will end up hurting yourself and Taeyeon unnie. You did it once and you should not do it again.”

“I love her. I still love her.”, Jessica mumbled to herself, repeating the words as if it was a mantra.

“Unnie, what about Tyler oppa?”

Jessica startled as the reality hit her. She really forgot about him. And Jessica once more cursed herself, yeah what about him??