It's been a long time - 6

It's been a long time

It was already midnight. Taeyeon and her girlfriend were enjoying each other company in bed, in heat. They were kissing, touching, groping, basically whatever they could do which soon will lead into . But there was one problem, Taeyeon’s mind. It was full of Jessica, her face, her touch, her kiss, her body. It was so disturbing for Taeyeon when she was supposed to enjoy what Heize did to her now.

It was indeed the worst decision she made when she asked Jessica out the other night. Now everything was about Jessica in her head. Jessica was single now. She had a chance to win Jessica back, and clearly Jessica still wanted her as she tried to kiss her that night. But Jessica broke up with her before because she was scared of being in the same- relationship, she didn’t want to ruin her career. Jessica may wanted her, but does Jessica could change her mind about being in a relationship with a woman?

Taeyeon didn’t want to waste her time again, only to be trapped in a relationship which going nowhere with Jessica. She had someone new, but she was not Jessica and at times, she wished the woman is Jessica. That thought kept ringing in her head and God, Taeyeon hated it.

‘Uuh – baby –“ Taeyeon suddenly stopped kissing her girlfriend.

Heize looked at her and frowned. Confuse why Taeyeon suddenly stop in the middle of making out. “Something wrong?”

“Can we just --- cuddle?”, Taeyeon asked, tried to find any reason so they would stop making out.

“Huh? Why?”, Heize clearly not amused.

“I – I just ---“, Taeyeon spluttered. Her mind scrambling to find another reason. “I am just – too tired. And I just want to be cuddled by you.”

Taeyeon thought it would make sense. For this past days, her practice for her next coming concert was beginning to get intense. It would believable when she told Heize that she was tired.

Heize let out a small sigh. She was disappointed, but she tried to understand the situation. She was not sure Taeyeon told her the truth, but Taeyeon indeed looked a bit tired and Heize knew Taeyeon practice schedules were getting often and often near her concert day.

Heize got off Taeyeon's lap and sat beside Taeyeon. She quickly held Taeyeon, kissing her forehead trying to wash Taeyeon’s exhaustion.

Taeyeon closed her eyes, and Jessica’s smile appeared again.

God! I am such a bad girlfriend!”, Taeyeon cursed herself in her head. Not only she failed to get rid Jessica from her mind while she was making out with her girlfriend, but she realized that she had been emotionally unfaithful, to Heize.

*****

On the other part of Seoul, Jessica almost lost her patience with Tyler, who called her thousand times and ended up banging her apartment door nonstop until Jessica gave up and let him in.

And now she was, trapped in her living room with her ex-boyfriend. He was begging, crying, did everything to win Jessica back. It was already 2 hours, Jessica had already say no, but Tyler still didn’t give up.

“Jess. Please, please forgive me. I didn’t mean what I said. I was really crazy about you when I met you. I even think it was love at the first sight. I just --- I just wanted to hurt you so that words came out.”

Jessica just stared at Tyler, who was on his knee, begging.

“Look, Tyler – It doesn’t matter now. Our relationship is beyond damage. I cheated on you and you cheated on me. There is no trust anymore between us.”, Jessica reasoned as she let out  a heavy sigh.

“I did that because I was hurt. I cant stand to see you in her arms and I want you to feel the pain that I feel. But now we can put that all behind us, you know --- start again. Just you and me. I don’t want to throw this precious relationship away just because of that.”, Tyler voice sounded so desperate now.

Jessica shook her head. “Please, Tyler. I don’t want to do this anymore. We hurt each other already, okay.”

“What does she have that I don’t have?”, Tyler asked again, pressing Jessica.

“Nothing! But I love her!!”, Jessica snapped, she just wanted to stop Tyler from begging further.

Tyler’s mouth was agape hearing that, then he hung his head down, swallowing. It was too much. Jessica loved her, he lost to Taeyeon. Last chance, he will throw his final weapon if that’s the case.

Tyler finally stood up and Jessica looked relief, thinking that Tyler had given up finally.  

Tyler now looked at her with his fierce eyes. Ready to battle. “Okay then. If you still on your decision to break it off with me, I will tell the media – no, I will tell the world that you and Taeyeon had a relationship. I have proof with me. I will ruin you career and her career. Is that what you want?”

Hearing the threat, Jessica gawked at Tyler in disbelief. Her heart dropped. This was something that she had always afraid of. Being exposed, having a relationship with a woman. And what about Taeyeon, she was also in the peak of her career as a solo singer. She could not do that to Taeyeon.

She was scared, but she just stared back at Tyler. Tyler smiled in victory, seeing fear in Jessica’s eyes.

“Pictures are easy to deny.”, Jessica said, trying to sound calm. “So what if two woman went to hotel? It could be nothing.”

Tyler smirked. “I have more than that. I have your chat with her.”

“What?????”, Jessica’s eyes widened. Did Tyler hack her phone? Or he simply opened her phone while she was not around?

“I told you I have my ways. And believe me, even if you both deny it, it would cause a stir, big headlines, big news everywhere and your and her career will be at stake.”, Tyler warned again.

“You wont do that.”, Jessica glared.

Tyler snorted. “Try me.”

Tyler turned around his body when he walked to the door. “Think about it wisely, Jess. We are talking about your career and your life here.”, he said before he open the door and left the apartment

******

“What??? He blackmailing you like that??”, Krystal gasped when Jessica told her about her fight with her ex-boyfriend the next day.

Jessica shrugged her shoulder. But her mind was actually chaotic and full of fear. Her world would be over if Tyler really do that.

“OMG. How come he could be such a jerk?”, Krystal hissed. “What did you say?”

“I didn’t say anything. I don’t know what to say, Soojung! And I don’t know what to do. I will be damned if he did that. And Taeyeon --- I cant do that to her. She doesn’t deserve that.”, Jessica vent out her frustration to Krystal. They were talking in Jessica’s room and all Jessica could do was pacing back and forth.

But it was not fair. Jessica for sure didn’t want to get back together with Tyler. But what happen if she refused and Tyler went on to spread the news about her relationship with Taeyeon? Jessica could not even start to imagine how her life would be if that happen.

Jessica was not finished her grumbling when suddenly her phone ringing. She squinted her brows as she found Yoona’s name there. If her favorite dongsaeng was calling, there must be something happened. Otherwise she would just text.

Yeoboseo.”

Sica Unnie – Where are you?”, Yoona’s voice sound a little bit panic.  

I am home, Yoong. Why? Something wrong?”

Can you come to Taeyeon unnie house? She – uuh – she was sick.”

Hearing Taeyeon’s name being mentioned, Jessica’s ear alerted.

She had a really high fever, Unnie. We already gave her medicine from the doctor. I think she was half conscious now. But – she ---   she was babbling and kept calling your name.”

What????

Jessica's brain was immediately filled with various thoughts and a million questions. Why would Taeyeon calling her name? But sensing the panic in Yoona’s voice and the fact that Taeyeon had a high fever, until she was raving unintelligibly sounded really bad.

“Alright. I am coming. Wait for me there.”

Jessica didn’t think twice. She hung up the phone and quickly grabbed her car key. There was no time for her to think about Tyler now. She needed to see Taeyeon.

*****

Jessica arrived at Taeyeon’s place about 20 minutes later after she drove her car as fast as she could. She was welcomed by Yoona and Tiffany, who apparently already there to take care of Taeyeon. When she arrived, Taeyeon was already asleep.

Jessica walked towards Taeyeon’s room and sat on the edge of the bed. She smiled at the sight, Taeyeon looked so peaceful when she curled up in bed, like a sick 5-year old kid. Jessica put her palm on Taeyeon’s forehead and could immediately feel how hot her body was. Taeyeon’s fever was really high, she must have feel cold, curled up and covered herself with blankets.

Jessica Taeyeon’s hair that covered her face and then brushed her palm on Taeyeon’s cheek. Taeyeon looked so pale. She gave a light kiss on Taeyeon’s forehead, hoping it would take the fever away.

“You better stay here. If she wakes up, she will look for you.”

Tiffany’s voice can be heard. Jessica turned her head and found Tiffany was standing right at the door. Jessica smiled and stood up from the bed. The American girls walked out from the bedroom to plopped themselves on the couch in Taeyeon’s living room. Yoona was there as well, munching some foods she took from Taeyeon’s kitchen.

“I think she got too tired. Her rehearsal schedules for her concert is getting crazier. I also think she stressed out about a lot other things lately.”, Tiffany said, explaining why Taeyeon fell sick. “Anyway, thank you for coming.”

Jessica nodded. “Anything for her.”

Yoona let out a small chuckle. “Omg Unnie. You sound so cheesy. Really? Anything for Taeyeon unnie?”

Jessica laughed softly, amused that Yoona still managed to make a joke about her and Taeyeon. But then she remembered something. “Wait. Where’s her girlfriend? Does she know Taeyeon is sick?”

Tiffany sighed. “Well, she was here to take care of Taeyeon. But the fever got worse, then – well yeah – I think the medicine and her fever made her half conscious and that idiot started calling your name in her unconscious state.”

“Oh --- .”, Jessica automatically cursed. Half of her feeling happy because it was her who Taeyeon remembered in her slumber state,  but the other half was feel bad for Heize. It must be so sad and infuriating hearing Taeyeon calling somebody else’s name in her sleep.

“She called me and told me to come. Then she just asked me to take care of Taeyeon because Taeyeon kept mumbling your name and she – I feel bad for her actually. Can you imagine her feeling?”, Tiffany supplied.

“Fany – don’t make me feel worse than I already am. I swear to God nothing –“, Jessica was ready to defense herself, but Tiffany cut her.

“I know, Jessi. I don’t blame you. The problem is with Taeyeon. She was not over you, clearly.”

“Heize did say that she had her suspicion on Taeyeon unnie about you. But Taeyeon unnie never said anything so --- I think now she got her confirmation.“, Yoona chimed in.

Jessica just kept quiet. She didn’t know how to process. Tiffany said Taeyeon was not over her, it was a confirmation if Tiffany who said it.

“Look, Jessi.”, Tiffany put her hand on top of Jessica’s hand. “I know you guys still love each other. But I don’t know whether --- Uh, I just don’t want to see Taeyeon get hurt. I want her to be happy.”

Jessica lowered her head. Her mind again filled with questions. Would she able to make Taeyeon happy, does she can promise to herself not hurting Taeyeon just like Tiffany requested? With the situation now, with Tyler blackmailing her, it seemed hard to give those two things to Taeyeon. She didn’t know what to do. It was all mixed up. Jessica didn’t dare to raise her head up to meet Tiffany’s eyes, afraid that Tiffany would find a doubt in her eyes.  

“I --- excuse me. I need to use the washroom.”, Jessica reasoned and quickly stood up from the couch, walking towards the toilet, so she didn’t need to be stuck in this conversation any longer.

Tiffany and Yoona exchanging glances. Yoona shrugged her shoulder. “They need to sort out their problem.”

Tiffany sighed. “I am not sure about Jessi. Yes she still love Taeyeon, we could see it. But --- not to hurt Taeyeon? I am not sure.”

“Have a little faith in her, Unnie.”, Yoona said nonchalantly while keep munching her snack.

“Sica??”

Suddenly Taeyeon’s figure showed up in front of the door room. Tiffany and Yoona deliberately left Taeyeon's bedroom door open, so they could keep an eye on Taeyeon’s condition and just in case Taeyeon needed something.

Tiffany smiled, seeing Taeyeon had already woke up. “ You feeling better?”

Taeyeon rubbed her eyes with her hand, clearly still half asleep and tried to wake up completely. “I thought I heard Jessica’s voice here. But --- “, she paused as she looked around her living room but didn’t find Jessica.

Taeyeon chuckled bitterly and scratch the back of her head. “Maybe I was dreaming.”

“Taenggo, you’re awake!”

A soft voice startled Taeyeon. The voice that belonged to someone she thought it was a dream. Taeyeon looked to the right and found Jessica already standing there. She's real, and she's smiling happily. A smile that made Taeyeon immediately feel better.

“Am I still dreaming or what?”, Taeyeon unconsciously mumbled to herself.

Jessica walked towards Taeyeon, closing the gap between them and hugged her. “Thank God. I am so worried. How’s the fever?”

Jessica quickly put her palm on Taeyeon’s forehead, and then she frowned. Taeyeon’s mouth was still hanging open, she thought she was still dreaming.

“Ah, it’s still quite hot.”, a frown quickly formed in Jessica’s face. “You should rest, Taeyeon. Your fever is still high.”

“You --- you’re here.”, Taeyeon said, she was actually asking to no-one. It was just an expression of disbelief that Jessica was here for her.

Jessica chuckled. “Yes. I am here.”

“How –“

“You kept calling her name, Unnie. So we called her to come.”, Yoona interrupted, then she laughed in a teasing tone.

Taeyeon could felt the heat on her face, a different heat and not the one from the fever. She had no idea that her unconscious self really longing for Jessica.  She was so embarrassed. When she got better, she needed to remind herself to kill Yoona for exposing her like that in front of Jessica.

“You need anything?”, Jessica’s asked as she rubbed Taeyeon’s shoulder.

“I ---  I want water.”, Taeyeon stuttered. She felt became dry suddenly. 

“I will take it for you. You just wait in the bedroom, okay?”, Jessica smiled and quickly went to the kitchen.

Taeyeon sent a death glare to Tiffany and Yoona but the two just gave her a teasing look and giggled.

“Okaay. Now that your babysitter is here, we better off. Let’s go home, Yoong.”, Tiffany said, as she stood up from her seat and started gathering her belongings.

“Wait? You’re gonna leave me with her?”, Taeyeon asked. The idea of spending time just with Jessica made her heart pounding. She was nervous. Only the two of them, alone in an apartment.

“Oh come on, Unnie. She will take care of you. I am so sleepy I want to sleep.”, Yoona whined.

“You can sleep here.”, Taeyeon exclaimed.

“We don’t bring any clothes.”, Tiffany replied.

“I have clot –“

“Here’s your water, Tae.”, Jessica already came back with a warm water in a glass. “Eh, where you guys going?”, she asked Tiffany and Yoona who already prepared to leave.

“Yeah. You’re here, Jessi. So I believe Taeyeon will be okay.”, Tiffany winked at Jessica.

“Get well soon, Unnie.”, Yoona hugged Taeyeon and Tiffany followed afterwards. She gave a quick peck on Taeyeon’s cheek before both of them walked towards the door and leave.

Taeyeon and Jessica stared at each other, their eyes locked. Jessica could feel that she blushed, being stared by Taeyeon like that. She quickly moved to Taeyeon and guided her back to the bedroom.

“Do you want anything? Are you hungry?”, Jessica asked again when Taeyeon already back on her bed.

Taeyeon shook her head. “I just need you here.”, she slurred. Then she remembered something and quickly grabbed her phone. She was sure that her girlfriend was here before, taking care of her. Where was she now? Why ----

Taeyeon’s thought about Heize halted when she saw Heize’s message on her phone and she instantly went limp when reading the text.

‘Taeyeon, I am so sorry but I don’t think I can do this anymore. I cant be with someone who are still has emotional baggage and still not over her past. I know there must be a story between you and Jessica unnie eventhough you never tell me. You were mumbling her name, it was her name you were calling when you were unconscious due to your high fever. So --- I am so sorry. Actually I don’t want to do this over text but I just could not stand anymore. Get well soon, my love. See you around.’

 Taeyeon let out a loud sigh. She ran out of words to herself. She was calling Jessica’s name, when her girlfriend was there for her!! Taeyeon wanted to cry, she hurt Heize, eventhough she didn’t do it intentionally, but she could imagine how Heize was feeling when that happened.

“Something wrong?”, Jessica asked.

“Uh ---“, Taeyeon smiled wearily, staring at her phone “ It’s – It’s Heize. She – uh.. she ended things with me because you know --- she heard me calling your name.”

“Oh, Taeyeon. I am so sorry – I –“

“It’s okay. It was because of me. I --- ”, Taeyeon cut her. “She doesn’t deserve me. She is a really nice girl and she deserves better.”, she continued sadly.

“Everything will be fine, Taenggo.”, Jessica said as she caressed Taeyeon’s head with her hand and smiled softly at her.

Taeyeon melted. With Jessica’s presence, nothing else matters.

“You will sleep beside me, right?”, Taeyeon asked, but there was a desperation in her voice as her eyes gave a pleading look.

Jessica nodded. “You don’t mind if I borrow your pajamas?”

It was Taeyeon’s turn to nod as a response. Jessica went towards the cupboard and found some sleep attire. She changed herself in the bathroom inside Taeyeon’s room and she was stunned. A toothbrush that she used when they were having their affair was still there. Jessica chuckled, thinking how odd to come back here, in the same bed room but only to take care of a sick Taeyeon. 

She approach the bed after she done refreshing herself. Then she hopped on the bed, lay besides Taeyeon. They were staring at each other, again. Just enjoying the moment.

“You need to take care of your health. Why did you always --- always so careless about yourself?”, Jessica scolded and frowned.

“Nobody is taking care of me.”, Taeyeon pouted.

“Well, your girlfriend is taking care of you but instead you calling someone else’s name.”, Jessica teased, unintentionally. Then she quickly realized what she said and blushed. But she mentally smiled when she saw there was a rose tint in Taeyeon’s cheek as well.

“Only you who can understand me.”, Taeyeon dared herself to flirt.

“Oh even when you’re sick you still cheesy.”, Jessica smiled and she touched Taeyeon’s nose with her finger. Making Taeyeon scrunching her nose with a big smile on her face.

“Will you still be here when I wake up?”, Taeyeon asked again, there was hope drawn in her eyes.

Jessica swallowed. For some reason, from the way Taeyeon asked her, staying here seems to have a different meaning to Taeyeon. The issue with Tyler creeped again in her mind, her fear, her confusion. She could not let him hurt Taeyeon. To stay with Taeyeon -- it scared her. 

Jessica cupped Taeyeon’s cheek with her hand and she kissed Taeyeon’s forehead. She didn’t say anything, she would not say a promise if she can’t keep it. 

“Goodnight, Taenggo. Let’s sleep.”

*****

When Taeyeon awake the next day, she jumped on the bed quickly to check whether Jessica was still around. She had hope that Jessica would stay. But when she turned her head, the bed was empty, only left with Jessica’s scent.

Taeyeon chuckled bitterly. Why she even hoped that Jessica would stay? She never stayed, like she used to. Why she thought now would be different?

But how stupid she was, to still want to check outside the bedroom. Hoping maybe she will find Jessica in the living room. Taeyeon tried to bury her hope, but she could not help to wonder, did Jessica really leave?

--------------------

A/N: now it's Jessica's turn to take care of Taeyeon :p I initially just wanted to make this story in 3-4 chapters. But dunno why it becomes more than that, maybe I do enjoy writing about Taengsic than i thought i would be :p Anyway, hope you guys enjoy this chapter.