Everything as it should be

Watercolors in the rain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

5 years had passed and Yongsun build a community center for Moonbyul.

The brown-haired girl had graduated as a social assistant and she was working for the government and running the place the lawyer had given her.

The center had different sectors to help homeless people to learn a profession and be fed and have a shelter, support to women who suffered any type of abuse and there was a special program focused on children and their needs.

Yongsun's friends volunteered to work pro bono once a week. So the people in need had law advice too.

Wheein, who had become a famous plastic artist, was teaching art at the community center twice a week.

Hyejin, who was now Yongsun's partner at the firm, was also helping Moonbyul with the bureaucratic part of the place.

Yongsun's reputation as an attorney had grown a lot year after year and the stunning 36-year-old woman had denied several offers to join powerful companies and even get into politics.

The blonde was more than satisfied with her bank account and all the donation she could get from clients to the community center.

Wheein and Hyejin had gotten great job opportunities abroad too. However, none of them could imagine life far from their unnies.

Although Moonbyul was a workaholic, the 27-year-old social assistant would always find time to be with her small family.

The four women had made a promise years before and they dedicated themselves to keep it.

No matter how booked their schedule was, they would get back home to have dinner together.

That year, they celebrated not only Wheein's 24th birthday but also her 6th healthy year. 

The cute girl continued having check-ups and thankfully the disease never got back.

On December 21st, the plastic artist did an art exhibition in the most prestigious gallery from Seul and it got the attention of the press and a lot of celebrities paid a visit.

The name of the exhibition was Watercolors in the rain and Wheein wrote a poem about her childhood along Moonbyul and that was displayed in huge letters on one of the walls.

There was also a sculpture of two children holding each other to keep warm. But they were smiling.

Moonbyul cried when she walked around the place and saw all Wheein's pieces.

The brown-haired social assistant tried to hide in an empty room but Yongsun followed her.

Touching the taller woman, the lawyer spoke softly:

_____ You don't need to feel embarrassed for crying. This journey...Wheein's journey is yours too, Byul-ah. It's understandable that it still hurts.

Wiping her face, the younger one turned around and smiled.

_____ It doesn't hurt anymore. I'm just so proud of her. She's an amazing woman! So talented and generous. Today should be just about her. It's her moment.

_____ But don't you get it? She is who she is because she had you. And you are who you are because you had her. Wheein obviously wanted to give you a special birthday present. But it wouldn't be a surprise if she did it tomorrow. This is her love letter, her party, her symbolic tattoo for you.____ Yongsun cupped Moonbyul's cheeks and kissed her forehead.

The handsome girl crossed her arms around her lover's shoulders and gave a peck on her lips.

_____ Here you are! I knew the teens would find a place to hide and make out. Come. Wheein's speech is about to start._____ Hyejin spoke and laughed.

The couple laughed along and followed the beautiful brunette.

____ x ____

The four women spent the whole Christmas Eve at the community center while distributing clothes, shoes, and toys. 

They also joined a group and drove around the city to feed the homeless and tried to take them to a shelter if they accepted it.

It was past 11 when they got back home.

The two couples went separate ways and Yongsun got into the shower with Moonbyul.

The social assistant hugged her lover and they let the warm water fall on their bodies for a while.

_____ I'm so exhausted that I don't think I can eat anything._____ The lawyer confessed.

_____ I'll bring you a sandwich, babe. It's not healthy to sleep with an empty stomach.

_____ But you are tired too. By the way, how can you still have energy after everything you do, Byul+ah?_____ The lawyer rubbed her body with a sponge.

_____ Don't fool yourself, Ddun. I'm dead. It's just...I don:t wanna waste any second. You granted me the chance to work for the people in need. And hunger doesn't wait. Neither does the pain of those who get abused._____ The 27-year-old yawned.

_____ See? You need to rest. If it's that important to you, I'll get the sandwich myself.

_____ Important to me? It's important to stay alive, woman._____ Moonbyul giggled and kissed the blonde before continuing her shower.

Once they finished it, the couple dried themselves and the brunette threw herself in bed.

_____ I wanna tell you something but I'm so tired.____ The younger one yawned again.

_____ So go to sleep and we talk in the morning, babe.____ Yongsun caressed her girlfriend's hair and placed a peck on her lips before going to the kitchen.

The blonde ended up drinking some orange juice and ate a toast and a slice of cheese.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter