Strangers in the night

Watercolors in the rain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim Yongsun was a 29-year-old attorney who specialized in corporate law even though she practiced criminal law briefly and most of her family worked with either civil litigation or real estate.

The young woman was born surrounded by wealth and she had experienced all kinds of privileges, including the chance to graduate in Harvard University, just like her father and grandfather.

Being an only child made Yongsun grow up with the feeling that something was missing. And maybe that was the main reason for her constant rescues, which started early on while saving stray cats and dogs.

The millionaire stopped following her father's steps when the man told her she should marry the candidate chosen by him and abandon her career.

After informing him that she was a lesbian, Yongsun bought herself a penthouse and started working with a friend who became a business associate.

They co-founded their law firm and became successful with a little push from her associate's older brother.

Despite not counting on her father anymore, Yongsun had inherited a fortune from her grandparents, which allowed her to build the law firm the way she wanted.

Kim Yongsun, who graduated five years before might still be young for a lawyer. However, the blonde was able to gather a great number of influential clients in the corporate area.

Some would say the blonde could never live a simple life due to her fancy closet, expensive car, and everything else. Nonetheless, she had the heart in the right place and her charity work was done for people who needed it. Not to get publicity.

The lawyer worked a lot but she was usually able to find a slot in her schedule to support the friends.

That was what she was doing on the evening she first saw Moonbyul.

Yongsun went to an art gallery to see the exhibition of her friend's paintings.

The artist named Chorong was the sensation of the season and there were lots of celebrities buying her work.

Although Yongsun was used to famous people, she preferred talking to anonymous ones. So the blonde sneaked to an emptier area of the gallery and noticed an extremely handsome and mysterious girl standing next to Chorong's most intriguing piece.

She was slim and slightly taller than the attorney and Yongsun admired the combination of ripped jeans and a well-cut blazer the girl was wearing.

____ Amazing, isn't it?____ The blonde sounded friendly but the stranger jumped in surprise.

____ Ah, yeah...I don't know art but this really caught my eyes.____ The skinny girl had held her breath before answering.

_____ I didn't mean to scare you. I'm sorry.____ The gorgeous woman smiled apologetically.

____ It's okay. I was so absorbed that I forgot there are other people here.

The lawyer saw how the taller girl looked around with a concerned expression. Just like a wild beast considering the best escape route.

_____ Are you friends with Chorong?____ The blonde asked to make small talk.

After freezing for a couple of seconds, the brunette responded:

_____ Honestly, never heard of them. I was just curious after seeing the poster outside the gallery.

_____ I appreciate your honesty. Ah, forgive my lack of manners. I'm Kim Yongsun. Nice to meet you.

The blonde reached for the brunette's hand to shake it and they both felt some kind of electricity.

Hesitating, the brown-haired one spoke after releasing Yongsun's hand.

____ You can call me Stella if you want.

____ Such a beautiful name! So Stella, would you like to get some appetizers?____ The attorney pointed at the other room.

____ Sure.____ The handsome girl looked around with a worried expression but followed the rich lawyer.

____ These crab cakes look scrumptious._____ Yongsun said with enthusiasm.

 ____ Well, it's food. Everything smells delicious.____ The charming girl replied right away.

____ Although you don't seem such a big food lover considering your model silhouette._____The lawyer laughed.

_____ Ah...I like food. Just not used to sophistication.

The blonde suddenly had an idea. and decided to ask:

____ Hey, there is a nice little restaurant five minutes from here. They serve traditional food. Wanna go?

_____ I'm not sure it's a good idea...We are practically strangers...____ The taller girl commented.

_____ You're right to be cautious. But I swear I'm just in the mood to socialize and pay you a nice meal. We'll be surrounded by other people. So you're not in danger 

____ Alright. You do look like a nice lady. Let's go then.

_____ Great! Would you mind waiting for a minute while I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter