Village Boys

My Tutor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The train ride was chaotic for at least three more stations until they finally found some seats and Jiyong had never been so grateful in his life. He had kept himself steady throughout the ride but it still got him on the edge of embarrassment whenever he'd be close to bumping into the other. 

When they reached the village, it was in the afternoon. 

He had expected a car to come pick them but Seunghyun told him their grandmothers' house was close.

It disappointed Jiyong since he was tired but he trusted the other and they started walking.

 

The house was not close. At all. 

But he was unable to be mad about it as he was greeted with the most beautiful view he had ever seen. There were so many cattles out and about in the open, cats and dogs freely mixing with the cattle as if they were one big family, valleys of greens and farms of rice just painting the whole landscape with a breathtaking view. The skies were golden, orange and red as the evening approached closer and the trio casually greeted the animals by petting them and smelt some wild flowers as they made their way home. 

When they finally reached the residence, it is then that Jiyong realized his legs felt as if they were about to fall off. He was extremely tired. He placed a hand on Seunghyuns' shoulder to balance himself as he waited for their grandma to open the gates. 

"Hello, my dear children!" An elderly, sweet voice called out as the gates opened. Before Jiyong knew it, all three of them were pulled into a tight hug and he heard Hanna giggling. 

When they were free, he looked at the frail, short, elderly woman before him, who wore a warm smile and overall carried a peaceful aura. 

She held out her hand towards Jiyong who shook it with his own. 

"I am very happy to have a third child. Please live as if it's your own home and treat me as you would your own grandmother." She said, making him blush from giddiness. Jiyong had grandparents and loved them dearly, so it was easy for him to accept what she said. 

 

When they entered the house, he noticed how sparsely furnished it was; an old TV that looked like it was from the 90's sat in the living room, there were pillows and mats over the floors and no couches. Further in, they were led to their bedrooms that had no beds.

"Seriously? No beds?" Jiyong asked ludicrously. 

"We sleep on sleeping mats like most people..." Seunghyun answered.

"We walked for so long! Are you sure the sleeping mats are enough for my tired body?" He complains.

"We also put a light mattress over it so it should be fine" Seunghyun tries to assure him. 

"Ah, since Seung-chan told me you were a city boy, I did arrange a bigger mattress for you, so do not worry!" The grandmother smiles and leaves to another room, Seunghyun dropping everything to follow her. 

Jiyong felt a bit embarrassed but he couldn't help it. He had never slept on the floor before. 

His eyes move around the room and then land on one of the corners, "A-are those," He points in the corner so Hannas' eyes follow, "centipedes!?"

"It is a wooden home. It's normal, Yongie-brother" She answers bluntly as she starts opening the luggages and sets her and her brothers' clothes in an in-wall cupboard. 

Seunghyun comes back carrying a large fluffy mattress. He places it in the middle of the room and huffs. 

"You're a lucky man. My grandmother likely had to travel to a far market to get such a good quality mattress." He says while smiling and goes onto take out other things from their luggage. 

"Do you like it?" The grandma asks and Jiyong bows politely towards her.

"Yes, thank you very

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter