Escaper

My Tutor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiyong knew he failed. 

His last final exam had just finished two hours ago, but he didn't make a single move to go home. 

He stood on the bridge that crossed over the river and kept staring at his reflection in the water.

He genuinely believed grades didn't define him since everyone was around him. 

He thought he was worth so much. 

Then, why did everyone leave him one by one when his pocket money wasn't enough? Why did boys stop speaking to him when the girls stopped flocking him? Why did the girl who confessed to him never looked at him again? Each time his grade was announced, why did people give him disapproving looks?

He kept staring into the water and felt his reflection blur from the moving currents. 

What was he?

He felt movement in the corner of his eye and looked to his side.

Seunghyun was crossing the bridge before walking into one of the streets and turning a corner into an alley. 

And Jiyong impulsively decided to follow the other.

He was going to repeat the year and it would be good to ask the other for help in his studies.

But then, what will Seunghyun say?

Will he look down at him and mock him? Will he snicker and say he was right all along? Will he degrade him and call him a loser?

These thoughts kept invading his mind, but his legs kept moving as he followed the other through one alley after the other.

It lead them to an extremely crowded street that smelt of smoke and alcohol that Seunghyun crossed and Jiyong stood frozen. 

He knew the other was not so well off, only his education was paid for, it is the reason why he was studying so hard too.

But even this was a new sight to him.

Jiyong keeps walking with careful steps and catches glimpse of the other enter a small shack. It is a small oden shop. 

Curious, he enters the shop; upon seeing no one was there, he turns around. 

"Please wait! My brother will be down with you in a minute!" A girls voice calls out and he turns around to a young child standing behind the oden counter who looked no more than ten.

"Um- your brother owns this?" He asks the child after brushing off and taking a seat on one of the stools attached to the counter table. 

"No, granny does but she is ill so my brother takes care of the shop." The child answers and Jiyong is taken aback by her clear speech and mature way of speaking. 

"He cooks the different types of oden meals?" 

"Sure he does!" The child answers proudly and gives a toothy grin. 

"Where-"

"Hanna~ who's down there?" Seunghyun calls out from behind the curtains of the kitchens' entrance,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter