The Fair

My Tutor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It didn't go as planned. 

Jiyong sat on one of the seats in front of the pancake stall all alone. His friends had left him after a while of ripping him off. 

The stalls' speakers played a sweet yet mellow piano tune. He guesses it's a peice called Love Dream. 

The colours of the stall were bright; pink, purple, brown and yellow. And the skies were so clear and beautiful today. 

Then why did he feel so down?

All his friends kept asking him about the university he will go to. It seemed they all were busy preparing for a future that he will not be a part of. 

When he answered he will be starting a business and doesn't need university, their expressions soured and they left one by one. Why? Some of them were as rich as him, then why didn't such a vision cross their minds?

As he's deep in thought, he hears laughter not too far away from him. 

It sounded like that of a child and it confused him as this was a fun fair for the senior students. He looks up and his eyes widen when he catches the toothy grin of Seunghyuns' sister. 

"What's wrong fancy pants? Your date ditched you?" Seunghyun says in a playful tone and looks down at him, and Jiyong thinks he has finally gotten a glimpse of the sun. 

"What about you? Your sister was the only person left?" He wishes he could just tape his mouth shut because that certainly didn't sound as smart as he thought. 

"At least I have someone." The other boy replies and sits down with his sister across the the table with Jiyong, who gives a lop-sided smile. The others' reply was granted and he admits he deserved it. 

It is silent as they sit and the only sounds are of Hannas' chewing as she ate her pancake with strawberries and cream with chocolate drizzle on top. 

The silence is heavier on Jiyong as he knows how he left the others' stall last time. Seunghyun doesn't even look at him much, preferring to just watch a small circus show being held not too far away from their views. 

"Seunghyun"

The said boy meets his eyes and Jiyong is unable to say the next words. 

Why was it so hard for him to apologize?

The other boy is about to say something but then Hanna interrupts. 

"I'm done, brother! That was delicious. Thank you!" She smiles happily at Seunghyun who returns with the same. 

It made Jiyong a little jealous.

He wanted to receive a smile like that too. 

It was easy to tell how proud Hanna was with her brother. The love between the siblings was so strong that it almost looked tangible. 

"Let's go to other stalls then" Seunghyun suggests and his sister holds his hand as they start walking away. 

Hanna turns around and waves at Jiyong who couldn't believe he was being left alone again. 

"Hey!" He calls out and the other boy turns around, Jiyong gulps down his embarrassment as for the first time in his life he asks, "C-can I join you guys?"

The others' brows lift in surprise before he smiles widely, "Of course, " 

As Jiyong catches up to them, he elbows Seunghyun on his side, "Who did you call a ?" He isn't offende

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter