004

Someone's Someone

 

 

 

“This is a new place?” Jaehee blurted out as she slid down from the Mercedes Benz Wagon.

“I read about them online, you’ll love what’s inside.” Chanyeol excitedly said as they walked towards the café’s entrance.

“Right, about tomorrow, I don’t think Juyeon can come. Something came up with one of his classes, it’s probably for this thesis.” She shook her head at him as they headed for the counter, Chanyeol nodded back and put one arm around her as they checked the menu.

“What do you want?”

“I’ll take a coffee, and something…that has cheese.” She smiled, she noticed how the lady behind the counter were staring at them. She suddenly grew conscious of Chanyeol’s arm around her.

“How about dessert?” Chanyeol nudged her, the girl shook her head.

“I don’t feel like having sweets. I’ll go reserve us a table.” Jaehee spoke as she slowly freed herself from his arm, the male nodded back at her.

She made her way towards one of the tables by the windows, she leaned back on the chair and took out her phone. Juyeon had texted her, begging her to bring his laptop to school. He had left it at her office yesterday, she texted him a thumbs up emoji.

“So, are you free next weekend?” Chanyeol arrived at their table, she looked at him.

“I think I am, why?” She asked as she pulled her coffee towards her, the male smiled before taking out his phone. He started showing her photos of the beach.

“You want to go here? Where is this?”

“Surfing. Let’s go surfing.”

Jaehee’s brows went up, she stared at the photos again.

“I know, I know. You were never a fan of the beach, but just this once. All my friends are going too. And, I want you there too.” Chanyeol pursed his lips at her, she chuckled and shook her head.

“Okay. I’ll tell my secretary to clear up my schedule.”

“Perfect. Now, I can look up hotels. I was only waiting for your decision.”

“What? If I said I’m not going, you weren’t planning on joining your friends?”

Chanyeol gave her a sheepish grin.

“No, not really. I’d ask them to persuade you.”

Jaehee shook her head and took a sip of her coffee.

 

 

 

Hyungwon was in the process of loosening his tie as he made his way back to his office, he had just finished a meeting with Chae Banking Group’s board of directors and he needed caffeine.

The young executive got inside the room and paused, his secretary was serving tea to someone.

“Sir, miss Cho is here.” He said with a measured smile, knowing his boss didn’t really enjoy having guests in his office, he always greeted people in a separate room across the hall.

“Oppa,” Cho Heejin stood up as she saw him, Hyungwon smiled.

“What brings you here? I thought you were out of town for school.” He said as he walked to her and took the seat across the girl.

“I got back a few weeks ago, Spain was too..dry for me.” She said as she picked up her cup.

“Did you father put you to work right away? You’re here.” Hyungwon said, the girl shook her head.

“I officially start next week, and,” She was smiling as she produced a small brown bag from her purse, Hyungwon felt his phone vibrate in his pocket.

“This is for you, oppa.” Heejin said with a shy smile, the older male shook his head.

“You shouldn’t have.” Hyungwon said, but the girl only urged her to take the gift.

“A local shop makes personalized cuff links and, they do everything by hand. I remembered you, so,”

Hyungwon opened the box and found a set of silver cufflinks with his initials on it, his brows rose briefly.

“Thanks, Heejin-ah. They’re nice.”

Heejin’s cheeks turned pink, but she nodded at him.

“Oppa, are you busy?”

“No, I just got off a meeting.” Hyungwon leaned back on his seat, he took out his phone and opened the text.

He snorted and put his phone down again.

“How about lunch? I know a good place a few blocks away.” Heejin looked at him wide expectant eyes.

“It’s this new Chinese place nearby our old uni. I think you’ll like it.” She continued, Hyungwon nodded and stood up.

“Okay, let’s go. I’ll drive us there.”

 

 

 

“Am I your assistant?” Jaehee asked as she handed Juyeon his laptop, the youngest Lee was waiting for her at the campus gates.

“Thank you, noona. Can I get a meal out of you?” Juyeon grinned at her, Jaehee shook her head at him.

“Yes, but you’re the only one eating. I had lunch with Chanyeol oppa.” She replied as they crossed the street, Jaehee noticed that a lot of girls would stare at her brother as they walked by, she grew amused.

“The school gates still look the same, did they finally repair the soccer field?” She asked as she hooked arms with him, Juyeon nodded back.

“Yes, that was a last year, I think.” Juyeon replied, he was looking around.

“What do you feel like eating? Now, I feel like eating too.” She scrunched her nose, Juyeon paused and noticed a new restaurant.

“How about some Chinese food? We rarely have that at home.” He spoke as he jutted his lips towards the restaurant’s red signboard.

“Sounds nice.” She replied, Jaehee checked her phone again, growing a little peeved.

“Why is that? Is hyung not taking your calls?” Juyeon said teasingly as they walked in the place.

“I texted him earlier, but like the turtle that he is, he isn’t replying.”

“Ah. Hyungwon hyung.” Juyeon chuckled as Jaehee let go of him to stare at the menu on the wall.

“What do you~”

“Oh? Jaehee unnie?”

The two LeeSan kids paused and turned their heads, Juyeon was the first one to greet the familiar face.

“Heejin-ah,” Jaehee spoke as she faced the girl.

“I wasn’t expecting to run into you here,”

“Juyeon wanted to eat between classes, when did you get back?” Jaehee said before giving the girl a quick hug.

“I finished the term a little bit earlier, and decided not to go with the internship.” Heejin said conversationally.

“I’ll order for us, noona. You want noodles?” Juyeon asked, Jaehee nodded back at him.

“But, why are you in this area~” Jaehee saw Hyungwon walk in, she narrowed her eyes at him.

“I was dropping by oppa’s office, and I saw this place online.” Heejin said with a shy smile.

“Oh, it’s you.” Hyungwon said as he reached them.

“Ah, he invited you to lunch. How cute.” Jaehee said with a smile, Hyungwon ignored her teasing tone.

“You can order for us. I’m okay with anything.” Hyungwon said to Heejin.

“Are you sure? They have fusion dishes too.” Heejin said, Hyungwon nodded, he shook off his coat and walked towards Juyeon who was already seated.

Heejin then faced the waiter, Jaehee caught up with her friend, she nudged him.

“You could at least just stay with her as she orders, you’re mean.”

“It’s a Chinese place, everyone orders the same thing.”

“Well, at least try appearing interested. You know she’s always been…so keen about being close with you. At least one girl is brave enough to do that, you grump.” She stated, Hyungwon made a face at her and they sat down.

“Why are you asking me about surfing?” Hyungwon asked as she plopped down across him, Juyeon looked up from his phone.

“I have to go do that this weekend.”

Juyeon let out a short laugh and his sister elbowed him.

“You…don’t even like swimming, now you go surfing.” Hyungwon said as he proceeded to distribute chopsticks, Jaehee sighed at him.

“I couldn’t say no to Chanyeol oppa.”

“Ah, just…be careful then.” Hyungwon shrugged at her, he raised the tea at her, she shook her head.

“That’s corn tea, that smells weird.” She commented, Hyungwon scrunched his nose and put it down.

“I ordered stir fried pork for us to share.” Heejin said as she joined their table, she sat next to Hyungwon and Jaehee’s smile widened.

“That’s sounds nice, noona. But that would just be us two sharing.” Juyeon mused as he poured tea for himself.

“Huh?”

“It’s a bit too greasy.” Hyungwon softly said as he offered Heejin some tea, the girl slowly nodded and pushed her cup to him. Jaehee could only smile at her.

 

 

 

“I haven’t seen you in a while, Jaehee’s the only one who comes by now.”

Mrs. Lee smiled as she took the seat across her younger sister, the two were at the top floor at a specialty mall, waiting for their complimentary snacks.

“Jaehee enjoys doing the shopping for the house, but we are all suffering because of her pickiness too.”

“It’s nice to have a daughter for an eldest, huh?”

Mrs. Lee chuckled, agreeing.

“She babies Juyeon too much. I worry for those two.”

“Your son has grown up so well, Mrs. Jeon always talks about him. I think she wants to set a date between our Juyeon and her daughter.”

“Should I?” Mrs. Lee chuckled as their plate of artisan cookies and specialty cupcakes arrived.

“Unnie, don’t. Did you see the teeth on that girl? You would have rabbits for grandchildren!”

“Hey!”

The two sisters laughed and started eating.

“By the way, I was around Hongdae area the other day, before you ask, I was there to pick up my secretary. Her car broke down.” She quickly explained, Hongdae wasn’t an area people in their circle frequented, her sister grew amused.

“I think I saw Jaehee.”

“Really?”

“Yes, it looked like her. She was with this tall man.”

“Ah,” Mrs. Lee said in between sips, knowing her daughter, she was probably out with her friend again.

“Are you not curious who she was with?”

“You aren’t even sure if you really saw her.”

“I have a strong feeling about it, is she seeing someone? Our picky Jaehee has a boyfriend already?”

“You probably saw Hyungwon.”

“Chae Hyungwon? The Chae Banking son?”

“He’s like our son too.” Mrs. Lee chuckled, her sister paused, everyone was aware how close the two were.

“I don’t think it was him.”

“You only think so.” Mrs. Lee mused and urged her to eat.

“Well, those two are always out and about, they probably went there to eat or something.”

“What if she chooses someone you don’t approve of? Will you be this lax about it?”

Mrs. Lee paused, and she sighed at her.

“I doubt Jaehee would do that to me. And, please, it’s probably Hyungwon you saw with her.”

“Well, don’t say I didn’t warn you.”

 

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++