002

Someone's Someone

 

 

 

“I’m sorry, I got tied up inside.” Jaehee said with a small smile as she stepped out of the building, the tall male looked up from his phone and smiled.

“I had a feeling about that.” He replied as he opened one arm to her, she nodded and gave him a quick hug.

“Do we plans today? Have you eaten?” She asked as he opened the G Wagon’s door for her.

“I have a reservation for us, is that alright?” He questioned, the girl scrunched her nose, she was wearing ripped jeans and a loose Alexander Wang top.

“Oppa, I might be a little underdressed for that.” She tilted her head at him, Chanyeol laughed and ushered for her to get inside the car.

“I’m sure it will be fine.”

Jaehee climbed in the vehicle and buckled the seatbelt, her phone buzzed and she opened the text. Her brows went up, realizing that it was from her father’s secretary.

Director, chairman Lee would like to talk to you over lunch.

She grimaced and chucked her phone back in her purse, she leaned back on the seat as Chanyeol started the car.

“You’re not busy today. No recordings?” She queried as the vehicle drove away from her office building, he shook his head at her.

“I do have to be at the studio late this night, but, how’s work?” He asked as he took her hand in his free one. Jaehee shook her in reply.

“That bad?” He chuckled at her reaction.

“Abeoji wants me to attend this three day conference in Busan. And I really don’t have the time for it. A lot of admin stuff has been dumped on me.” She murmured now suddenly regretting her choice to wear jeans to work. She felt shabby and unkempt.

“What about Juyeon?”

“Juyeon isn’t ready for that yet. And, I don’t think I should tell him about it, he’s just a few days away from graduation. And I know he has plans to take some rest for a bit.” Jaehee continued and she ,leaned back on the seat.

“Are we really going to go eat that fancy place?” She frowned at him, Chanyeol chuckled at her.

“Does it bother you that much? Or, should we pass by your place first?”

“It does. And, yes, let’s pass by the house.”

 

 

 

Juyeon puffed his cheeks as he looked at his parents as they stared at the empty chair beside him.

“Where’s your sister? Did she text you?” Mrs. Lee asked him, Juyeon shook his head in reply.

“No, I did see her this morning before I headed to school,” He began as he picked up the menu.

“She mentioned something about a meeting with the company’s audit team.” Juyeon fibbed, his phone vibrated in his pocket and he took it out. He had texted his sister earlier, asking her where she was and telling her about lunch.

I know. His secretary texted me. But I made plans with Chanyeol today. Please shut your mouth. I’ll buy you food later, noona loves you.

Juyeon grimaced to himself and looked at his parents again.

“Hmm, right. Jaehee’s been so busy lately. I rarely see at her home.” Mrs. Lee hummed as the waiter walked up to them.

“Still, she should make time to dine with us. I only see my daughter at meetings or at the office. It doesn’t seem right. You do still remember how your sister looks like, right?” Mr. Lee said to his son, Juyeon blinked back at him and nodded.

“Yes, of course, abeoji.” Juyeon replied, amused.

“You should check on your sister too. I know she has a life of her own, but I feel like I haven’t spoken to her in a while.” His mother continued.

“Eomma, noona lives with us. What do you mean?” Juyeon let out a chuckle as Mr. Lee spoke to the waiter and asked about the food.

“I mean that, she’s not like before, you know. She sits down and talks to us, I’ve seen her friends more this week more than I’ve heard from her.”

“By friends, you mean her one friend. She only has one friend.” Juyeon jokingly said, wanting to divert his mother attention.

“Right. We should invite him to dinner sometime next week.”

 

 

 

Jaehee was smiling as their food arrived, she had changed into a Chanel tweed dress and a pair patent Mary jane pumps. Chanyeol looked at her, unsure of what she was smiling about, the food or the fact that she had changed clothes.

“Don’t ask. I know what you’re thinking. And, of course, it’s because of the food. I’ve been craving aglio olio for days now.” She said as she picked up her utensils.

“I heard about your family’s move to purchase Osen Broadcasting the other day, it was all over the news. And well, other artists in the company were talking about it.” Chanyeol started, he was working in the entertainment industry and was an executive producer for a large company.

“I know, my father mentioned it to me. He had the legal team take care of it. He didn’t want to be photographed at the event.” She shrugged, Chanyeol smiled and nodded.

“The Lees, quite the elusive bunch.” He teasingly said, Jaehee shook her head at him, she was about to reply when her phone buzzed on the table. Chanyeol nodded for her to take the call.

“Secretary Jin, I’m~”

“Young miss? It’s me.” It was another male voice, she tilted her head.

“Secretary Seo, I’m sorry, I thought you were someone else.” She spoke, Chanyeol started cutting the steak for them.

“I’m sorry for calling without messaging you first, young miss.” She could hear the urgency in his tone, she looked at Chanyeol and signaled she needed to step outside for a bit.

“Why? Is something wrong?” She asked as she walked to the restaurant’s indoor garden.

“Earlier, the vice president was at a meeting. Matters regarding the expansion were being discussed, and I guess something was not to his liking and also, the plans have been delayed for two weeks now. So, he walked out.”

“Oh.” Jaehee mumbled, knowing her friend, he wasn’t the type to tolerate tardiness and bull. Luckily, he put up with hers.

“And, he is scheduled to be back in his office by now because there are some papers needed to be signed. And, it is quite…urgent, ma’am. The board of directors are waiting for him as we speak. Do…you have any way of knowing where he might be?”

Jaehee her lips.

“I’ll call him and I will get back to you. Can you push off his signing for another hour?”

“Yes, I can do that.”

Jaehee ended the call and returned to the table, she sent a quick text to her office before taking a seat.

“Work?” Chanyeol asked as she started eating.

“Kind of. Can we move our ice cream to tomorrow? Or later tonight?” she asked as she transferred the olives to his plate, Chanyeol smiled and nodded.

“Of course, we can.”

 

 

 

The male let out a sigh and leisurely stretched his arms upwards. He had the whole exhibit to himself since it was a Monday, and museums were usually empty on weekends.

It felt nice.

It felt nice being away from his office. He ran his fingers through his hair and moved along, taking quick uninterested glances at the painting as he passed by them.

“You.” A voice spoke, he grimaced and quickened his pace, the girl sighed and her heels made tick tacking noises on the floor as she padded after him.

“Why are you here? You’re not a fan of art.” He said as he stopped walking, the girl reached him and eyed him warily.

“The same goes to you. The only artist you know is Van Gogh.” She retorted, he rolled his eyes at her.

“Did they tell you to come get me? Because I am not signing those substandard plans they sent me.” He said to her, he gestured for her to watch for the steps.

“I’m not going to comment on that. But, secretary Seo was panicking when he called, can’t you at least call your office and tell them?”

“Tell them what?”

Jaehee shrugged, not wanting to press him to do anything. Instead, she hooked arms with him and gave the male a nudge.

“What happened today? You rarely…get so annoyed that you walk out of a meeting.” She began as they reached the modern sculptures section.

“I’ll show you the plans they wanted me to approve of later. Have you eaten?” He asked her, she nodded back.

“I had lunch with Chanyeol oppa. You? You should eat.” She said to him, he shook his head at her.

“Chae Hyungwon, you always give me for not eating on time, and you’re here skipping meals and lounging around at an empty museum on a Monday.” She pointed out, Hyungwon rolled his eyes again.

“I don’t feel like it.”

“Well, it is not for you to feel like. Come on, there’s a café by the entrance.” She barked as she pulled him by his coat sleeve.

“Aren’t you needed at work too? Or are you snooping around again?” Hyungwon asked as he kept pace with her, Jaehee turned to him, her smile sheepish.

“I don’t get it.” Hyungwon said as they got on the escalator.

“I just~”

“Your parents aren’t the type to forbid you from dating, why hide the fact that you are?” He chided, Jaehee pursed her lips. The two made their way to the café in silence, Hyungwon held the door for her and they got inside.

“I’m thinking of getting a sandwich, do you want anything? Coffee?”

“Coffee. And, maybe a strawberry waffle.” She grumbled at him, he chuckled and gestured for her to sit down.

“I’m sure they’ll like him, stop fretting.” He said as he pulled the chair for her.

“Just go get food.” Jaehee shooed him away and sat down.

 

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++