010

Someone's Someone

 

 

 

“Is he still mad at me?”

The male behind the desk broke into an amused smile before standing up, Jaehee was staring at the double doors with pursed lips.

“He just got back from a meeting, director. He doesn’t have any other appointments.”

“He might still be mad at me.”

“You can go on in, director. I’ll make some tea.”

Jaehee sighed and made her way towards the door, she pushed the doors open without knocking and Hyungwon looked up from his desk. His eyes narrowed briefly but he pulled away from his laptop.

“Hi.” She said in a small voice as she carefully put his Audi’s keyfob on the table.

“Are you busy?”

“What do you think?”

Jaehee flinched at his reply, but she smiled at him again.

“Can you forget that you’re still pissed with me for a few minutes, I need to talk.”

Hyungwon rolled his eyes at her, he stood up to grab his coat.

“Why? What happened?” He stood up, Jaehee smiled and grabbed her bag again.

“So, you aren’t mad?”

“Will my being mad change things?”

“No, but I did it for you.” She said as they left the office, Hyungwon eyed her briefly as they headed for the elevators.

“Me? I don’t see how leaving me there benefitted me.”

“Chae Hyungwon, I know…I know you can be a bit cold, and….painfully frank, but I’m not like that. So, I needed you to…tell her that yourself.”

“What?”

The doors pinged open and he gestured for her to go in first.

“I just didn’t know how to..tell Heejin that she…shouldn’t…I mean, she should just stop liking you.”

Hyungwon grew amused, the doors opened again and they were making their way towards his car.

“Good thing you know, Lee Jaehee.”

“I don’t think anyone’s ever going to be good enough for you. You can be so picky sometimes.” She stated, Hyungwon opened the car’s door for her.

“Says the girl who left her boyfriend on their surfing trip just because she didn’t like a few things he said. And instead of talking to him about it, she disappears, causing for a semi-manhunt to occur.”

“Wow, that was a long sentence. But, okay, touché, you .” She made a face at him, Hyungwon chuckled before bumping fists with her.

“There’s this café I want to try, it’s a bit far from downtown.” She said as she slid inside the car.

“Type it on the GPS.” Hyungwon said before closing the door.

 

 

 

Juyeon strolled into his sister’s study, a little confused. He had been trying to reach her for the past few hours and she wouldn’t pick up. Her car was still parked downstairs so he figured that she was home.

But the room was empty.

He approached her desk and found her phone on the desk, his brows went up. She left her personal phone and took her “work” phone.

“She must have forgotten.” Juyeon murmured as he sat down on her seat, he looked at the device and noticed that she had numerous missed calls from one person.

Chanyeol had tried reaching her nine times last night, and just today, she has three missed calls from him.

Juyeon set the phone aside and stood up, he glanced at the device again.

“He’s been avoiding her. She probably didn’t go to work today.” He said to himself as he made his way to the kitchen, he found a note stuck on the fridge’s door.

You can use my car if you want.

I have to return Hyungwon’s.

Appa and eomma have this conference in Incheon tonight, so, dinner with me later?

Call my other phone. -Jaehee noona

“She did leave it on purpose.” Juyeon mumbled, he picked up his backpack and walked towards his car. He quickly got inside and drove away from the property, he proceeded to call his sister’s assistant.

“Young master,”

“Is noona in?”

“She was here for a couple of hours, but she decided to step out. I think she mentioned heading to Chae Banking Group’s office.”

Juyeon nodded.

“Did she get any calls today? She didn’t bring her other phone.”

“No, but earlier a mister Park Chanyeol came to see her, but he wasn’t let in since she already stepped out.”

“Oh no.” Juyeon murmured, he thanked the lady and ended the call.

 

 

 

“What exactly happened? Why are we in the middle of nowhere?” Hyungwon asked as they sat down, they were at this really far away from downtown café that Jaehee had suggested, it was a good forty five minute drive and it almost drove him mad.

“I saw this café being posted all over Instagram, their cakes look good.” She glanced at the counter again, they were waiting for their order.

“Jaehee-ya.” Hyungwon sighed, the girl pressed her lips together.

“I…I heard him talking to his friends, okay? That’s it.”

“That’s it? Lie better.” Hyungwon replied, sensing the girl’s discomfort.

Jaehee leaned back on her seat and reached for coffee, Hyungwon looked at her, studying the expression on her face.

“Well?”

“He….agreed with his friends’..comments. and, I don’t know what I did or…what happened, but for him to feel that way, it seems…”

“What do you mean?” Hyungwon leaned forward as their food arrived, he carefully cut the cupcake in half and pushed it towards the girl.

“I’m picky and insensitive. And, he..referred to me as one of “them”.” She finished as she picked up the half of the cupcake and nibbled on it.

“Did I do something wrong? Is it because…I’m always busy? Or maybe how I dress?” She continued as she fiddled with the fabric of the Chanel tweed skirt she was wearing, Hyungwon’s forehead creased.

“Why would you think that?” He shook his head at her, unsure of what to say.

“No, maybe…it’s because I am picky and I can~”

“Jaehee, you don’t have to conform to other people’s tastes, if he can’t accept that side of you, then, why bother?” Hyungwon stated, Jaehee exhaled.

“You’re even avoiding him. I know you.”

“I just…I don’t know how to..face him while knowing what he really thinks of me.”

“You have to talk to him.” Hyungwon said as he took his half of the cupcake, Jaehee made a face at him and she pulled the carrot cake slice towards him.

“Half?” She looked at him, he nodded in reply.

“I don’t know, should I just bring him to the LeeSan event this weekend?” She asked him, Hyungwon paused briefly, but he didn’t speak.

“If you want to.”

“Does he want to meet your parents? Is he okay with that?” He continued, Jaehee took a small bite and tilted her head.

“I don’t know, Juyeon gets along with him, so, maybe it is time to introduce him?”

“Why does it sound like you’re forcing yourself?” Hyungwon replied as he pulled the cake back to him.

“I feel like..maybe he should meet my family so..he understands why~” Jaehee paused, her eyes were on the doors.

Hyungwon followed her gaze and he paused.

“Huh, you chose this place.” He mused at her, Jaehee sighed and looked away.

 

 

 

Chanyeol felt his colleague nudging him, he peeled his eyes away from the menu behind the counter.

“What is it?” He asked as he turned to the male, he was staring at somewhere else.

“Isn’t that your girlfriend?”

Chanyeol saw Jaehee sitting across Hyungwon, she was taking a sip of her coffee, his brows grew knitted together. He’d been trying to reach her ever since their trip.

“That’s her friend, right? The banking dude guy. Wow.” His friend commented, Chanyeol shook his head, as if feeling their gaze on him, Hyungwon turned and held his gaze. The male gave him a small nod before turning away.

“Give me a sec.” He murmured as he walked towards them. Jaehee looked up as he reached their table, she put her coffee back on the table.

“I’ve been trying to reach you, you weren’t at your office.” Chanyeol spoke, he saw how the girl’s brows rose.

“Y—Yeah, I’ve been wanting to try this place. And, I didn’t have much to do today.” She replied, looking uneasy. Hyungwon leaned back on his seat and picked up his drink.

“Jaehee, I don’t know what happened when we were out, but, can we talk about this? You…..You suddenly left, I was worried.” He said in a quiet tone, Hyungwon looked around them, he noticed how the men who came with Chanyeol were already seated and were blatantly staring at their table. They were even elbowing each other while grinning.

“Now’s not a good time, I’m~”

“I’m sure Hyungwon would understand, Jaehee-ah.” He said with a smile as he faced Hyungwon, the latter’s forehead creased.

“What do you think? Will you be okay if I leave?” Hyungwon spoke to the girl, he could Chanyeol’s gaze on him.

He knew he shouldn’t be speaking like this, but there was just something about the older male’s friends that didn’t sit with him. He didn’t like how they were all laughing while trying to eavesdrop on the couple, or was it their weird gaze on Jaehee? It just simply made Hyungwon uncomfortable.

“Let’s have the pack the cakes.” Jaehee spoke, he nodded and picked up their food, he made his way to the counter.

Chanyeol was stunned, Jaehee stood up.

“Tomorrow, oppa. Let’s talk tomorrow. I’ll call you.” She said to him, Chanyeol slowly nodded back.

“Jaehee, I’m sorry if I made you~”

“I’ll get going, oppa. Drive safely.” Jaehee said with a small smile before turning away from him, Chanyeol watched as the girl walked with Hyungwon towards the male’s car.

He exhaled and turned to his friends.

“What was that? The other rich boy has already won her over?” One of his pals commented.

“No, that was her friend. And I think I just got on his bad side.” Chanyeol murmured as the Audi sped away.

“What if he~”

“They’re just friends, don’t even think about it.” He shushed the male and exhaled again.

 

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++