003

Someone's Someone

 

 

 

Jaehee leaned back on her seat and sighed, her secretary could only offer her a small apologetic smile.

“This isn’t going to work. Appa will really react to this, how could this be delayed again?” She groaned as she leaned on her desk, she was eyeing the piles and piles of documents on her desk. It was regarding the redevelopment in Bundang, and her father has been adamant about having the project start right away.

“Should I call for another meeting?”

“I don’t know.” She grumbled, the secretary smiled and pushed her cup of coffee towards the young executive.

“Has this been forwarded to the top floor?”

“Ma’am, we are also at the top floor.”

“I meant the bigger boss’s office. Does my father know already?” She murmured as she stood up and brushed down the skirt of her Dior dress.

“Yes, probably.”

Jaehee groaned and she picked up her purse.

“Where are you going, ma’am?”

“I’m going to escape his wrath. I don’t want to be here when he blows.” She stated as she fixed her hair, her secretary could only blink at her.

“Tell them I went home because of an upset stomach. And that, I was all green and vomiting, okay?” She winked at the male before heading out of the office, the latter could only sigh as his boss left.

Jaehee was happily smiling as she reached the lobby, she was about to ask for her car when a familiar Mercedes Benz convertible pulled over by the doors.

She was about to make a beeline towards the elevators again but the driver already saw her.

“Is it a bad time or did I just intercept your escape?” Hyungwon spoke as he walked towards her, Jaehee gave him a sheepish grin.

“I’m doomed. Everything’s doomed.” She sighed at him, the male grew amused and nodded over to his car.

“Uncle won’t find you if you don’t use your car.” He jokingly said as they walked towards his vehicle.

“Really? You do know that when they can’t reach me, they always call you first.” She pointed out, Hyungwon blinked at her and held the door for the girl.

“There is no escape.” She made a face at him.

“Ah.” Hyungwon chuckled and held the door for her.

“I’m hungry. Let’s get sushi.”

“I don’t feel like having fish today.”

“Deal with it.” She hissed at him before getting inside the car.

“A spoiled ingrate.” He said, the window rolled down and Jaehee was beaming at him.

“From the bottom of my heart, I’d like to thank you, Chae Hyungwon. Also, I heard that.”

Hyungwon rolled his eyes and got on the driver’s seat.

 

 

 

Juyeon stretched his arms as they stepped out of the coffee shop, his friends were a few steps ahead of him. He and a few of his classmates had decided to finish some school work outside campus. He checked his phone and paused, his sister had sent him a text, informing him that she’d be home late.

Juyeon sent her a quick reply and jogged after his friends, he was about to talk to Hyunjae when he heard someone calling his name.

“Juyeon-ah?”

He turned and noticed a familiar tall figure walking towards him.

“Hyung,” He broke into a smile, recognizing his sister’s boyfriend.

“I haven’t seen you in a while, how’s school?” Chanyeol asked as he walked with the younger male.

“We’re still in the middle of finishing our final requirements. Are you off to meet up with noona?” Juyeon asked, the older male shook his head.

“I’m a bit busy today, your sister’s probably is too. I tried calling her office earlier, her secretary said she had to leave.”

Juyeon’s brows rose, recalling the conversation between her father and sister earlier over breakfast. There was some sort of important signing and meeting today and it was going to get all busy for Jaehee.

“Really, hyung? Have you tried texting her?” He replied, Chanyeol grinned at him.

“You know your sister, she’s not the type to text a lot. Anyway, you should come to my party this weekend.” He said, Juyeon nodded back at him.

“I’ll tell your sister, drive safely.” He said, Juyeon waved back at the older male and headed for his car.

Juyeon got inside the Audi, he had just started the engine when his phone started ringing.

“Noona, hi. I just bumped into~”

“I left the office earlier, things were about to go south. And I don’t want to be there when our father erupts and burns the place down. Have you eaten?”

“I have. Did..you tell Chanyeol hyung you were out?” Juyeon asked, there was a pause from the other end.

“No?” Her reply amused him.

“He was looking for you, noona. I ran into him.”

“Oh. I’ll give him a call in a bit.”

“Where are you?”

“Hyungwon and I had to get lunch, I’m out shopping for some clothes. Need anything?”

Juyeon heard Hyungwon muttering from the other end, he smiled to himself.

“It’s fine, noona. See you at home.”

 

 

 

“Jaehee stepped out?” The president of LeeSan Group asked as he walked in his daughter’s office, her secretary nodded back.

“Yes, sir. The…director said she’s not feeling well, so she decided to go home.”

The elder exhaled and shook his head, he stepped out of the office and made his way towards the elevator, his assistant was right behind him.

“I don’t think she went home.” Mr. Lee mused as they got inside the elevator, his secretary smiled to himself.

“The director probably felt frustrated after she saw those reports.”

“Probably. She always says that she’s afraid that I might get angry, but in reality, that girl,” He said with a chuckle as the doors closed.

“She’s the one frustrated with the delays, she just doesn’t want people to know that she is.”

“Yes, that’s very like her, sir.”

“Do we have any idea where she ran off to? Surely, not to go out and shop?” He said, the doors opened again and he stepped out of the machine.

“Not really, sir.”
They arrived at the lobby and the elder smiled to himself.

“Knowing my daughter, she probably ran to Hyungwon again. The Chae son has always been her partner in crime.”

“Yes, sir. I’m surprised that you haven’t arrange anything between families.”

President Lee chuckled and shook his head.

“I am not that type of parent, my goal is to simply have my kids marry the right person. That’s it.”

 

 

 

“What do you think?” Jaehee asked as she stepped out of the fitting room, Hyungwon looked up from the magazine he was browsing through.

“Try the next size.” He said, the sales assistants balked at each other.

“But, Hyungwon, this is the perfect length.” Jaehee said, the male stood up and walked towards her.

“It may be the perfect length, but look.” He pointed towards her waist area, Jaehee rolled her eyes at him.

“The dress looks good on you, but it’s too tight here. The moment you sit down, it’s going to go up. And you’d have all your skin touching whatever surface you’re sitting on.” He said as he gently tugged on the cloth.

“Does that mean I gained weight?” She mumbled, Hyungwon rolled his eyes and flicked her elbow.

“Gaining weight is normal, you’re human. But, it’s probably because of how the dress is designed.” He said as he held one hand to her, Jaehee sighed leaned against him as she shook off the heels she was wearing.

“Right, eomma wants to know if you’re free this Sunday? Dinner at our house. Or was it lunch.” She said to him, Hyungwon eyed her warily before pulling the curtains between them.

“Are you?”

“Yes. On both meal times.”

“Good, because I need help with~”

“No.” He stated, cutting her off.

“Hyungwon!”

“Nope.”

“You’re going to ask me to help you cook again. So, no.”

“Oh, I didn’t mean that.” Jaehee emerged from the fitting room, already dressed in her tapered slacks and silk printed top.

“Then, what is it?” Hyungwon asked, he turned to the two staffs and asked for the dress’s next size. Jaehee was in the process of fixing her hair.

“Chanyeol oppa has this company party,” She said, Hyungwon picked up her Gucci platforms and walked over to her.

“I don’t know if I should go. I mean, there’s going to be people I know and,” She trailed off, the tall male set the shoes before her, and she quickly put them on.

“It’s just a party, Jaehee.”

“I know, but, it seems so…public?” She said, Hyungwon faced her, confused.

“You’re dating the guy, what’s so wrong about going to his party?”

“There’s nothing wrong about it, but…you know.”

“Let’s talk when you’ve got it all figured out,” Hyungwon waved her off and walked away, Jaehee got her bag and followed him to the counter.

“You paid for lunch. I’ll get this.” He stated as he handed his card to the lady behind the counter, Jaehee nodded back and looked around them.

“Anything else?” Hyungwon asked, the shop’s staff smiled at each other.

“Just that. I’ll go get us coffee. Your usual?” She replied, Hyungwon nodded back and the girl stepped out of the store.

 

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++