Deck of Hearts II

ᴀʟʟ ʜᴀɴᴅꜱ ᴏɴ ᴅᴇᴄᴋ
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Aight here we gooo~

 DECK OF HEARTS pt. II

 

 

Hii gave in and tended Nako's request to eat mint choco ice cream. Good thing she bought 5 tubs earlier. 

"Is it that yummy?" Hii with a disgusted face asked Nako who seemed to enjoy her ice cream.

"Yeah, do you want to try?" 

"No! Thanks."

"Just one bite?"

"I'm good." 

"Please?" 

Hii sighs she cannot resist those puppy-like eyes. She thinks Nako will continue to beg her and if she keeps on rejecting her request she'll sulk and she will encounter a grumpy Nako again. It was hard handling moody pregnant women so even if she really hates that toothpaste flavored ice cream for Nako she'll just have one bite. 

"J-just one okay?"

Nako's eyes sparkled as Hii finally gave in to her request.

"Yes, you can also have another bite."

"Oh No! Thanks. One is enough Nako-yah." 

With that Nako shoved a full teaspoon of mint choco ice cream to Hii's mouth. Much to the latters chagrin. 

"Thank you!" Nako beaming a smile upon seeing Hii eat the ice cream although Hii still had the disgusted look like she wanted to throw up.

 

After putting aside the empty tub of ice cream, Hii immediately drank water to remove the disgusting taste in then went back to bed. She didn’t expect to eat ice cream at 2am. She finds it so ridiculous.

 

Nako then snuggled to Hii's neck while inhaling her peach-like scent to help her sleep. 


"Don't sleep yet Nako-yah. Drink lots of water first. Come on or no cuddles." 

 

Nako pouted as she felt lazy seating up just so she could drink water. Hii helped her and handed her a glass of water. She gulped the water, muttered her thanks and went back to snuggle to Hii.

 

Lately Nako couldn't sleep without Hii. She will feel lonely and restless making her unable to sleep. 

 

There was a time Hii couldn't go home early as she needs to finish some presentation at the university. She told Nako not to wait for her, eat her dinner with Hii’s parents and sleep early. Nako obliged but somehow she kept on watching the clock and waited for Hii to come home and cuddle with her. 

 

Hii went home and was surprised to find Nako crying on their bed. She panicked and asked Nako what was wrong. Turns out Nako just can't sleep and got emotional. From then, Hii would always make sure to go home early and sleep with Nako as the pregnant woman seems to be relaxed with her body scent. 

 

--------------

 


It was a sunny afternoon and the young couple is enjoying their time inside Hii's room. Nako was occupied designing her baby diary which was given by Minju. While Hii was revising their research proposal. 

 

Nako got tired and went for a short break, she looked up to check Hii and noticed Hii was frowning hard looking at her computer. She got worried and gave Hii a back hug.

 

"Are you okay? You seem to be so frustrated?" 

"I don't know. I can't seem to create an idea and I'm hating myself for it." Hii honestly answered. 

Nako removed herself from Hii then cupped Hii's fluffy cheeks. 

 

"Don't hate yourself just because you cannot simply create an idea. Take a rest from time to time and unwind. Maybe ideas will come up when you have a much clearer mind." 

 

Hii just sighs and caresses Nako's hands that were holding her cheeks. She removed Nako's hands then snuggle to Nako's neck and hugged her. Nako just let her knowing Hii must have been so hard to herself these past few days and needs comfort. 

 

Nako has been so thankful for Hii because she saw how Hii was juggling her time taking care of her and studying. She knows there are times she's really struggling so the only thing Nako can do is to assure Hii that she is always by her side. 

 

Hii on the other hand, admits the struggles, just like before she met Nako, her life seems to be so suffocating. But with Nako she feels the warm embrace and the feeling that someone is there who needs you so you have to stay strong for them. It motivated her and gave her the energy to work harder.

 

"You know you can always lean on me right? You are not alone. We are a team now. Not just because of Taega but your whole being is both our concern now." Nako said while rubbing Hii's back.

 

Hii deeply inhaled and she felt like submitting herself to Nako. 

 

"Nako-yah, can I be honest?"

"You have to." 

"I-I erm...how do I say this."

 

Nako got actually nervous about what Hii would say but still she's all ears to Hii. 

 

"I- ahm..I realized being in the business world is not where my heart belongs to." 

 

Nako kept mum and continued to listen to Hii

 

"I-I feel pressured, because everyone is already expecting me to take over our company." Hii detached herself to Nako, looked at her with teary eyes, shoulders dropped and heaved a deep sigh. 

 

It was the first time Hii talked about what she really feels and the thing that has been bugging her since day 1. She felt good with Nako's comfort so she finally opened it up. 

 

"I don't even know if I could really handle it. Ma's company is very big, I am afraid of what people will say to me. I don't know. I just really don't know." 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter