Deck of Diamonds I

ᴀʟʟ ʜᴀɴᴅꜱ ᴏɴ ᴅᴇᴄᴋ
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: This chap has somehow mature but no so mature content but I will make it up as there is also a fluffy and UwU scene teehee c(:

 

DECK OF DIAMONDS pt. I

(Diamonds: signifies the “growing” phase of human life where a person strives for his/her career. In short, a diamond is an epitome of growth, responsibility, values, security, etc.)

 

 

Flashback

 

Hii was so devastated, she failed one of her major exams. She thought she had studied enough even sacrificing her sleep and refusing to go out just so she could finish studying. She devoted herself to studying everything about business. But it hit her hard that all her efforts of studying felt like nothing when the results came out and she failed her exam. She doubted herself. “Was it not enough? Am I really that dumb? Not smart even? I studied hard but why did I still fail?” She has lots of thoughts running on her mind. She wanted to cool off and so for the first time she wanted to get wasted, forget about everything. She was frustrated that she even thought of dropping to school and start anew but how can she do that? A company is waiting for her. She doesn't know what to do anymore. 

 

Another thing that added up to her frustration is that Miu, her girlfriend, now ex-girlfriend broke up with her. With the reason that she got tired of Hii's excuses and that their relationship became toxic as years goes by. Miu was Hii's first girlfriend and they were together for almost 3 years. She loved Miu so much but she couldn't balance everything from her relationship, studies and family. She was juggling everything but nothing goes as planned to the point she wants to give up. Hii was so broken. 

 

She went to a nearby pub near their university. Drink all the drinks she hasn't tried before. She was alone, drowning herself with alcohol. Dancing aimlessly talking to anyone even if she doesn't know any of them. She passed out at the counter, hands on deck, the bartender was kind enough to at least help her sober up so she can still have the will to go home. Eventually it worked out and she got sobered up. 

 

Now she's rethinking about her actions and things she should do from now on. 

 

How is she going to survive in her studies, how is she going to move on from her failed relationship, how is she going to tell her parents her thoughts of dropping and being pressured. She believes her life is a total mess. She was not happy. She desperately thinks how she can save herself from this darkness.

 

She was in a deep thought when a girl suddenly sat beside her. The girl was mesmerizing, she's petite yet attractive. Her eye smile could also make you smile, her dimples show up whenever she smiles and that would make your heart skip.

 

The girl conversed to her and they exchanged a series of questions. Suddenly the girl's phone rang and she answered it. Hii got surprised as she spoke in Japanese while talking to the phone. After the call ended, they continued to chat until the girl decided to leave already but when she stood up, the girl felt dizzy, her knees weakened and almost fainted. 

 

Hii now sober immediately reacted and caught the girl with her arms. However as they touched each other, a spark and tingling sensation was felt by the both of them. They looked at each other's eyes, eyes that are now full of hidden desires adding the fact they drank alcohol. The girl suddenly pulled Hii closer and kissed her. Hii got shocked thinking that the girl might still be intoxicated with alcohol, she was about to pull out as she was almost out of breath but the girl didn't let her go. Hii started to heat up and she couldn't take it any longer and finally responded to the kiss. Hii took the girl to her friend's apartment whom she has access to and that her friend is currently away. They continued their intimate way of getting to know each other not knowing what tomorrow could bring. 

 

End of Flashback

 


 

Hii and Nako now sitting side by side inside a gazebo. Nako's friends left them there to talk for clarifications and such. They were awkwardly seated beside each other but no one would dare to speak. They were still in the process of absorbing and adapting the sudden turn of events. 

 

"I...uh, I am really sorry." Hii broke the silence and continued to mutter her apology. She then faced Nako and looked at her eyes intently.

 

"Look, I was desperately looking for you this past few months, I...I really wanted to apologize for what happened that night. My conscience couldn't take it, I felt like I had to see and apologize to you personally but I...uhm I didn't even get to know your name so I didn't know where I could find you. I'm really really sorry for...for crossing the line. I-I..erm..wasn't in the right mind that time."

Hii was relieved as she finally apologized to Nako. 

 

Nako shook her head and replied "No, I-I'm sorry too, I was really drunk that time that I honestly couldn't remember what really happened. It was also my fault." She apologized as well, feeling guilty that Mikan, her friend punched this girl when in fact she's at fault also.

 

Both of them sighed in relief as they apologized to each other and began talking comfortably. Hii who was emotionally and mentally unstable got herself more trouble but she believes everything happens for a reason and that there is always a rainbow after the rain. She has to brace herself, plan thoroughly her life goals as both of them have so many things to face from now on. Nako too couldn’t believe she’d make this great U-turn of her life. She hasn’t imagin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter