I can learn to love again

The red string of fate

"Good morning." 

Yoonjung found Kang sitting on his motorbike outside her house. 

"No." she said promptly.

"You said you would try someday." Kang stood up.

"Yes. I said someday, not tomorrow. You literally just asked me to ride on your motorbike yesterday." she replied in disbelief. He is really unbelievable. He has zero patience. When he wants something, he just can't wait to make it happen.

"Come on, I promise you'll be safe with me." 

"No."

"Ok." he stood in front of her. "what about this? just try and ride with me until that point." he pointed towards the end of the house row before the intersection. "If you don't like it, you can get off. I will leave my bike at your house and we can walk together."

"Fine." she rolled her eyes.

"Look." he took out a dark red helmet from inside the seat storage. "For you."

She hesitated at first and he quickly catch on it. 

"It's brand new. I just bough it, especially for you." he explained.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to..." she hurriedly took the helmet. "It's ok even if it's...."

"Hey." Kang touched her hand that was hugging the helmet, "You are my girlfriend now. It is ok to be concerned about my past. Especially because you didn't know anything about it."

"Talking about that... are you going to tell me?" she asked.

"Of course. Once you tell me yours." he winked. He took the helmet and put it on her, finishing it with the safety strap.

She smiled and shook her head. He is incorrigibly adorable. 

Kang got on his motorbike, already with his helmet on. "Hop on." 

Yoonjung clumsily tried to get on while holding on to his shoulders. After a few movements, she finally settled behind him.

He took her hands and wrapped it around his waist.

"Hold on tight, ok?"

She nodded, thankful that the helmet was covering her face. Otherwise, he would have seen how red her face was at that moment. Hugging him from behind was too much for her, so she held his jacket instead.

"ready?"

She nodded again. 

The motorbike moved and she tightened her grips on him. At first it was scary but after a while it felt like she was flying, and then.... it stopped.

"How? do you want to continue or stop?" he asked. 

before she knew it, they already reached the point where he promised he would stop. 

She whispered, "continue..."

"What? I can't hear you."

"Continue!" she repeated in a much louder volume.

He laughed, "ok, hold on."

The motorbike started moving again and this time she was glad that it didn't stop. Not for a long time. 

 

 

----------------------------

 

"You want to go clubbing?" Kang asked in disbelief. They were both sitting on the grass next to the river, each holding a snack on their hand.

She nodded. "why is that so shocking?"

"Because you don't look like the type who likes that kind of scene."

"You're wrong."

He folded his arms and raised one eye brow, "ok. When was the last time you went clubbing?"

She looked down. "Never."

Kang laughed. "see?" he gently poked her head. "Ok, why do you want to go then?"

"I have always wanted to try going and you look like someone who go there often." she shrugged. 

"I do go clubbing, but i don't do it often. Arin was more of a homebody." 

Arin... it was the first time he mentioned her name. She thought

"Why didn't you go with Seojoon?" he asked casually, as if not realising he just mentioned his ex's name for the first time to Yoonjung.

"It's not his kind of scene. He doesn't even drink." she quickly added, "he can drink for sure, he just doesn't like it."

"I see... so you guys were that kind of couple." he muttered.

"So? will you go with me?"

"Yes of course, if you really want to. Although I don't like going to a club with my girlfriend. There are a lot of erts there." 

"I don't think you have to be worried about that with me." she said, implying that she is not attractive enough to be hit on.

He turned his body facing her. "Trust me. I will need to be very worried about that with you."

She tried to hide her smile but to no avail. 

Kang continued eating his corndog, "Do you drink?"

She nodded, "but I don't handle alcohol well."

"Ok, we don't have to get a drink. We can just go there to look around and once you have fulfilled your curiousity, we leave."

"Okay. Can I take Heejin too?"

"In that case, I will have to ask my friend to come as well. I don't think I can take care of two newbies at the same time."

Yoonjung laughed out loud. "Heejin is far from a newbie." 

"Oh really? then why didn't you go with her?" 

"Because she can barely take care of herself, let alone to take care of me, a newbie."

"Isn't that dangerous?"

She shook her head. "Heejin has a personal bodyguard."

"Huh? she has a boyfriend?"

"You'll see." 

"Ok. So does it mean that I don't need to ask my friend to join us?"

"You can if you want too. The more the merrier." Yoonjung finished the last bite of her triangle rice balls. "Plus, I am sure Heejin will be happy to meet your friend." 

Kang scratched his head, "you are confusing me." 

"Never mind about that." she picked all the rubbish and put them inside one plastic bag. "So, when should we go?"

"We can go this Saturday."

"OK. Let me see... do I have work this Saturday..." she spoke to herself while searching for something on her phone. 

"How many part times do you have?" Kang asked.

"three."

"Why do you have so many?"

"I need money to pay for bills and daily expenses."

"What about your parents?" 

"They passed away."

"I'm sorry." Kang reached out and held her hand. 

"It's okay. It was a long time ago." she looked away, pretending to pack more things inside the plastic bag.

"Who do you live with now?"

"My grandmother." 

"I would love to meet her soon." he said firmly.

She smiled, " I am sure she will love to meet you too."

Kang moved swiftly and gave her a peck on the lips before pulling her in for a hug.

She felt the warmth of his body. It was comfortable. It was like she was no longer missing something. It felt like she can learn to love again

 

---------------------------------------