Just today, stay

The red string of fate

"you quit your delivery job?" Heejin shook the remaining liquid in her milkshake.

"I did."

"Why?"

Yoonjung smiled, "I have enough money now, I dont want to work too hard, I want to enjoy life too."

"Well, I am all about enjoying life, so I support your decision."

"But dont tell Kang, ok?"

"Why? I thought you would have told him already when you were going to resign." Heejin asked in disbelief.

"I will tell him when the time is right." 

"Okay...?"

"Anyways, you will really thank me today. I have a surprise for you."

"What what? I like surprises!"

Yoonjung hinted with her eyes, she pointed towards somewhere behind Heejin.

Heejin turned around and saw Kang and Myungsoo walked inside the cafe.

"No way!" Heejin gasped, she started hitting Yoonjung's hand playfully. 

"Hi. I thought we are early." Kang greeted the two. He walked over to Yoonjung side and gave her a peck on the lips .

"Ya, I purposely asked you to come a bit later than us. I wanted to surprise her." Yoonjung explained while rubbing Kang's back, who was sitting down next to her.

"Ahh..." Kang replied knowingly.

"Halo." Myungsoo greeted Heejin casually, as if it was their first time meeting.

"Finally, we see each other again." Heejin stood up.

"Oh... Have we met before?" Myungsoo asked, genuinely surprised.

"Yes, we have! At the club that night, with Heejin and Kang. Also, we have been texting a lot."

"Oh, did we? Sorry, there are too many people texting me, I cant remember them all."

"So you replied my text without remembering who I am?" Heejin's jaw dropped. 

Myungsoo shrugged, "it will be rude not to reply."

Heejin turned and showed her shock face to Yoonjung.

Yoonjung laughed, "ok, never mind, that's why today you should get to know each other. Heejin, make sure he remembers you this time." 

"So what are we going to do today?"  Kang asked Yoonjung. 

"I was thinking, theme park." 

"Theme park? Ok, sounds good."

 

-----------------------

 

"Nooooooooooooooooooo!" Heejin screamed as the rollercoaster took a deep dive. 

Even though Yoonjung couldn't tell for sure, but she knew Heejin must be screaming at the top of her lungs. 

"You don't want to ride it?" Kang asked, standing next to her just outside the entrance to the big roller coaster.

Yoonjung shook her head, "I'm scared of most rides here."

"You do? then why did you ask to come here?" 

"I might not take the roller coasters, but I can still have fun. The foods are good, the atmosphere is good. Plus, I am ok with other rides as long as they don't involved spinning, dropping, jumping or being thrown."

"I see..." Kang muttered. 

Myungsoo and Heejin came out out the exit, both looking pale.

"That was scary..." Heejin rubbed her chest, "but fun!"

"It was ok." Myungsoo said nonchalantly. 

Heejin gave him a side eye and then spoke to Yoonjung and Kang while pointing at Myungsoo, "this guy screamed louder than me." 

"No, I didn't." Myungsoo was flusterred, he let of his cool demeanor and pinched Heejin on the cheek, "you promised not to tell them."

They all laughed. 

Kang spoke out, "Since Yoonjung is scared of roller coaster, we should go to haunted house next." 

"Ehhh?" Yoonjung tried to reject that plan but Kang was already pulling her towards the haunted house. 

She's not particularly scared of ghost, but she's not a fan of -human- ghost where they dressed up and try to jump out of nowhere to scare you. 

After queing for some time, the four of them went inside as a group. 

"Myungsoo, don't go too far away." Heejin grabbed Myungsoo's arm to keep him close. Fortunately Myungsoo didn't mind. 

"Are you scared?" Kang asked. He positioned Yoonjung in front of him and wrapped his arms around her.

She shook her head, "Not right now, no." with Kang pressed against her back and his strong arms around her, she could barely pay attention to anything else. 

To the dissapointment of the staff, it turned out neither of them were scared or suprised by any of the ghosts. Even Heejin who thought she would be, she ended up laughing a lot when one of the ghost accidentally bumped on Myungsoo and landed on the floor on his back side. 

Kang and Yoonjung, on the other hand, seemed to be focusing on talking to each other rather than noticing the ghosts. 

They walked out through the exit intact and unamused. 

"I expected more." Heejin said.

"I agree." Myungsoo replied. 

"It looks like they are closer already." Yoonjung said while walking side by side. 

Kang's phone was ringing and he promptly took the call. 

Yoonjung walked ahead to give him space to talk. 

"Which one do you want to go next?" Heejin asked, wrapping her arm around Yoonjung's shoulder. 

"Where's Kang?" Myungsoo looked around and spotted Kang in a distance, talking on his phone. "does he need to go?" 

Yoonjung shrugged, "possible."

True enough, Kang returned to the group with bad news that he had to go to office. 

"So sorry!" Kang put his hands together apologetically. 

"It's fine." Myungsoo replied.

"OK then, I see you around." Kang said to Heejin and Myungsoo before turning to Yoonjung, "I will come over to your place once I am done." 

Yoonjung grabbed Kang's hand tightly. 

Kang looked down at their hands and then up at her. "Should I stay?"

Stay... Just for today, stay.... she wanted to say but she couldn't

After a long seconds, she finally let go of his hand and shook her head, "Go."

"I love you." he said before leaving.

"Do you want to go home or...?" Heejin asked Yoonjung.

"Don't be silly, we should still enjoy the rest of the day." Yoonjung said and then pointed towards a rollercoaster with one big loop track, "Next, that one!"

"Challenge accepted!" Heejin tightened her hand in a fist, "Myungsoo, let's go!"

 

-----------------------