Today is our first day

The red string of fate

"You're joking, right?"

"I don't joke about this kind of thing." 

"We barely know each other..."

"So what? I knew someone for 6 years, doesn't mean that person can't hurt you." he paused before letting out a loud grunt while throwing his head back.

"are you okay?" Yoonjung asked in concern.

He scratched his head and brushed his hair back in frustration before finally calming down. "Actually that day... when I came to your store, all drunk and stupid... was the day I broke up with my girlfriend."

"I'm sorry" was all the she could say.

"We were together for four years and we have known each other for two before that." 

"What happened?" 

Kang looked at her and smiled. "I will tell you my story only if you tell me yours." 

After giving it some thoughts, she decided it was still too early. "Never mind."

"So?"

"So what?" 

"Do you want to go out with me?" he asked again. This time, he looked straight into her eyes. The hair that he brushed backwards are slowly dropping back to its original place. Some of the strands were hanging in front of his right eye. It took her much effort not to raise her hand and push those hair aside.

"Are you going to hurt me?" she asked.

"Maybe... but I promised I won't do it intentionally... and I promised I won't leave you before you leave me." 

"Ok..." she replied softly.

Kang smiled. He slowly moved his head forward and after what feels like a hundred seconds, he finally touched her lips with his. 

She didn't move closer but she didn't stop him either.

When he finally pulled away, he smiled and said. "today is our first day, ok?"

 

---------------------------------------