Let's get crazy!

More Ice Cream and Soju
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Suyeon lay on her back on Doyeon's bed with her head in Lucy's lap. "Maybe everyone was wrong," she said.

"Maybe everyone was wrong about what?" Lucy asked, her brow furrowed with worry.

Suyeon reached up and grabbed Lucy's hand, holding on as if her life depended on it. "Maybe the others were wrong that we shouldn't leave Weki Meki," she said, tears welling up in her eyes. "I don't like the idea. I don't want to leave. But I don't want the others to be in danger because of us. I couldn't live with myself if something happened to one of them and it was our fault."

Lucy squeezed Suyeon's hand, holding on tightly. "Suyeon, listen to me, and listen carefully, because I don't know if I'll be strong enough to say this again. This isn't your fault. This isn't my fault. And this isn't our fault. This whole situation is the fault of the homophobic s out there."

Suyeon started to say something, but Lucy just kept on talking. "We didn't ask for people to be pissed off at us and to threaten out lives, but that's what we're dealing with right now. And we didn't ask for our members to join this fight with us. If you recall, we asked them to let us leave so they could continue without us, and they refused. If anything happens to them, it's not our fault and it's not their fault. It's all the fault of the homophobic s. You got that? We aren't doing anything wrong! We didn't do anything wrong! And because our members are our friends, they've got our backs on this!"

Lucy stopped, apparently having run out of steam. After a moment of silence, Suyeon started to speak. "Yes but-"

Suyeon was interrupted by a knock on the door. Lucy slid out from under Suyeon's head and went to answer the door. She wasn't expecting to see Elly there, and she wasn't happy about it. "If you've come to continue the fight you tried to start in the living room, you can forget about it. We've got bigger problems to deal with."

Lucy started to close the door, but Elly reached out and stopped her. "That's not why I'm here," she said.

Lucy stepped back and let Elly into the room. Elly closed the door behind herself, then turned to face Suyeon and Lucy.

Suyeon sat up and looked at Elly.

"Well," Lucy asked, "why are you here?"

To Suyeon and Lucy's great surprised, Elly knelt in front of them and pressed her forehead to the floor. When she sat up, she kept her eyes lowered. "Jeongmal joesonghaeyo." She again pressed her forehead to the floor and sat up again, still keeping her eyes lowered the entire time. "I'm sorry for the things I said earlier. Everyone reacts to stress differently, and apparently I was reacting by becoming a hypercritical . There was nothing wrong with the way you were reacting to this situation. I can't even imagine what you're going through right now. I'm sorry I made things more difficult."

Suyeon stood up, grabbed Elly's hands and pulled her to her feet. She looked at Elly for a moment, then wrapped her in a hug. "It's all right," she said, Elly's hair. "You were right - I haven't been a very good leader today. I didn't know how to deal with this, and I didn't know what to do, and I just collapsed. Thank you for standing by us during this."

Elly pulled herself away from Suyeon and looked at her, tears streaming down her face. "It's not fair that this is happening to you, and I wish that I could make it stop."

"Thanks," Suyeon said, "I really appreciate that."

Lucy grabbed a handful of tissues from the box on Doyeon's nightstand and handed them to Elly, who quietly murmured her thanks and began wiping the tears off her face.

"So what are you going to do now?" Elly asked.

Suyeon looked at Lucy, who shrugged, and then back at Elly. "I think I need a couple of more minutes in here before I come back out, if you think that would be okay with everybody."

Elly smiled at Suyeon, tears glistening in her eyes. "Take all the time you need. We'll be fine. We're all just waiting around anyway." With a hurried wave, she backed away from Suyeon and Lucy and left the room, quietly shutting the door behind her.

"Well," Suyeon said, shaking her head, "that was unexpected."

Lucy stepped over and hugged Suyeon. "Now do you believe that all our members have our backs?"

Suyeon nodded and then suddenly sat down on Doyeon bed as if her legs had given out. "I believe it," she said quietly. "I don't understand it, but I believe it."

Lucy sat down next to Suyeon and took her hand. "You don't have to understand it, so long as you believe it," she said.

Suyeon leaned on Lucy, enjoying the stillness and silence of the moment. Quiet moments like this were becoming increasingly rare, so she made a point to enjoy every second of this one. After a couple of minutes, Lucy asked if she was ready to go out. Suyeon nodded, gave Lucy another hug, and then stood up. She had just turned toward the door when there was another knock. Opening the door, she saw it was Sei, with Rina and Lua standing behind her.

"Lunch is ready," Sei said. "We didn't know if you were feeling up to coming out and eating with us, so we brought your lunch to you."

Suyeon grabbed Sei up in a hug that was so sudden and fierce that it startled her. "We're going to come eat with you," Suyeon said. "Thank you for everything you're doing for us. Thank you."

Sei managed to recover herself enough to return Suyeon's hug. "You're welcome," she said. "We didn't really do anything that special. Nothing you wouldn't have done for any of us." Rina and Lua chimed in with their agreement.

When she pulled away from Sei, everyone could see that Suyeon had tears running down her face. "I don't know what I did to deserve all of you, but I'm so glad I've got you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter