Surprising outings

More Ice Cream and Soju
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Elly, Yoojung, and Lua were still sitting in the living area chatting just after midnight when Suyeon, Lucy, and Doyeon came in. "Is everyone back?" Suyeon asked Elly.

Elly shook her head. "Sei and Rina are watching Joon-Ho's soccer game with Do-Hyun and some of his coworkers at a bar near the restaurant, and the game went into overtime."

Suyeon nodded. "They should be here soon then - a soccer game has to end sometime."

Just then the door opened behind Suyeon and Sei and Rina came in. "And apparently that game ended approximate one taxi ride ago," Elly said.

Suyeon turned to look at Sei and Rina. "And I'm guessing by those faces that Seoul E-land didn't win?"

Sei shook her head. "They won."

Suyeon looked perplexed. "Then why the long faces?"

"In the last play of the game," Rina said, "one of the Daejon Hana players did an illegal tackle against Joon-Ho and turned his ankle. Joon-Ho will probably be out longer with the injury than that player will be out on suspension!"

"Hell no!" Doyeon exclaimed. "They should revise the rules so that situations like that don't happen! That guy should be out all the time that Joon-Ho is out and then his suspension time should start! I'm writing a letter to the commissioner tomorrow!" Since Rina had started dating Joon-Ho, Doyeon had become quite a soccer fan.

"Thanks, Doyeon," Rina said, dabbing at her eyes. "And I'm sure it'll mean a lot to Joon-Ho that you feel that way. But that's enough about soccer for now - how did your date go?"

"I was just about to find out," Doyeon said. Turning to face Suyeon and Lucy, she clasped her hands and asked "How did my date go?"

Suyeon looked at Lucy and raised an eyebrow. Looking solemnly back at her, Lucy managed to restrain a smile as she nodded. They then turned to face Doyeon and Suyeon said "It went well. You may see him again."

"Really?" Lua exclaimed. "After how she met him? After he lied to her about who he was?"

Lucy nodded. "I stalked all his social media before tonight's date and everything seems to be on the up and up. Plus, I had Manager-nim call his law school and confirm that he's actually a student there."

Doyeon's jaw dropped. "You did not!"

"She did," Suyeon said proudly, putting her arm around Lucy's shoulder. "My girl's got your back."

Sei looked at Lucy, her eyes wide. "Maybe you should start working as a detective!"

Suyeon laughed. "I think Manager-nim would have something to say about that."

"It does sound like something out of a drama, though," Lucy said. "A lesbian K-pop singer who's secretly a detective!"

"I'd watch it," Suyeon said, "especially if you were in it." She tried and failed to stifle a yawn. "But not tonight," she said. "We've got a day off tomorrow and I don't want to sleep through it." She leaned forward and gave Lucy a quick kiss, then headed off to get ready for bed, calling out "Good night, everyone!"

Suyeon woke up and looked across the room, to see Yoojung sitting staring at her phone, a shocked look on her face.

"You're up early," Suyeon said. "Did Jun-Seo call you drunk after being out all night with his coworkers?"

Yoojung shook her head, her facial expression never changing. "He called me sober after being out all night with his coworkers." Looking at Suyeon, she exclaimed "He asked me to marry him."

"And what did you say?" Suyeon asked. Yoojung's mood this morning led her to believe she probably hadn't said yes, but knowing Yoojung, anything was possible."

"I told him I needed more time to think," Yoojung said, putting down her phone and looking fully awake for the first time. "I want to say yes, but I don't know if Weki Meki can survive me getting married on top of the revelation about you and Lucy, and I don't want to leave the group."

"And did you tell him that?" Suyeon asked.

Yoojung nodded. "He'd already thought of that," she said, "and he had a solution." She fell silent until eventually Suyeon had to prompt her to go on. Yoojung shook her head to clear it, then said "He wants us to get married, but we'll keep it a secret and I'll continue to live in the dorm."

Suyeon screwed her eyebrows up in puzzlement. "They why get married at all? I wonder-"

Whatever Suyeon wondered was put on hold by the sound of Rina banging on the door and calling out "Suyeon! Are you awake! I need to show you something!"

Suyeon jumped up and opened the door. "Come in before you wake everyone else up," she said. She sat Rina down, noting the worried look on her face, then sat down next to her and asked "What's wrong?"

"This," Rina said, holding out her phone to Suyeon.

Suyeon took the phone and started reading. A right-wing political group claimed that they had arranged for the attack on Joon-Ho. They went on to say that it was because of his statement of support for Lucy and Suyeon, and that they wouldn't stop until this kind of degeneracy was stamped out in Korea. "I wonder if Manager-nim has seen this," Suyeon said. Just then her phone rang. She looked at the screen as she picked it up. "Apparently so," she said grimly.

Rina and Yoojung waited while Suyeon talked to Manager-nim, trying to piece together what they could o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter