We will work it out, I trust you

I still love you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mia: What I mean is sometimes, we just have to let our heart tell us what we have to do next instead of using our logic. Sometimes the heart can be a better solution than your brain.

My conversation still ringed through my head, even when I was treating a patient. This was something that was easier said than to be done.

Jahoon: Looking through the test we have done today and from what I can see, there doesn’t seem to be anything serious with this strong baby boy. It seems like he is suffering from a little rash but you don’t have to worry. This is quite normal for babies since their skin hasn’t yet been adapted to the environment outside of their mommy’s belly, isn’t that right little one?

I poked the baby boy on his tighs, then his stomach, and lastly on his nose, making him smile widely. I couldn’t help but smile at the sight. His mum thanked me for the help and left the room after taking the receipt that I had given for herself. As soon as the door was closed, I breathed out a sigh. I looked at the door, thinking that was going to be me soon. Carrying a child like that in my arms, that would smile at me whenever they were looking at me. I breathed out again and smiled to myself. Suddenly my phone began to vibrate inside of my pocket. I took it out to find the caller id to be Jungeun.

Jahoon: Hello?

Jungeun: Honey…. are you free from work yet?

Jahoon: Just one more patient, then I’m free to go. Why?

Jungeun: There is something that I want to talk about and I also have something in preparation for you when you come home.

Jahoon: Ah okay…. I will finish about in about half an hour. I will be home by 5 pm.

Jungeun: Alright. See you and I love you.

Before I could even answer back, Jungeun had already cut off the line. I pulled my phone away from my ear and looked at it like it was going to ring again. That was weird….. Something was definitely bothering her. I could easily tell it from the tone of her voice but before I could think any further, the door to my room opened up again, revealing one of my secretaries that the patient was ready to be seen. I nodded and told them to come inside and continued doing my work but still with Jungeun on my mind.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jahoon: I’m home!

I took off my shoes and jacket at the entrance before walking inside the house with my bag in my right hand. As soon as I walked inside, I was greeted by the smell of food from the kitchen. Just at the thought of food, Jungeun’s head popped out from the kitchen and looked at me with a small smile.

Jungeun: Oh! You are home, honey! Go and clean up yourself first, then we can eat dinner together.

I nodded and followed her words, going into the bathroom to take a bath and also to gain the confidence I needed to confess to Jungeun. After I had finished, I just threw on some comfortable clothes and walked downstairs to see Jungeun already sitting at the dining table.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter