You are my only one

I still love you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*3 years later*

Nurse: Dr. Park! Please follow me! We have just gotten a critically injured patient in our ICU!

I took my stethoscope around my neck and quickly ran out of my office, following the nurse to the ICU room. It has been three years since Jungeun and I have arrived in South Korea. First, it was hard to adjust to the language and culture but luckily our bodies still remember and we were available to adjust within a few months.

Jahoon: Increase the air pressure and prepare the defibrillators.

I got on top of the patient and began pumping his heart with my hands. Even though that it has been a long time since Jinsoul and I have broken up and that I even got married, up to this day Jinsoul has never tried to stop trying to make things between us work again.

Nurse: The defibrillators are ready Dr. Park.

Jahoon: Give them to me. Everyone, please move a bit away. I will shock in three, two, one!

I placed the defibrillators on the patient’s chest and shock them. Somehow I didn’t felt angry or upset at all at Jinsoul’s attempts. I still love Jungeun with all my heart and I’m sure she is the only one for me, so is making me confused as to why I don’t feel any kind of hatred towards Jinsoul.

Jahoon: Increase the power to level 5 on the defibrillators, please.

Nurse: It’s ready Dr. Park.

Jahoon: I will shocking in three, two, one!

Maybe it is because I haven’t spent time with Jungeun lately? Being a doctor means that you have to work almost every day and for many hours. There are not many free days, and it is almost few to none for popular doctors like me. Doctors, who have a high success rate, are highly requested by a lot of rich patients and because the money-greedy hospital owners want the rich people’s money, they will do anything to fulfill the patients’ request. Even to the point of threatening. I have been a no exemption.

Jahoon: The patient’s heart is beginning to beat again. Please move her to the surgery room and begin to prepare for surgery.

Nurse team: Yes, doctor!

I got off the patient and quickly ran over to the surgery lockers, where I took of my coat and put on the surgery gears. But even though that I haven’t been to any exemption, I was still available to make a lot of times to be with Jungeun, in which she had been happy at first but lately, she has seemed like she has gotten disinterested in me? It could maybe also just be my own wild vivid imagining as an aftereffect of getting too exhausted.

Jahoon: Please give me the scalpel.

I took the scalpel from the nurse and we began the surgery. I feel very sorry for Jungeun like I have been a really bad wife to her by not giving her enough time. I should make it up for her! Yes, that it! Luckily I have some free days after today. I would be available to somehow make it up for her. I will take her on the most romantic date ever.

Jahoon: Alright, that was the last stitch and we are done! Please move the patient to room 216 for recovery.

I walked out of the surgery room after removing the surgery gown and talked to the devasted family members of my patient. I told them everything went well and that nothing seemed to be worried about. They thanked me and then left to visit the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter