New beginning

I still love you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*8 years later*

Mom: I’m so happy for you Hoonie~ Look at you~ You have done such a great job and worked so hard to fully now become a doctor and only at the age of 24 years. My baby is so amazing~

Mom pinched my cheeks a little bit too hard and shook them.

Jahoon: Mom~

I took her hands off and held them in my hands, swinging them slightly from side to side. Suddenly I was put into a headlock by my father.

Dad: Who's is this handsome daughter? Who's is this amazing daughter?

Jahoon: Dad~

I tickled him at his side, making him jolt away. Soon after I was tackled by Minju into a tight hug by my waist.

Minju: I knew it unnie! I knew you could do it! But you have to make up to me unnie~ For all of the times you had to decline our sister day due to you needing to study~

Minju pulled a bit away with a pout on her lips. I giggled and cupped her cheeks, kissing her on her forehead.

Jahoon: Of course~ Anything for my precious little sister~

I rubbed my nose with hers, making her giggle and poke me in my stomach a few times.

Friend: Hey Jahoon! Come over here! We are taking our last class photo!

Jahoon: I’m coming! My dad patted me on my back and pushed me in their direction.

Seems like it is the end of this chapter in my life. Where there is an end, there is a beginning.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Mom: Jahoon! My dear! Please come to the living room!

Jahoon: One minute, then I will be there!

I stood up from bed and put my phone in my pockets before fixing my clothes. I made my way downstairs, to see mom and dad sitting in the living room with a middle-aged couple and a girl, who seemed to be my age. As they all noticed my presence, they all turned their head to look at me. I locked eyes with the girl. She had really beautiful eyes. Her face structure, the way that her eyes, nose, and mouth perfectly aligned with each other, making her features stand out and make her very beautiful, if not the most beautiful girl in the world.

Dad: Jahoon? Jahoon!

I was brought back to the present when my father suddenly had appeared beside me and called my name while waving a hand in front of my face. I scratched my nape and mumbled a small sorry, smiling awkwardly. Mom, dad, and the middle-aged couple chuckled at me, while the girl was covering , trying to suppress her giggle. I could feel my body warm-up at the sight. I sat down between my mom and dad on the couch, right over for the girl, who was sitting between the couple. My dad put a hand on my shoulder, making me look at him.

Dad: This is Mr. and Mrs. Kim, who is the Skydome palace owner, one of the greatest businesses in Asia. Mr. Kim is also one of my dearest best friends from middle school. And the girl right in front of you is their daughter, Kim Jungeun. Seems like we don’t have to do much since you guys already seem interested in each other.

My dad poked me in the side with his elbow, making me flustered. I looked over to see Jungeun, being teased by her parents too. Her ears becoming gradually red. We made eye contact but quickly looked away. I coughed a bit and returned my attention to my father.

Jahoon: Is there any reason that you had called me mom and dad?

Mom and dad exchanged looks with each other, smiling suspiciously. Dad looked at me and gestured over to Jungeun with one hand.

Dad: Your mom and dad have talked with Mr. and Mrs. Kim and we have come to an agreement that you and Jungeun are going to marry each other.

I looked at my dad and then at my mom, surprised. I then turned to look at Jungeun, who looked back at me, seeming not so surprised by it. Mom held my left hand, making me face her.

Mom: We know that it may come a bit out of the blue for you, that is why you two should go out and spend some time with each other today. To get to know each other.

Dad: We don’t force you to say yes if you don’t want to and I know that Mr. Kim is thinking the same.

Mr. Kim: That is right. We don’t want to force either of you if you guys happened not to like each other or anything but we want you guys to give it a chance.

I nodded and looked at Jungeun, smiling at her, making her smile back at me.

Jahoon: Alright. I will give it a chance. Even though that may or may not happen, I will be available to get a new friend.

Dad: There is my positive daughter! Now, take Jungeun with you and spend some great time with each other. We old people will just sit here and talk with each other.

I stood up and reached a hand over to Jungeun, who gladly took it with a smile. I bowed to Mr. and Mrs. Kim and bid goodbye to them before leaving with the house with Jungeun. I opened the door to my car’s passenger seat and closed the door after Jungeun had sat down. I then walked over to the driver’s seat and sat down beside her.

Jahoon: So any places you want to go?

Jungeun: Maybe the mall? If you do not dislike it.

I shook my head and smiled at her before driving away to the mall.

 

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter