Chapter Four

Cinderella and the Treasure

INTRODUCING TREASURE

It’s Friday night, everyone have their own plans. The campus allowed students to go back to their dorms by 2 am. After that they will lock the gate and give merit points for the ones who couldn’t follow the rules.

Lucky for you, you’re staying outside of campus which give privilege to both you and your girls to stay over at your place incase one of them get’s dead drunk.

But all of you haven’t drink for a long time. Especially you. You can’t took a sip even if you wanted to. The girls somehow follow your footsteps. At first, all of you went to a place where you all can chill without drinking any alcohol. And after a while, it just stuck with them and they eventually stop drinking. They don’t even drink even when you’re not around.

You were waiting for the girls at the entrance gate of the dorms.

“Jasmine-ah!” Yunhee said grabbing your arm.

“Oh? Where the twins?” You asked noticing the twins is not behind her.

“They wanted to watch a football match at the campus field.” Yunhee rolled her eyes.

You make a confuse face. “Football? Since when they’re interested in sports?”

Yunhee clicked her tongue. “I know right?! Suddenly they said there’s a match and they want to watch it since everyone’s going.” Obviously annoyed at the sudden change of plans.

You chuckled and said “Do you want to watch it?” Yunhee look at you, “Honestly, I don’t even care anymore. I’ll just go wherever you guys go, as long as you take me along.”

You laugh, “Well then, we should spend more time together than just us two. Let’s go watch the game.” You turned towards the field direction.

Yunhee smiled “Yes sir! Let’s go!” Both of you started walking heading towards the field.

Bright lights and noises becoming more clear as you got closer to the field. “Whoa!” Yunhee amazed at the amount of people watching the game.

The campus football field is very big. It’s not as big as the campus football stadium but there are enough bleachers and space to sit around the field. Cheering becomes loud when the teams started warming up on the field. You smiled remembering some memories that you fond of.

“Oh! There they are!” Yunhee said pointing toward the twins at one of the top seat of the bleachers.

Both of you headed towards them and climbed up the stairs while apologizing to walk through the crowd.

“You guys made it!” Hiyeon excited said.

“Okay which one is he?” You asked almost yelling since it’s very noisy.

They both look at you, “What?”

You side eyed them, “Come on guys. Football? On Friday night?” you asked.

Yunhee finally understanding what’s going on gasp. “What? You ditched us for some crush?” Yunhee hit the twins lightly.

“Wahh, you scared us sometimes. I still can’t get used to you reading people.” Hiyeon said while hugging herself feeling creepy at your words.

You chuckled, “I don’t need any reading. This was just too obvious. You guys don’t know about football.”

“Hey hey, we know about football okay.” Hayeon defended herself and her twin.

“Please, you guys make so many ridiculous excuses when I asked to watch the game with me for the past 3 years.” You shot back.

They cleared their throat, “Fine! You caught us red handed.”

“Stupid.” Yunhee snickers that earned a light hit from Hiyeon.

“So Hiyeon, which one is he?” You asked.

Hiyeon raised her hands in disbelief. “Why is it always me? It’s not me!”

You make a confuse face and look at Hayeon “Hayeon? You have a crush on someone?” Yunhee gasp for nth time that night.

Hayeon avoiding eye contact and nodded. You all laugh and .

“What? Just because I’m tough all the time doesn’t mean I can’t have a crush right?” Hayeon said.

Yunhee keeps teasing her by nudging her arm.

You smiled looking at how Hayeon blushed. It’s weird seeing her like this. She’s always the jeans, boot wearing, denim jacket or leather jacket kind of girl. Boys tried to approach her many times but bail after just an eye contact with her.

She seems tough but she’s also soft and very caring inside. Hiyeon’s style is opposite. She’s friendly, bubbly, like to wear colourful clothes with sandals or heels (but not always). Eventhough she’s 12 minutes younger than Hayeon, she always becomes the big sister when she needs to. But they’re both caring and understanding. Your most favourite traits of them.

“There! The one in black team with the yellow thingy on his arm.” Hayeon pointed. All of you look at him.

“Kim Mingyu? The Engineering Department senior?” Yunhee asked. Hayeon didn’t look away from him and nodded.

“Wahh he’s really is good looking like they said.” Yunhee in awed. “I know right?!” Hayeon agreed. All of you can see how excited she is when Mingyu entered the field.

“Captain of the football team? Good choice Hayeon.” You smiled at Hayeon. She looked at you with a surprised expression, “How do you know he’s the captain? Is he that popular that even you know about him?”

You raised a brow. “What? No, the yellow thingy you said earlier, it’s called the Captain Armband. Only a captain wears them.” You explained.

“Ahh….” All three of them nodded finally understanding. You just chuckled.

“Okay Park Jasmine. Tonight, your job is to answer all the question regarding whatever happens on the field okay?” Hiyeon said with a leader tone.

“Yes sir.” You agreed. All of you pay attention to the field. Both of the teams finally entering the field and every player get in their designated position. You can see there’s the team in black uniforms and the other in white.

You look at the scoreboard and saw the name of each team “Seniors FC vs Juniors FC”

You made a weird face, “This can’t be an official football club name.” you thought. It seems too weird to be football club name.

You turned to Yunhee, “What’s the match for again?”

“Umm, I heard it was like a graduating from the football team sort of game and they said it was for their friends.” Yunhee said.

You got even more confuse, “For who’s friends?”

Yunhee shrugged, “Beats me. I heard them say it.”

You thought for a while and finally get’s it. “You mean A Friendly?” you asked.

“Yes! Exactly! I forgot what it was called.” Yunhee facepalmed.

You just shake your head and chuckled at your friend’s word before paying attention to the game.

The cheering got louder as the senior’s team got the ball and finally made a goal. Hayeon was delighted as the one who scored is her Mingyu sunbaenim. You all laugh at her action.

The junior team possessed the ball this time, they attempt a shoot and scores! They are now tied with 1-1.

“Damn, Bang Yedam is really good.” You heard someone sitting infront of you said. The name sound so familiar. You turned toYunhee.

“Who was it that scored earlier? I didn’t see.” You asked her.

Yunhee look around and pointed, “Ahh there he is. The one wearing a hairband. I think his name is Bang Ye..Yedam. Yeah Bang Yedam. He’s really good.”

Your eyes widen a bit realizing he is the same Bang Yedam that you bumped into in the music room. His words still make you smile.

“One talented kid.” You thought while looking at him dribbling the ball.

After 60 minutes, the game end and people started to walk around while some even leave the campus to spend the rest of their Friday night. In normal football match, it’s supposed to be 90 minutes. But since it’s a friendly, they don’t want to have any serious injuries since a big game coming up in few weeks. So the friendly ended early.

It’s only 9:30 pm. The girls decided not to leave the campus and just spend the rest of the night at the field. The girls bought some hotdogs from one of the food trucks prepared by the campus and you all have a chat while sitting on the side of the field. Meawhile, Hayeon trying to figure out how to approach her crush when she sees him around the campus.

After a while you went alone to buy a drink at the food truck. While waiting for your drink, some girls passed by while fangirling.

“OMG! Did you see Bang Yedam? He was so cool!” one of the girls said that made you glanced at them.

“I know right? And Asahi tho! Like wow.” The other fangirled.

“Now I know why they said the Treasure boys are our campus pride. They’re smart, good looking, talented and definitely boyfriend material.” The other one continues which makes all of them jumping up and down excitedly which earns a weird look from you.

“Miss? Here’s your drink.” The barista of the food truck called you.

“Ahh right. Thank you.” You thanked him.

“If Treasure an idol group, I’m pretty they’ll have a solid fandom. Don’t you think?” he said while smiling and continue working.

You don’t know how to respond to that. So you just take a sip of your drink and walk towards the field.

The girls are laughing and you asked them what’s so funny.

“Yunhee just said that if she managed to date one of the Treasure boys she’ll study really hard and be rich one day so she can make him stay since she have money.” Hiyeon said while laughing.

You just smiled and chuckled.

“It’s true! He have no excuse to cheat on me.” Yunhee said while unwrapping a candy.

You cleared your throat, not sure how to ask them the question you were thinking of.

“So umm, do all the people in this campus knows this Treasure people?” you asked.

Hayeon who’s playing with her phone immediately turn her attention to you.

“Who doesn’t?” she asked.

You didn’t even get to say anything when all of them looks at you.

“You don’t know who Treasure is?” Yunhee asked in disbelief while taking out the lollipop from .

You shook your head slowly, “I don’t recall them being in our orientation topic.” You sarcasmly said.

“Well, you should atleast heard of them? Like know who in Treasure?” Hiyeon asked.

All of three of them focus on you.

“The question is, what is a Treasure?” you asked making all of them gasps and facepalming in disbelief.

“Jasmine, since you take a semester break last semester. I’ll forgive you. But listen, you don’t say that when other people’s around okay?” Hayeon said while holding your hand.

You keep blinking at what she just said.

“Those people, are literally like the treasure of this campus. No one can talk about them.” Yunhee continued.

“Once you did, you’re gonna spend the rest of your years here like a living hell. So it’s better to not know them at all than talked about them. That’s a big no no.” Hiyeon said that sounds more like a warning.

“Let’s start.” Yunhee fix her posture while holding her phone up with a picture of who you guess must be Treasure.

“Treasure is a 12 members group. They’re not an idol group, but they’re like our campus version of idols.” Yunhee started.

“They even have fanclubs all over the campus.” Yunhee said that made you widened your eyes.

“They found each other like destiny.” Hiyeon continue. “They live nearby each other, even went to school with each other and somehow ended up in the same university. That’s what we called FATE my friends.”

You just listened because your friend’s action is amusing to see.

“They conquered almost all clubs existed in this campus. We have Choi Hyunsuk, in the Football club. But he graduted from the team to focus on his final year project. Which is also the rule of the football team. The match we just my dear friends, is the last game for Hyunsuk.” Hiyeon wiping her non-existence tear.

“But to no avail, we have Asahi, the quiet, good sculptured looking but talented in almost everything he does in the football team. Complimented each other will be Bang Yedam. People called him God-Yedam. He’s just, perfect. No other words perfect suited him other than perfect.” Hiyeon said while holding to her chest as if her heart is visible to see.

“Not surprised with Yedam.” You thought since he left a big and good impression on you.

“Along with Asahi, the talented good looking Japanese Line of Treasure, Yoshi, Mashiho and Haruto. I have never since a perfect unit like them. And they even speak multiple languages which is a very y brain thing.” Hayeon continue this time.

“Yoshi, he’s in the broadcasting club and the composing club. He’s the president for both clubs. A foreigner did that.” She said which also earned a wow from you impressed at this Yoshi person.

“We have Mashiho, the monster basketball captain. Don’t fall for his monster skills as he can also beat you in singing, rapping and dance competition. Which also where Haruto comes in. The only different of these two are their heights and he’s in the Rapping club. Haruto just have that model, perfect structured cold face.” Hayeon said while zooming at Haruto picture.

“I heard that some girl cried after she confessed to him.” Yunhee said.

“What? Why? What did he do?” You asked very confused.

“That’s the thing. He just stared at her. She left crying.” Yunhee continued.

You make a weird face and thought “Haruto. When in sight, avoid.”

“And now we’re onto the sweet talk, flirty but single guys.” Hiyeon’s turn to continue.

“I’m sorry, the what now?” you asked making sure you heard the words earlier clearly.

Hiyeon smirked, “Jaehyuk, Jeongwoo and Doyoung. The Bermuda Triangle of Campus Association Club.”

“Jaehyuk can fool girls with his sweet smile and sweet talk. Which is scarier when you see him rejecting girls. He still smiles and said sweet words that made the girls having even a harder time to move on.” Hiyeon put his picture close to your face and you pushed her hand away lightly.

Hiyeon continued, “Jeongwoo’s a funny guy which makes him also deadly. He makes girls fall for his witty remarks but rejected them with also witty remarks. And we have Doyoung, the cute looking, stylish one. Don’t fall for his cute face. He’ll wink at you and talk to you but he won’t remember who you are the next day you said hi to him.”

“So Junghwan.” Hiyeon paused, “Honestly, he’s just a kid. A very cute kid. Nothing deadly about him. He don’t even talked to girls and he’s in the Taekwondo club, so yeah. Moving on.”

“Oh..kay.” you said blinking with a confuse expression.

“And we have Kim Junkyu.” Yunhee continue this time. But all three of them went quiet and just stared at his picture.

“Uhh guys?” you clapped your hands to snapped them back to reality.

“Ohh right.” Yunhee said. “Umm, I really have nothing to say about him.”

You raised a brow, “Why? Is he bad or something? He doesn’t look like it.”

“Yeah that’s the thing.” Hayeon said. “He really just minding his own business. He likes to be alone and likes to eat. We don’t see him much with the Treasure boys too. Just occasionally.”

“But,” Hiyeon remembered something. “He’s crazy talented with piano. He’s always taking the lead in the Piano club. And have a unique singing voice. So technically he’s that perfect guy that you want but can’t have because he chose his life that way.”

“Another unique character. Lovely.” You thought and shook your head.

“Last but not least.” Yunhee showed the last picture. “Park Jihoon.”

“Oh? I know him.” You thought but don’t say anything.

The girls noticed you stared at the picture a bit too long. “Wuuuu seems like someone found her type.” Hiyeon nudged you.

“Who? Me?” you asked pointing at yourself. The girls smirked.

You just shook your head and say “Last one, please continue. My head hurts.”

Yunhee chuckled and continue where she left off.  “Park Jihoon. The skateboard hottie.”

You closed your eyes and leaned “I’m sorry, what now?” you asked after opening your eyes.

“This dude have a killer body, killer eye smile, killer smile, dead talented. He’s literally the definition of ‘I want a boyfriend that can skate, sing and dance’.” Yunhee said that received a nod from the twins.

“One thing I’m curious tho.” Hayeon said. “Why he haven’t played basketball? I thought he and Mashiho was like the inseparable duo few semesters back. They killed every team they go against.”

You were surprised to hear it.

“Not sure. I heard that he voluntarily quit the team. Some just said he couldn’t beat Mashiho in competing for the captain position and Mashiho ended up getting it.” Hiyeon said with a serious tone.

You nodded somehow feeling bad about it.

“And there you have it, our complete presentation of Treasure. Thank you thank you!” Yunhee, Hayeon and Hiyeon stand up while holding each other’s hand bowed like they’re on the stage or something.

You gave them a clap and nodded.

So,” you said, making them pay attention to you, “they’re popular, talented, good looking gems of our campus?”

“Yes.” They all nodded in unison.

“Messed with them and their fan clubs comes find you.” You continued

“Bingo.” They all said.

“Okay got it.” You said.

“Technically if anyone sees me with one of them, I’m dead. No issue about that.” You thought and sighed thinking about how you’re actually partnering with one of them for your assignment.