Chapter One

Cinderella and the Treasure

THE BEGINNING OF A SEMESTER

Author’s POV

“THEY’RE AT THE COURT!” A girl yelled grabbing all the attention of her classmates. Both boys and girls.

They all immediately stop what they are doing and ran out of the class heading to the basketball court.

The girl that yelled earlier keep yelling through out the hallway which immediately made the other classes ran out too.

“They’re at the court?” One boy who was just taking out the trash asked his other friends after hearing the yelling.

They all look at each other and started running towards the court.

It was a hectic morning. Right about now, some students just arrived. Some just started class and some just minding their own business. But the majority, are heading or already at the basketball court. Cheering the teams that’s going to play.

10 boys on the court. 5 members each in 2 teams. One guy with a whistle.

The centers are looking at each other with a smirk on their face. The whistle blow and the ball is up.

One of the centers manage to pass the ball to his teammates and the game instantly start with shoes squeaking everywhere.

“I’m open!” One of them yelled. They passed and passed and the first point received.

The court is full with cheering from both the students and the players.

They start again. Faster than before. The other team got the upper hand this time and manage to score a point.

“Not bad for someone short” one of the center said to the other.

The other smiled and said “What’s the point of being tall if you’re this slow?”

They both smirked and started again.

The crowd goes wild and most girls are just fangirling over the players instead of actually watching the game.

“TREASURE! TREASURE! TREASURE!” the crowd chant.

The 10 minutes match ended with a tie. All the crowds cheered and a guard came with a megaphone.

“Okay! Okay! Everyone please leave and go to class or something. The court is for team members only.”

Everyone started mumbling under their breathe and walked towards the exit.

“Boys please. If you keep having random match here, I won’t be able to control those kids anymore.” The guard told them. Technically almost begging.

The now 12 boys, after another 2 joining late, looks at the guard and smiled. “We’re sorry Mr.Han. We closed the door. But someone forgot to locked it.” One of the center from earlier side eyed one of s.

Mr.Han nodded and sigh “Just remember to lock the door next time. I can’t have another yelling from your coach about this. Mashiho-ssi, please. You’re the captain here. You know how this turns out if he finds out.”

Mashiho, the basketball team captain smiled and did a salute sign to show he understands. “Yes sir. Thank you Mr.Han.” Mr.Han nodded and then left.

Everyone then immediately turn to someone who’s just wearing his jacket and hit him lightly. “Park Jeongwoo. How many times did we tell you to lock the doors everytime you came in?” one of them said.

“Yahh yaah!” He keep moving his body to avoid the hits. “I’m sorry I’m sorry! It was too hectic. Before I could even lock the door the people already coming in.” Jeongwoo said defending himself.

They all rolled their eyes while wiping of their sweats and some even change shirts. “Thank God I bring extra shirt. I knew ya’ll gonna do this everytime we’re not ready.” A guy with a sweet smile namely Jaehyuk complained.

“Yeah, you guys really need to give us a heads up. We all have classes after this. I can’t wear sweaty shirt during lectures.” One of the top student in the university, Bang Yedam said.

The others nodded in agreement. “Okay okay I’m sorry. I Park Jihoon. Promise to my beloved Treasure members to give a heads up before any random matches.” One of the centers from earlier, Park Jihoon raised his hand while saying the oath.

The others just snickers. “Yeah sure” Hyunsuk said while fixing his beanie.

“But Mashiho hyung, will you not be in trouble from your coach for letting us in here?” Junghwan, the youngest of them all and actually in his first semester asked worriedly.

“Yeah, I thought only the basketball team allowed in this court?” Doyoung, the dude with denim jacket and yellow socks asked.

Mashiho smiled and said “Don’t worry about it. I’m in the team and the captain. No one will say anything”

That earns a “Wooooo~” from the boys. Then Mashiho looks at Jihoon who just gave him the ball. Mashiho looks at him with a regret in his eyes and Jihoon noticed it and smile while putting his arm around him pulling towards the exit.

“Stop with the guilt. I don’t play because I wanted to.” Jihoon comforted Mashiho with the words that he keeps replaying to him for almost a year.

“And you still can be on the team you know? Let me convince the coach one more time. We make a killer team this season with you and me in it.” Mashiho pleaded Jihoon.

Jihoon smiled “We do make a killer team but I can’t. My basketball days are over. I might actually lose my knee if I enter the team. You know that.”

Mashiho nodded “Yeah you’re right. I’m sorry. I just really like seeing you play. You’re really good at it.”

Jihoon laugh “Wahh a captain of the basketball team complimented me? My day have never been better.”

They both laugh and head towards their class while the boys smiling behind them after hearing their conversation.

Some of them in the same class and some of them headed to different class.

Jihoon, Hyunsuk and Junkyu were talking while entering their class. Their talking stops when they realized the class is packed and the people were all whispering and giggling while looking at the three of them.

The three of them looked at each other weirdly and head’s down while walking towards the top middle back of the class. They sat down and avoiding eye contacts with the people staring at them. The staring are especially from the girls.

“I thought Asahi and Yoshi said this subject is not popular. What the hell is this?” Hyunsuk leaning towards Jihoon and Junkyu, whispering.

“I know right? I recalled registering for this class the other day. There were barely 10 people. Even after three of us registered.” Junkyu questioned at the now the full packed class.

Jihoon sitting in between them make a confuse face as why is this class suddenly popular when Asahi and Yoshi, who took this class, History of Arts, last semester said there were only 15 people taking it because the subject is full with theory and writing assignments.

“This is weird. Let’s ask them.” Jihoon took out his phone and started asking their group chat attaching the full of people class photo.

Jihoon: HAMADA ASAHI! KANEMOTO YOSHINORI! I THOUGHT YA’LL SAID NO ONE LIKES THIS CLASS! THE FCK IS THIS ?!?

Asahi: What? What class is this?

Hyunsuk: HISTORY OF THE MOTHERFCKING ARTS

Haruto: Lol tough luck

Jeongwoo: Heol! The class looks like a motherfcking concert :O

Yoshi: Huh?? Why are there so many people?

Doyoung: *is typing..

Junkyu: Ya’ll tell us. I thought no one like this class? Hell, I thought no one knows this class existed?!

Asahi: That’s odd.

Doyoung: *is typing..

Yoshi: Maybe some of them also know no one takes this class and decided to take it this semester.

Jihoon: SOME?! This looks like the whole batch -_-“

Hyunsuk: Doyoung, honey, what in the hell you keep typing for that long?

Doyoung: I heard from my classmates that there are people leaking the students register details. So that they can be in the same class as the people they want. Maybe that’s why there are many people in yours. Maybe they’re your fans.

Jeongwoo: You mean OUR fans? 😉

Junkyu: Shut up Park Jeongwoo!

Jihoon: ….

Hyunsuk: ….

Asahi: Oh, then goodluck. Bye

Yoshi: Don’t worry the lecturer will have to remove some of them so that the quota won’t be overloaded. Just wait. FIGHTING!

The three of them close the group chat and sigh. “Who in the world would like to be in the class that you don’t even like for the sake of being with your crush?! Who?” Hyunsuk complained.

“I guess most of them.” Junkyu said pouting while looking at the whole class avoiding any eye contact with anyone.

Jihoon ruffled his hair and take a deep breathe. “Let’s just go through today, see what happens and if we don’t like it class, we can change class later. How about that?”

“Deal!” Junkyu and Hyunsuk agreeing in unison with Jihoon suggestion.

The lecturer came in and the class finally turn their attention to the front.

“Wow. Now this is something you don’t see everyday.” Professor Lee, a very well dress, mid 40’s, quite good looking for his age, said while folding his sleeves.

He looks at the paper in his hands which is probably the class name list.

“43? Huh.” He said in a calm tone and look around the class. He fold is arms and leaned on the table. “You guys don’t look like the History of Art type. You all look too stylish.” he said that made everyone laugh.

He smiled, “I’m flattered that you guys somehow “INTERESTED” in this class.” He sarcasmly said. “But I can’t have more than 30 in this class.”

As soon as he said that all of them started complaining and mumbling.

“Thank God!” Junkyu sigh in relief while Jihoon and Hyunsuk smiled feeling relieved too.

“I know I know. It’s a bother to look for other subject. But that’s the rules.” he lifted the name list again. “The first 30 people who registered will stay. And the rest, I’m sorry but you can’t come to the next class.”

The students complaining again but the professor didn’t bat an eye. “But don’t worry, I’ll mark today’s attendance and passed it to your new registered class. Just make sure to register faster. Okay?”

“Yes professor.” The class said in unison.

“Good. First of all, my name is-“ the professor was about to start the class when someone enter the class grabbing all the attention.

The girl, standing at the door. Wearing a mid waist cardigan with straight cut jeans with a cap and earphones. Walking slowly towards the professor while taking of her earphones and bowed. “Sorry I’m late.”

“And I’m sorry too because I’ll only be accepting the first registered 30 students in this class. Not the rest. Especially when they are late. But you can have a sit.” He said pointing towards the sits.

All the students starting whispering bad things saying about how she’s late for first class and that she won’t be accept in other class if she’s late again.

Jihoon, Hyunsuk and Junkyu just look at each other worrying about how the professor is strict when it comes to attendance. “We need to wake up way way earlier whenever we have his class.” Junkyu whispers. Both Jihoon and Hyunsuk nodded in agreement.

The girl took off her cap and said “But I’m, the first one to register to this class.” The professor finally see the girl face clearly and chuckled.

“Ofcourse you did. Have a sit. No more tardiness Miss Park Jasmine. I have my eyes on you.” The professor said while marking YOUR name in the list.

Everyone look at each other weirdly seeing how the professor know the your name.

You bowed and headed towards the sits. Some boys stared at you and whispers “Whoa, she’s pretty.” “She looks like an ice queen” “Isn’t she THE Park Jasmine?” some gasps after realizing who you are.

Some girls started to whispers and side eyed you too.

You ignored them and just headed to the left side, sitting at the corner back of the class where no one sits. The Treasure boys in the row in front of you only that they sat in the middle side.

The three curious Treasure boys don’t know why the attention is now to you. So they look at your direction too.

You didn’t even bat an eye and just taking out your notebook. You sensed some staring and look at the Treasure boys direction which surprised them. They all immediately pretended to pay attention to the front. “She gives me chills.” Junkyu said while hugging himself.

“As I was saying.” The professor said diverting the attention back to him. “My full name is Lee Deok Hwa. And I’ll be teaching History of Arts. The syllabus for this semester will be” he started writing on the white board and everyone jotted down in their notebook.

The first class was full with introduction of the subject. After an hour plus, the class ended. Since it’s only the first class, it ended earlier than it’s supposed to.

Everyone’s leaving the class after they were dismissed. The Treasure boys already heading to the door after bowing to the professor who is cleaning the whiteboard.

“I think something wrong with my phone. Can I borrow yours Jihoon?” Hyunsuk ask.

Jihoon nodded as reached to his pocket but his phone isn’t there. “Ohh? Where’s my phone?” he keep touching all of his pockets. They all stopped walking.

“Did you left it under the table?” Junkyu asked.

Jihoon sighed and said “I did. Go first. I’ll catch up.”

Both Hyunsuk and Junkyu just shake their heads and continue walking.

As Jihoon climbed the stairs toward his table, he almost bumped into you who was just about to leave.

“Oh sorry.” Jihoon apologized. You bowed back and put on your cap before continue walking. Jihoon just bit his lip “Ohhkay.” And reached under his table for his phone.

He take it out and headed down when he heard the professor and you talking.

“How’s your break?” the professor asked you.

“It was, okay.” you answered but he can sense your tone are somewhat dispirited.

The professor sighed, “You know it’s not your fault that you had to retake classes? Things are just bound to happen whether we like it or not.”

Jihoon raised his brow feeling that the professor is actually comforting you?

You nodded, “I know. I just want time to pass quickly.”

The professor nodded, “We all do. Don’t worry about it. I’ll see you in the next class.” he said and you bowed before heading out the door.

Jihoon can’t believe he just eavesdrop the conversation and feels bad and tried to make a run for it before the professor noticed he’s still there.

But, it was too late.
 

“You. Basketball guy.” The professor said that made Jihoon who is already at the door turned and surprised at what he just called him.

“Me?” Jihoon asked.

“Then is it me?” the professor smiled while packing his file and walked towards Jihoon.

Before the professor could even say anything, Jihoon immediately apologized for eavesdropping.

“I’m so sorry. I didn’t mean to. I never done this before. It’s just you guys were so close and I was-“ “Calm your horses baller.” Jihoon was cut by the professor.

“What?” Jihoon said.

“I just want you to switch off the lights when you passed the door.” The professor said.

“Ahh..” Jihoon feeling embarrassed.

The professor chuckled and said “You’re a good kid. I wouldn’t worry about what you heard anyway.”

Jihoon raised a brow. “Why? You don’t know me. Wait, how did you know I play basketball?” finally realising that the professor have been calling him a baller earlier.

The professor smiled and said “I’m a good friend of your coach. Former coach. Sorry.” Jihoon just nodded finally understanding.

“He told me a lot of good things about you. So, I’m not worried about you.” He then pat Jihoon’s shouder before leaving. “Off the lights for me. Thanks.”

Jihoon was too stunned to say anything and just sigh while switching off the lights before closing door.