Chapter Two

Cinderella and the Treasure

“CINDERELLA”

Author’s POV

Finally, you arrived at your favourite campus café. There’s a lot of students there since it’s one of the popular café in your campus.

“Hey! Great to see you again.” The cashier girl greeted you. You have been going to this café since your first semester and the people working here even become your acquaintances somehow.

Most of the staff are not students as they don’t allow students to work while studying unless they worked outside campus and not get caught by the university that is.

You smiled and said “Can I have the usual please?”

The girl smiled “Ofcourse! One Ice Cappucino for Miss Park Jasmine please!” she loudly said to the baristas.

You paid and head upstairs to your usually table after taking your drink.

The café is a double story café. People usually hangout at the main floor as the top floor is like mini library when people do work and assignments. Most of them come to study or just chilling alone.

That‘s why you love the top floor. The view is great. A campus view. And just books surrounding you which is your favourite thing in the whole world.

After taking a sip, you leaned on the chair and look at the view. You thought about how hectic today was. From waking up early but still late to class.

“Stupid elevator.” You mumbled. “Maybe I should reconsider moving to the girl’s dormitories.” You thought.

You lived alone at an luxurious apartment that your parents bought for you. It’s just 10-15 minutes walked to the campus but the elevator is always full with people and sometimes even broke down. Your place is almost on the top floor, and the people from floors below always get’s the elevator first. Sometimes they even get on the elevator who is heading up leaving you with no space.

Your parents and family all live in America. You had no choice but to finish your study here in Korea. But you don’t mind. You lived in America too long before, so living in a country where you actually born is not a bad thing.

A ringtone bring you back to reality. You look at the caller ID and you smiled.

“Yes Miss Yunhee?” you asked as soon as you answered the phone.

“WHY YOU DIDN’T TELL US YOU’RE BACK?!” “WHERE ARE YOU?!” “JASMINE I SWEAR TO GOD”

Voices that almost destroyed your eardrums. You pulled away the phone immediately while sighing.

“I’m not gonna answer anything unless you guys calm down and speak one by one.” You said.

“Where the hell are you?” Yunhee asked.

“I’m at the café.” You answered calmly.

“Okay! Wait there. We’re coming to get you.” Hiyeon.said more like ordering you.

“No wait. I’ll meet you guys half way. I’ll wait at the fountain” you said and hang up.

You then leave the café. It’s not like you don’t want them to come to the café, it’s just that your friends will surely speak so loud that will bother other people there.

You sat down at the fountain while taking a sip of your drink.

“Park Jasmine!” someone yelled.

You look up and ofcourse you’re not surprised to see three girls running towards you. Not sure if they are happy to see you and want to kill you.

Suddenly you’re surrounded by hugs that almost made you fall into the water.

“Omaigad we miss you so much!” Hayeon said while all of them holding your arms left and right very tightly.

You chuckled “I miss you guys too.”

“I can’t believe you’re back! Why didn’t you tell us?” Yunhee asked lightly hit your arm.

You smiled and did an apology hand gesture. “I’m sorry for being a bad friend and not telling anything. I just didn’t find the right timing yet.”

Hiyeon smiled and shook her head “No that’s okay. No need for explanation.”

Hayeon nodded, “Yeah that’s okay. We understand. We’re just happy you’re back.”

They all pulled you into a hug again.

All four of you are now at the campus cafeteria. You all chatted while eating. Seeing all of them again makes you even lighter on your feet.

Yunhee, the first person you met when you entered high school in South Korea. Your parents had to move from America and you have no choice but to finish high school here.

It’s hard to make friends when you’re already in your last year of school. Thankfully you met Yunhee. She’s a bubbly girl but sometimes got bullied for being too friendly. But she never loses her smile.

She said she’s so grateful to meet you because the bullies spread bad rumours about her for the final year and everyone decided to outcast her. She said it’s better that way than being bullied.

You were lost on your first day of school and bumped into her when she was crying in the ladies room. You hesitate to asked her at first but you both made eye contact so you just decided to ask her where’s the teacher’s lounge is.

You followed her around as she was assigned to show you around the school. You noticed how she avoided eye contact with anyone. Some girls even pulled you away few times to persuade to not being friends with her.

Being in an American school for so long, you know exactly how the whole outcasting and bullying works. You’re not even surprised.

Even after all that you still eat and go together with Yunhee. She even asked why you’re still friends with her when you never asked why is she being outcasted. You always shrugged the questions away until you both graduated and ended up in the same university eversince.

Hayeon and Hiyeon are twins. You met them on your first semester. You were in the same class for Introduction of Arts with Hayeon and your mind got fcked up when you’re in the same class as Hiyeon for other subject the next period. They both wear different clothes which weirded you out even more.

When you saw them together, it all finally makes sense. They look the same but very different in terms of personality and sense of fashion. That’s why it’s easier to differentiate them. But both of them are very lovely.

And that’s how four of you become friends. You’re the most quiet among them but they never force you to talk or push you into something you don’t want to do. They understand you so much to the point that even if you don’t look or text them for a whole week, they would still cheerfully greet you the next time you guys met.

You guys were having a great time catching up with each other when suddenly someone snickers. “Look who we have here? It’s the Cinderella family.”

That made all of you turn and you immediately regret that you did.

“It’s the twin freaks, Cinderella and her rat.” She continue while her 3 other friends laugh.

Hayeon immediately stand up with her fist ready to punch but was pulled back down by Hiyeon. All of the girls got surprised and backed away.

“Grow up Gyuri.” Yunhee shot her a glare.

Gyuri scoffed, “You guys have the nerve to walk around with your heads up after ruining my prom night?”

All four of you make a disbelief expression.

“That was like what? 6 months ago? And no one ruined anything for you. You just couldn’t accept it when someone took all the attention from you.” Hayeon responded.

“Yeah dude. Move fcking on.” Hiyeon continued.

You can tell Gyuri’s eyes glistening with hatred. Clearly she haven’t move on from what happened at last semester’s Prom Night.

“Gyuri.” You said while standing up facing her. “I know you hated me for that. But like I apologized before it wasn’t intentional.”

She just bit her lip listening to you with her fist balled up.

“I’m sorry I took all the attention when you won the Prom Queen title. But you won. Isn’t that what you want? To win a fake diamond crown to put on your head?” you calmly said.

Her friends started to mumbled cursed words to you.

“Why don’t you faint here like what you did before so you can make me look bad again? Only this time,” she come closer to your face. “Don’t wake up.”

Your three friends and stand up at the same time “YAAH!”

The whole cafeteria looks at your direction.

You were staring at Gyuri’s eyes. As much as you’re disappointed that she said that, you were used to it. So you let out a small smile to her and said “Congrats for winning Prom Queen. Go ahead and do your speech. You got all the attention now.” You then picked up all your things and walked away.

You didn’t realized the Treasure boys were entering the cafeteria and saw the situation since everyone were looking at your direction.

You walked passed the boys, didn’t even realized they were there.

Gyuri’s were patted at the back and comforted by her friends. She was about to turn and yelled at you when she was surprised to see the Treasure boys standing there.

“Treasure.” She whispered. “Hi!” she greeted while fixing her hair and clothes.

The boys just walked passed her and continue to sit at their usual table.

Gyuri can feel her face getting red from the embarrassment and quickly stomped away followed by her clique.

“Jasmine knows the boys are there. She’s doing this on purpose and I’m not letting it go this time.” Gyuri said to herself.

“Wow. I thought the whole drama thing ended in high school? I guess I was wrong.” Junkyu said to the others.

“I second that.” Jeongwoo agreed while chewing rice.

“But what was it about tho?” Hyunsuk asked making a confuse face.

They all shrugged except for Doyoung who said, “Probably about the Prom Night issue.” And continue putting more food in his mouth.

They all turned to him.

“Yeah. It’s probably that. I heard they called the girl Cinderella. But instead of leaving her glass slipper, she fainted exactly at 12 am and people had to bring her to the hospital. ” Junghwan said while chewing his burger.

This time the other 10 boys attention is at Junghwan.

“Right! THE Park “Cinderella” Jasmine. She fainted exactly when Gyuri Sunbaenim was about to give her speech. It was chaotic.” Doyoung continue his story.

The boys are now keep going back and forth between the two maknae line.

“Very chaotic. Gyuri sunbaenim didn’t even get to say her speech and the event ended right away. Everyone said she was furious but it’s just a speech. Why is she making such a big deal out of it.” Junghwan shook his head with his mouth full.

This time Doyoung nodded, “Agreed. I don’t understand that either. Maybe because their girls.”

Junghwan nodded and was about to bite his burger when he and Doyoung realized all 10 of Treasure is now staring at them. Wondering how they know all the details to that story.

“How on earth a first and second semester kid know the story about a senior’s Prom Night?” Jaehyuk asked with his eyebrow raised.

Both Doyoung and Junghwan swallowed their food.

“I..I heard the story from my classmates. One of their sister were there when it all happened.” Doyoung explained.

“Y..yeah. One of my senior in the Taekwondo club was telling stories so I heard them.” Junghwan’s turned to explained.

“That’s not an excuse to eavesdropped on people.” Haruto said hitting Junghwan head.

“What’s good if you have good grades but no common sense.” Yoshi hit Doyoung’s head next.

Both Doyoung and Junghwan rubbed their head while pouting.

They all shake their heads and continue eating.

Suddenly two notifications sound was heard. Asahi and Yedam look at their phone and both cursed “Oh !” that made all of them taken by surprised.

They both immediately chewed on their food and stand up quickly “Sorry guys. Duty calls.” Yedam said while ruffling Jeongwoo’s hair.

Asahi just waved his hand quietly with his mouth full and quickly run with Yedam followed after.

“What was that all about?” Jihoon questioned but somehow his tone doesn’t sound like he’s interested to know why.

“Their football coach called them in for an emergency meeting.” Mashiho who sat next to Asahi earlier said since he saw the notification.

Hyunsuk chuckled, “Good luck boys. My days are over. It’s your turn.” He then eat happily.

“Wahh how come a graduated football captain be happy seeing his junior suffers.” Yoshi said in disbelief.

Hyunsuk just shrugged and continue eating.