quarantine

timothee

The sound of UMI’s “Highschool” played in the background of the apartment they were staying in during their time in London. Filling all the rooms with peaceful melodies, in this time of chaos. They were currently stuck in the apartment her boyfriend's manager had put them in, unable to go back to the states because London had closed their borders due to the virus. Well, she was stuck in their apartment. Timothee was taking a walk, grabbing their last cups of coffee from their favorite shop a few blocks away before it closed for social distancing and quarantine help. 

She was swaying absentmindedly around their flat, letting the breeze from the open windows in the livingroom guide her steps. While dancing along, she had missed the sound of her boyfriend entering the space and putting the “to go” coffee on the countertop. Timothee smiled to himself as he watched, keeping his eyes on her while taking a sip of his coffee. With her back turned to him he took her in. Her short cut curls that barely stood above her head, her small feet with the toenails painted white, her fingers with his rings on them

Deciding to go over to her - timothee not wanting to be found staring creepily- he wrapped an arm around her shoulders, the other finding a spot on her waist. She was startled at first, as he could feel when she stiffened briefly, before relaxing back into him.

“Green tea?” She asked, closing her eyes as the two swayed together to the music.

“Sweetened.” He finished, repeating back to her how she liked her order.

“Thank you my love.” She said, moving her head back to kiss him lightly on the cheek. He hummed in response, pecking her neck gently as she turned back around to face the open window.

“I’m sorry you have to be stuck here with me.” Timothee apologized. The only reason she had come was to keep him company as he did press, knowing how anxious doing it alone made him feel. She could be back in new york with her friends and her own career. But instead, she was here with him, waiting anywhere from three to seven hours for him to return home. Only for him to get home, go straight to bed and do the same thing over again. 

“I don’t mind.” She shrugged, her hand covering the one he had on her hip. She heard him let out a sigh in her ear, feeling his floppy brown hair brush over her collarbone as he frustratingly hung his head on her shoulder.  She giggled lightly, moving her head down to gently kiss his forehead. Timothee hummed in content, hugging her even closer into him.

“Timmy?”

“Hm?”

“Can you let me get my tea.”

He shook his head from left to right, starting to walk back towards their bedroom.

“Hey, no. I want my tea.” She said, laughing gently as she tried to swat his hands off of her. 

“The tea can wait. I’m more important.” He said, fully lifting her in the air and hobbling towards their bedroom. They both laughed hysterically, her trying to make her way back to the kitchen as he dragged her into the room. When he walked her back into the bed she let out a soft “oof” because of the pressure, looking up at him with a pout. He only smiled, bending down over her as he took off his puffed jacket. 

“You can’t just kiss me and expect me to forgive you for committing capital murder.”

“Oh yeah? What capital murder did I just commit exactly?”

“My stomach. You murdered my stomach when you took me away from my tea.”

“You want me to murder your stomach?” 

“What no i-” She trailed off when she saw the -eating grin that made it way onto Timothee’s face after she realized what he had insinuated.

“If you wanted me all you had to do was ask.” He continued. His hands gripped the bottom of her shirt as he took it off for her, her green bralette leaving little to the imagination.

“I don’t want you.” She replied, starting to get flustered as she opened and closed , trying to come up with something better than a stupid ‘i don't want you’.

“What? You don’t love me anymore?”

“No, I never said that. I hate you.” She said, giving up with trying to best him in their little dispute.

“I love you too,” Timothee replied, leaning over her to connect their lips. She let out a sigh as she kissed him, her hands going to his hair and back. He moaned into when he felt her tug at the roots of his hair. 

This was how the two spent the rest of their day, wrapped lovingly in each others arms, sharing kisses and other intimate interactions, with the occasional break for tea or reading. Maybe the quarantine wasn’t so bad.